• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I see it, the more I want Luxire to make me a couple of polos with that Eidos-based collar!

Order #7302. Specify that you'd like to have the one button placket one piece polo collar from that order. I'm extremely satisfied with the way Luxire copied the collar based on just some pictures.

If you want something out of the ordinary, you can just send Luxire a description with a couple of pictures. They're seriously awesome at interpreting your pictures, so don't be afraid to give it a try.

EDIT: I added it to the collar googledoc, so it's there for future reference.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

lukejackson

Reaction score
Is it hard to get that polo on monkeyface? I have that fabric and didn't think it had much give. Did you relax your normal measurements? Cheers.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Face of the Monkey, I think that the shoulders are big, if I'm not mistaken the chest measurement could stay like that and the shoulder could be decreased. Collars and fabrics look nice!

Thanks Betel, they came out a bit bigger than I had imagined. I have decreased the shoulder measurement and transferred an inch from the back panel to the front panel for my next shirt, so there's more room in the chest and a less in the back.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks Betel, they came out a bit bigger than I had imagined. I have decreased the shoulder measurement and transferred an inch from the back panel to the front panel for my next shirt, so there's more room in the chest and a less in the back.

Nice! Looking forward to see how they turned out!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol @ people who say "luxire messed up the measurements on my shirt, I need it to the re-made" without reading the "how to measure" section of the website.

and then never hearing from them again once the link is posted.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first luxire shirt. Collar is a custom one based on a proper cloth milano collar with a few little tweaks. The band height is high (I'm 6'2" with a long neck) and I'm tweaking it a little for the next one (slightly less spread). Order is #7210 for anyone interested in the collar. The Yoke and shoulders are also a little tight so have added a bit to them and the chest too for the next version. All in all though a very well made shirt.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice @Henry Carter! Could you please update the collar sheet with deets?

Also, what fabric did you choose? Any reviews?

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice @Henry Carter! Could you please update the collar sheet with deets?

Also, what fabric did you choose? Any reviews?

Sure, what's the link to the sheet again?

It was one of the basic dress stripes http://custom.luxire.com/collections/stripes/products/blue_dress_stripes_gtz49536

For $80 it's a lovely fabric and irons easily with quite a nice sheen to it. I'll likely get another one or 2 in this exact fabric once I get my pattern down (hopefully on attemot no 2)

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, what's the link to the sheet again?

It was one of the basic dress stripes http://custom.luxire.com/collections/stripes/products/blue_dress_stripes_gtz49536

For $80 it's a lovely fabric and irons easily with quite a nice sheen to it. I'll likely get another one or 2 in this exact fabric once I get my pattern down (hopefully on attemot no 2)

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArNeLrwWnsmodDMwWl9ScVo3VkNlR2JRSU5tTFFOMlE&usp=sharing

Thanks. How much sheen is there? Too much to wear with cashmere, tweed, donegal or other type of rougher materials? How easily does it wrinkle?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads