• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

boot_owl

Reaction score
Hey all - New to Luxire and looking for some basic trews done up for harder wear in lieu of using my tailor. Have heard good feedback on them and figure I’ll give them a shot. I know a few years back (thanks, search bar) some guys did some Ambrosi style trews. https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...official-affiliate-thread.304965/post-6948488 Has anyone refined that pattern/order number since then? If so - Do you just drop that reference number in the notes? Or is it best to just use the customize option and select a bunch of options and get everything selected myself?

With regard to ordering - Has anyone had luck with body measurements? Or is it best to stick to sending in a pair to be cloned?

You can get decent results from body measurements, with a few iterations. Cloning probably has a 99% success rate though, so I'd recommend that if you have something you like already.

I'm quite certain they could replicate those details from just the photos and order number from your link.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Or is it best to stick to sending in a pair to be cloned?

I had good luck measuring my existing item - with both pants and a shirt. It wasn't exactly the same as the original, but very, very close, and just fine for what I need. If you sent them something, though, it will be exact. They are very accurate in my experience.

Skoaky K

Reaction score
Hi,

The Zegna Cashco fabric, did you always carry brown or was it just Camel initially. I purchased a the camel color when the cashco was first available just wondering if I got the brown or the Camel.

Regards.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,

The Zegna Cashco fabric, did you always carry brown or was it just Camel initially. I purchased a the camel color when the cashco was first available just wondering if I got the brown or the Camel.

Regards.
If you send us an email, we can send you a comparative image of both shades. It will help us catch any error that may have happened or clarify any doubts that may have creep-ed in.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the ready to wear Dugdale grey flannel trousers? The price is almost half of what you'd have to pay elsewhere for a similar trouser, which is great, but I'm wondering how the quality holds up? ?

MrNestor

Reaction score
@luxire
For the RTW trousers, are they true-to-size? I mean is the 30 inch waist, exactly 76,2 cm around the waist and etc. for the other measurements?
Would you call them slim or classic fit in the cut?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the ready to wear Dugdale grey flannel trousers? The price is almost half of what you'd have to pay elsewhere for a similar trouser, which is great, but I'm wondering how the quality holds up? ?
Same construction process and quality standards as Luxire MTM

@luxire
For the RTW trousers, are they true-to-size? I mean is the 30 inch waist, exactly 76,2 cm around the waist and etc. for the other measurements?
Would you call them slim or classic fit in the cut?
Yes, exactly true to size. We call it slim. It is not skinny but not as roomy as classic fit trousers.

MrNestor

Reaction score
Yes, exactly true to size. We call it slim. It is not skinny but not as roomy as classic fit trousers.

Wonderful to hear! Made me confused since in most stores I'm a 31 or 32 waist-size and many times they're too big. My waist is 84-85 cm and that makes me a 33' waist here, hmm.
Any advice on how to measure inseam, where is the starting point? =)

If either Luxire or anyone else care to respond to this other question I'd appreciate it.
I just ordered a RTW Oxford and I both noticed and got told from a friend that Suitsupply's shirts are the same price.
If you have any pros or cons to either option I'd love to hear it. Fit, fabric, construction etc.

JimmyTre

Reaction score
@luxire do you plan to carry any solid light grey fabrics for a business/formal shirt (preferably twill or broadcloth) in the near future?

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
@luxire

Can you comment on the heft of this ecru oxford cloth? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to such details.

138 gms/5 oz

zurich64

Reaction score
The quality of RTM is very good but the fit is definitely not slim and for me, it was giving the grandpa look. I was going to return it but a colleague took it from me. For reference, he has much wider thighs and weighs about 15 kilos more than me, somehow with almost the same waist size!! The waist is true to size and not vanity-sized.

The made-to-order items on the other hand were a very good fit. With 3-4 days for made-to-order, I would say order your exact fit instead of saving a bit of money for something which may not fit you.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire do you plan to carry any solid light grey fabrics for a business/formal shirt (preferably twill or broadcloth) in the near future?
We do have some options in Canclini
You can send us an email and we will send you the images.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

Can you comment on the heft of this ecru oxford cloth? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to such details.

138 gms/5 oz
138 grams is not too thick or heavy for an oxford. It is a good weight for all year wear.

Goldfarmer

Reaction score
I'm about to order my first shirt from Luxire. I was wondering if someone has a nice shirt collar to recommend, preferably a cutaway, not too formal, but still that works with a tie. But I'm mainly looking for something that I can rock without a tie. Is Luxire's own cutaway any good, any experiences?

I don't like it to be too high, but still not too low in height so the tie is showing when wearing a tie.

Thanks for the input!

/G

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads