• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shoes:
1. Will be completely hand-made
2. They will be hand welted
3. They will be made to your measurements - We will add measurement instructions soon
4. They will be fully customizable, in style and fit
5. The sole choices will include Oak, Chestnut, Waxy Mimosa for excellent water resistance.
6. Calf skin uppers from leading Italian tanneries. Some uppers may be from other regions too, depending on style chosen
7. Still working on the pricing, but, will be pleasing.

Ordering: The process is still being tested. Have been testing a few pairs and are now feel satisfied with the results.

We are now planning on taking a few test orders. These will be priced at $200 and will come with a complete satisfaction guarantee. We will remake the shoe for you if not made to your liking.

To order, do send your detailed requirements to [email protected]. We will then invite you to place the order and submit measurements.

Bakkerrr

Reaction score
That's a tempting offer, I am planning on buying new shoes soon. But how do you want us to provide information on what we want? It's pretty easy to just send in an image of a nice pair of shoes.... Please give a bit more info on what is possible.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MORE COTTON-LINEN!

Awesome!! I'll be sure to request swatches for many of those on my next order.

Thanks for listening. I'm sure I'll have at least two of those blue cotton/linens before the year starts.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Shoes:
1. Will be completely hand-made
2. They will be hand welted
3. They will be made to your measurements - We will add measurement instructions soon
4. They will be fully customizable, in style and fit
5. The sole choices will include Oak, Chestnut, Waxy Mimosa for excellent water resistance.
6. Calf skin uppers from leading Italian tanneries. Some uppers may be from other regions too, depending on style chosen
7. Still working on the pricing, but, will be pleasing.

Ordering: The process is still being tested. Have been testing a few pairs and are now feel satisfied with the results.

We are now planning on taking a few test orders. These will be priced at $200 and will come with a complete satisfaction guarantee. We will remake the shoe for you if not made to your liking.

To order, do send your detailed requirements to [email protected]. We will then invite you to place the order and submit measurements.
Is Snuff Suede an option for the material?

mmmtttt

Reaction score

I'm not sure exactly what this means, as much as I want to jump on the boat right this second, I have no idea what I'm supposed to send. What are the limitations in terms of available leathers, lasts, etc.

Thanks

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish I wasn't still in a holding-all-none-house-purchases pattern right now. Luxire, yall are doing some great stuff. I'm hopefully back to ordering in a month or two.

Terpo

Reaction score
Any comments on the fit of this shirt? I'm pretty happy overall, just wanted to get a second opinion before I start bulk-ordering.

Simplicio

Reaction score
I tried the "spread" collar as well and did not like it.

The trousers look good, and the shirt. I think the university stripe fabrics are some of the best that Luxire offers. In fact, I was wearing my red university stripe shirt today as well.

Just received my shipment this week with six shirts (remade collars from previous order) and my 2nd pair of trousers, this time in Dugdale mid gray flannel (9 oz).

First impression on the shirts, I measured the collars and they seem to be just a hair too big now. The first time they were too small and unwearable if I wanted to wear them with a tie, and now they're maybe 1/4 of an inch bigger than I specified. They're still wearable but they're not quite perfect. However, I don't want to wait for another remake so I'll just keep them as is.

Another issue with the collars is that I had 4 with BD collars and 2 with NOBD I collars. The NOBD I was a little too curved for my tastes, so when I got the remake done I asked for just a spread collar that didn't curve as much. I didn't give any measurements for the spread collar, I just asked or a default spread, which may have been a mistake. The "spread" collars I received are not spread by any stretch of the imagination. They're not quite point collars, but they're somewhere in between a point and a spread. They look fine and I'll wear them, but again it is not what I asked for and I'm too impatient to wait another 6 weeks for another remake, and pay all the shipping costs again. I'll have to be more specific on the type of spread I want next time. I'll post some pics of those collars later so you can see what I mean.

The trousers however are fantastic. I'm kinda bow legged and I have a hard time finding pants that really fit me well. I don't think I'll ever get a super clean line from waist to leg opening, but these are probably the closest I've come yet. I also have a bigger butt and thighs compared to the rest of my leg, so many times I have issues with pockets flaring and things like that, but I don't have any issues with these. They're maybe a bit too long, but I'll fix that on my next order. I really like the fabric as well, they are a lightweight flannel, which is perfect for the warmer climate I live in. The 8-9oz estimate they give on the website is spot on, and if you want a beefier flannel, then these are not for you.

Here's a pic today of the Dugdale flannels with the red university stripes oxford:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hell YES on those new fabrics, Luxire. Just ordered several; exactly the right pale shades I was after of blue & pink in that G&R end-on-end fabric. Plus, decided to get a really nice BD in a linen/cotton G&R blends, ready for summer.
cool.gif

If they're what I expect, I will probably have to fight hard to resist getting more later!

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score

Just a teaser… Italian suede, British leather sole, hand made. The first pair of Luxire shoes.
Very, very nice. I'd love a version of the old Florsheim cobra vamp/yuma/langsford in a medium to dark brown/taupe suede like that.
Big News: Grandi & Runinelli - The Italian Shirting Brand is now on Luxire. …]
Holy moly. I just put in an order for five shirts, but I could easily double it w/ some of those. Ai yi yi.
… Another issue with the collars is that I had 4 with BD collars and 2 with NOBD I collars. The NOBD I was a little too curved for my tastes, so when I got the remake done I asked for just a spread collar that didn't curve as much. I didn't give any measurements for the spread collar, I just asked or a default spread, which may have been a mistake. The "spread" collars I received are not spread by any stretch of the imagination. They're not quite point collars, but they're somewhere in between a point and a spread. They look fine and I'll wear them, but again it is not what I asked for and I'm too impatient to wait another 6 weeks for another remake, and pay all the shipping costs again. I'll have to be more specific on the type of spread I want next time. I'll post some pics of those collars later so you can see what I mean. …
I used to like curved collars like the NOBD. I think I first saw them on Michael Jordan. They were fairly common in the 90's. The first shirts I ever had made had them, back in '97. They also had no placket, no pocket, and french cuffs. Now I like regular spread collars, plackets, pockets, and barrel cuffs. Btw, as someone implied above, your definition of spread collar may not have been theirs. I'm guessing your definition is what is often called a "cut-away." The Luxire house spread is a nice, traditional spread, which is between a point and a cut-away, which fits your description of what you got. I only get three collars from Luxire: BD, spread w/ light lining for wear w/ a tie, and spread w/ no lining for casual wear.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads