• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Weight is in discussion.
Argument against it is that it is too technical and many most people do not understand it.

Another point in discussion is a to add a recommended temperature range icon.

View attachment 1883357

Completely open to ideas and this is a good time to share thoughts.

I still much prefer the weight options, as I think the warm/cold filter can be quite misleading. If anything I'd say they don't fulfill the same function.

For example: a heavy Linen is just as usable for summer as a lightweight one, abeit it with different properties. A heavy cotton twill can be a great year round chino, while being heavier than a slightly brushed cotton or moleskin for winter. The same goes for heavier worsteds/high twists being heavier, but still very much suited for spring summer.

I agree, that this would be for the more advanced users but I don't see them as exclusives. Just the seasonal filter would not help with finding Heavier Linens or Cottons for example.
Perhaps either add both or add a weight filter with suitable guidelines. Differentiating between linear weight and weight per m² ist going to be the next issue. I think linear metre is more common these days (except for Brisbane Moss I think), but either is fine as long as it's done consistently.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say weight filters for sure, I'd also love filters by mill. Also higher resolution photos, especially on the close ups would be greatly appreciated, to make out the texture.

Other from that, general care advice updates would be a great thing. It's fairly common today to see dry clean and machine wash on the same part for instance.

Bersabee

Reaction score
I would say weight filters for sure, I'd also love filters by mill. Also higher resolution photos, especially on the close ups would be greatly appreciated, to make out the texture.

Other from that, general care advice updates would be a great thing. It's fairly common today to see dry clean and machine wash on the same part for instance.
Exactly. Also if they could put a reference item to get a good idea of the pattern size (e.g. US quarter or Euro).

star656

Reaction score
Agree with weight. Problem with temperature is that there are many heavy fabrics great for warmer weather (frescos particularly).

nubirth

Reaction score
Agree with weight. Problem with temperature is that there are many heavy fabrics great for warmer weather (frescos particularly).
I wear my wools in the summer. They feel and look good too.

LongGoneDay

Reaction score
How do I change the settings/measurements to cm instead of inches when I come to this step?

Thanks! :)

Skärmklipp.JPG

Last edited:

Nnicnic

Reaction score
Have you ever done this type of drawstring trousers like Stoffa’s? Wondering if you have done one so I can just put a request in a note

Attachments

• 25F2149D-62B6-4B99-8F59-BE1D3AC124F3.jpeg
    25F2149D-62B6-4B99-8F59-BE1D3AC124F3.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 242

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire
Do you have any ice/light blue denim shirting in store?
I believe we do have some really good options. Will request you to send us an email.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do I change the settings/measurements to cm instead of inches when I come to this step?

Thanks! :)

View attachment 1884224
Thank you!
There are some areas of issues with the switching between inches and cm. We will hopefully fix it in soon.
Can suggest that you skip this step when ordering and send us an email with your requirements. We will add the details to your order.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have you ever done this type of drawstring trousers like Stoffa’s? Wondering if you have done one so I can just put a request in a note
Drawstring pants are among our standard offerings. If you want then done in a particular manner, you can communicate the same to us over email and we will do it for you.

Sam L

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Brembana 2-ply Giza Pale Blue Hampton Twill comes out of the wash/dryer pretty much wrinkle free? I have the white herringbone Brembana which comes out a little too wrinkled for my liking, but it’s a lighter fabric. Link to the fabric in question:

Also, is anyone able to comment on the difference between the Brembana pale blue royal Oxford and Luxire’s pale blue royal Oxford? Is there a major difference in quality? Links below:

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a good dark grey/charcoal grey fabric at the ~$300 price point for 4-season use? Something substantial and weighty that would look good in a high/mid waist trouser build.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Brembana 2-ply Giza Pale Blue Hampton Twill comes out of the wash/dryer pretty much wrinkle free? I have the white herringbone Brembana which comes out a little too wrinkled for my liking, but it’s a lighter fabric. Link to the fabric in question:
I have it and the White Hampton Twill. They come out of the dryer.....a little rumpled but not wrinkled per se. No creases, but still in need of ironing if you're going for a crisp, business-appropriate look. If you're putting it under a flannel overshirt or something, you're good to go straight from the dryer.

I'll also add that they did not shrink AT ALL for me in the dryer, so take that into consideration if you're normally adding a shrinkage allowance. I got backups of both, as well as a backup of the White Blue Dress Stripes Brembana fabric. They are excellent, especially for the price.

I can't help with the oxford question. I just get the house oxfords from Luxire and have been happy, though I don't wear them often.

Edit: This assumes that you take the shirts out of the dryer warm and hang them immediately.

Palisander

Reaction score
@luxire
Are you able to make something similiar to this?
Do you have any green/olive light/midweight fabrics in cotton sateen?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads