• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my first ever pair of Luxire trousers I bought a cheap pair of pants online, and had my local cleaners tailor them to my liking. Submitted those garment measurements plus a few minor styling tweaks. That got me 85%-90% good fit on the first try.

Winchester_M

Reaction score
I got my trial pants

Thinking about
- slimming area below seat (thights)
- Increasing calves
- reducing leg opening

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200104-152848_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200104-152747_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200104-152719_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200104-152734_Gallery.jpg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a tailor. I think front and rear rise need tweaking, which will improve the line of the trousers as they fall from waist to hem.

I think some of that may be what you're seeking to achieve through your proposed alterations, but I'd send the photos to Luxire and let them suggest the best course of action.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire (or anyone else)

I want to modify my current collar "design" by...

-Decreasing the collar spread or distance between collar points.
-Increasing the length of the collar points.
-All while keep the collar construction, band height, and overall shirt measurements the same.

What is the best/easiest way to communicate this via email? I can include a reference photo as well. Thanks

Camillo

Reaction score
@patliean1 , personally, thinking like an engineer, I would operate with numbers. If you have something specific in mind with this modified collar I think it would be good to do some visualizations with a ruler on a base shirt and then to give those measurements to Luxire. At least I would do it that way.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@patliean1 , personally, thinking like an engineer, I would operate with numbers. If you have something specific in mind with this modified collar I think it would be good to do some visualizations with a ruler on a base shirt and then to give those measurements to Luxire. At least I would do it that way.

That's a great idea, and what I mind in as well. Thank you sir.
I have about 15 shirts with my semi-spread collar, and it's time for something new. Plus the days of spread collar supremacy seems to coming to an end.

Camillo

Reaction score
That's a great idea, and what I mind in as well. Thank you sir.
I have about 15 shirts with my semi-spread collar, and it's time for something new. Plus the days of spread collar supremacy seems to coming to an end.
True that, but I think semi-spread is pretty timeless unlike any types of cutaways or even extreme cutaways.

By the way, I would like to see a classic collar with longer points in the Luxire offer as a standard, something similar to the turndown collar from Shirtonomy:

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
I got my trial pants

Thinking about
- slimming area below seat (thights)
- Increasing calves
- reducing leg opening

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

View attachment 1311136

View attachment 1311137 View attachment 1311138
View attachment 1311139
Extremelly good fit for the first pair. Yea i would probably widen a little bit the calf reduce lenght by 0,5 cm and reduce the leg opening slightly. Also I can see one pocket gaping wich might be because of the posture but something to look out for. You don’t seem to have front creasing in the upper area and almost none in the back, personally knowing how bad things can go i would be hesitant to make any changes in this area since anything in wool or linen would solve the problems.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire (or anyone else)

I want to modify my current collar "design" by...

-Decreasing the collar spread or distance between collar points.
-Increasing the length of the collar points.
-All while keep the collar construction, band height, and overall shirt measurements the same.

What is the best/easiest way to communicate this via email? I can include a reference photo as well. Thanks
Sent you a chat message.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Any recommendations?
Congrats! I think it is a good start.

Best to do fit advise over email as the fit experts really put in some good thoughts.

My recommendations would be:
1. Increase hip width - 0.5" - Some tightness around the base of the fly point.
2. Increase backrise at crotch 0.5" - The lines under the seat and the back crease should be fixed with this change
3. Increase calf 0.5"

Megakurth

Reaction score
Received the first of my Black Friday order yesterday with my Minnis Navy Mock Leno jacket with full canvass, a Milanese lapel buttonhole, handmade buttonholes and double pick stitching.

9C4F3071-9E54-46E2-8FE7-11A9333509E5.jpeg
411A8850-E5F8-4BC0-871B-54EFD16C03F9.jpeg

fit pics will come after a proper press, but they really nailed down my pattern and the fit seems pretty spot on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads