• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Very interested in these trousers and would like to purchase by Friday while the pricing is still favorable. I’ve never ordered with Luxire though. Can someone provide insight on ordering RTW with them if I want to order unfinished bottoms on the trousers so my tailor can hem and cuff them? I’m a 32 waist.
After you place your order, you can send us an email. We will send the pants with bottom unfinished.

@luxire, those pants are looking good. Out of curiosity, how did you achieve the fit? Is this refined in-house model or one time client fit?

This is ready-to-wear, made to our standard sizes using our standard pattern.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After you place your order, you can send us an email. We will send the pants with bottom unfinished.

This is ready-to-wear, made to our standard sizes using our standard pattern.

Many thanks for this info. Just looked at the size charts for these trews. Am I correct in understanding that for a size 32, these trews taper down to a 7.25 hem opening? If so, that's likely too narrow for me. Is there any way around this? I'd at least need a 7.75" opening. @luxire

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Many thanks for this info. Just looked at the size charts for these trews. Am I correct in understanding that for a size 32, these trews taper down to a 7.25 hem opening? If so, that's likely too narrow for me. Is there any way around this? I'd at least need a 7.75" opening. @luxire

We also offer made-to-measure service and also online bespoke service.

We have about 3000 different fabrics, starting at $89.99 for pants whereby you can order in the size of your choice and the styling of your choice.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would 100% recommend sending a pair that fits you well rather than relying on their own pattern. Based on photos, there continues to be an issue for many people regarding fit in the seat when working off Luxire's pattern.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would 100% recommend sending a pair that fit you well rather than relying on their own pattern. Based on photos, there continues to be an issue for many people regarding fit in the seat when working off Luxire's pattern.

This is helpful. Longtime lurker of Luxire.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would 100% recommend sending a pair that fit you well rather than relying on their own pattern. Based on photos, there continues to be an issue for many people regarding fit in the seat when working off Luxire's pattern.
I second this. I tried to dial in my fit by making small changes back and forth. Spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I just grew tired of it at last. Sent in a pair of bespoke trousers and asked Luxire to replicate it. I now have +25 pair of trousers from Luxire ?

angusangus

Reaction score
^^ The above posts are correct. You may well have luck with gradual refinement of the inhouse pattern to your measurements, but many will be frustrated by the iterative process and some will be unlucky with the fit. But you will almost certainly get it right from the first go if you send in a properly fitting pair and ask for a perfect replica.

rsg17

Reaction score
I second this. I tried to dial in my fit by making small changes back and forth. Spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I just grew tired of it at last. Sent in a pair of bespoke trousers and asked Luxire to replicate it. I now have +25 pair of trousers from Luxire ?

I can absolutely confirm this. I simply had a pair of bespoke trousers sent to Luxire in order to have the measurements taken for replication – that was the best decision! Once they have the perfect pattern for you, there's almost nothing that can go wrong (unless of course you gain a lot of weight and need to make adjustments for the new orders). I've rarely experienced a problem with my trousers and have ordered more than 30, I believe. Same is true for jackets and shirts, it's best to send one to Luxire and have them taking the measurements for you.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can absolutely confirm this. I simply had a pair of bespoke trousers sent to Luxire in order to have the measurements taken for replication – that was the best decision! Once they have the perfect pattern for you, there's almost nothing that can go wrong (unless of course you gain a lot of weight and need to make adjustments for the new orders). I've rarely experienced a problem with my trousers and have ordered more than 30, I believe. Same is true for jackets and shirts, it's best to send one to Luxire and have them taking the measurements for you.
Many thanks, everyone. Seems like sending in trews for them to replicate is the best way to ensure accuracy/good fit for a first time patron like myself.

rsg17

Reaction score
Many thanks, everyone. Seems like sending in trews for them to replicate is the best way to ensure accuracy/good fit for a first time patron like myself.
I would strongly recommend doing it, it's definitely worth investing the shipment costs. You can still do adjustments later, if needed. Also – at least in my experience – Luxire's customer service is really helpful in setting up the process to have your trousers shipped to them, should you need assistance for that.

the arbitrary

Reaction score
@luxire @LuxireStudio
Could you positively consider my wish: fast email reply?
Email reply is so slow...It seems odd given that Luxire is now offering 3 day shipping...so email reply takes more time than that...it looks unbalanced to me.
My order pattern is this: I order one item and right after I receive it, I order new one with newly adjusted measurement and some enquiry email. So in my case the biggest bottleneck (bottleneck in regards with delay of my next order) is email enquiry.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks mate.
Yes, this remains an issue. We are working on fixing it. As you can probably notice, we are in the process of making improvements.
With 3-day shipping, we have achieved the impossible.

Email hopefully should be comparatively easier.

GetStraight

Reaction score
Good Day Luxire,

I have two questions please:

1. Is it possible to have a Laboratory Coat (Doctor's Lab Coat) created? If so, what would be the pricing? ...I'm dreaming of having one with a peak lapel and martingale on the back.

2. Is an upgrade to the visual aspects of the website imminent?

Thank You

Last edited:

GetStraight

Reaction score
On which day of September will this 3-day turn around be enacted? I'd like to be one of the first to test out the new product speeds and post back here with the results

Hi All,

Just following up on an earlier post. I'm happy to say that after placing about 6 independent orders for trousers (of varying mills) since the 3-day announcement all my items have shipped within 3 business days with the exception of one which took a little over a week to ship. Great stuff @luxire

With Great Thanks, GetStraight

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads