• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How good is Genoa at holding the crease? I am debating between a tailored flat front trousers and a proper single pleated trouser. Do you think the Genoa is the right fabric for pleated trousers? I'm concerned that it doesn't hold the create as well as other cotton fabrics and thus make the pleated trousers sloppy.
I think it holds a decent crease.

1658578497528.png

star656

Reaction score
Another Luxire success story.

Exactly 1 month order to delivery of custom order Minnis Fresco Fabric 51265 Grey/Black/Blue POW 9/10oz unstructured sport coat (yes this includes Luxire sourcing the fabric).

Built off existing pattern.

510265.jpg

I find this darker pattern with a little blue and some form of browns to be the most useful sport coats for me (can be worn with any jeans, light-mid gray trousers, ecru/cream/khaki trousers, etc. Of course Navy is always good but tends (for me) to be much more formal.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire: do you have any navy suitings at a reduced price, something akin to the washable wools? I cannot find anything here: https://luxire.com/collections/suit-collection

Furthermore, what would be the cost to have replacement collars made up for old Luxire shirts? Is it also possible to make new collar bands, with a smaller size and have these attached by a local tailor?
Reduced price options are only ones available on the website.

Do send us email for the collars.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Have anyone tried the washable wool suits? It looks like the same material as the washable wool pants.

When buying this suit, is it possible to ask Luxire to copy a pair of pants from an existing order and accordingly, copy a sports jacket from an existing order?

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Sherwood Tan Cotton Twill

Had these made with custom measurements. Pretty pleased with the results but expected the fabric to be a bit more substantial at 13oz. Love the wide fit on these but could definitely lose .5-1" of length. Will these shrink in the wash any or should I just take them to my tailor?

20220722_173858.jpg

20220722_173909.jpg

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've recently made a custom trouser order and asked for permanent creases on the pants. However I've received an image from Luxire and they've actually put a stichtching line along the crease ?? (The order isn't shipped yet). Anyone had a similar experience? I though they were just gonna do the standard machine pressed permanent crease, obviously...
Permanent crease is a sewn in crease line, basically a shape crease with a very tight edge stitch behind it, not sure what you expected? A press so hard it never wore out? 😆

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sherwood Tan Cotton Twill

Had these made with custom measurements. Pretty pleased with the results but expected the fabric to be a bit more substantial at 13oz. Love the wide fit on these but could definitely lose .5-1" of length. Will these shrink in the wash any or should I just take them to my tailor?

View attachment 1815279

View attachment 1815280
All is relative, they don’t look that wide to me. But that’s beside the point. Always wash a few times before altering anything is my firm advise.

ROMAINMTL

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask a question to the community.
I order two RTW trousers in 32x32. One is the Gurkha denim jeans and the other the Gurkha dugdale grey wool.
The dugdale way more tigh compare to the the denim jeans but it is the same size.
Did you guys experience that issue ?

As there is no tag in trousers I ask to Luxire if they send me the wrong size but no response from them.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

alfredt

Reaction score
Have anyone tried the washable wool suits? It looks like the same material as the washable wool pants.

When buying this suit, is it possible to ask Luxire to copy a pair of pants from an existing order and accordingly, copy a sports jacket from an existing order?

For what it's worth I recently had a pair of trousers made in the washable wool fabric and hate it so much I'll probably throw it out without ever wearing it. It feels and looks like wearing a sheet of plastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads