Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Square shoulder individuals are usually easier to fit as the angle along the traps is less pronounced. You will often hear people mention the yoke as needing modification to accommodate sloping shoulders. Square shoulders fit RTW shirts better in my opinion.

2. GuP

GuP Senior member

Thanks grenson and monkey. Always good to learn new things.

Another question: how are you guys specifying decrease in pants leg/foot opening? I have pants that fit rather well and are candidates for replication except the fact that they have a 9inch leg opening. Let's suppose I wanted to decease this to 8inches - would I have to specify the taper from knee down in exact measurements or is Luxire able to figure it out by reducing incrementally from the knee down?

3. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Because of the way pants are designed, you rely on the knee measurement and the ankle opening. This will ultimately determine how much taper there is. I think tailor's hands are a bit tied when trying to adjust taper in between the knee and ankle because when fabric is cut it's basically between two lines. Someone with more knowledge may step in and correct me on this.

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you CrazAzul. They look amazing.

Would also recommend sending the images to us for use on our site. Helps us look better.

5. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Luxire, I've had the chance to wear my selvedge denim a couple of times now and I am very happy with how they turned out. They are truly fantastic for the price.

I'll post fit pics and happy to answer any questions regarding specific details I asked for on these jeans.

One question for Luxire - are you able to offer a service where you stonewash denim? I'd like a heavily faded pair of selvedge denim a la Baldwin's "California Wash"?

6. GuP

GuP Senior member

I believe I understand what you are getting at.

So, if one specifies a decrease only in the ankle opening, Luxire leaves the knee measurement as it is, and then tapers the are in-between (lower leg area) to the new ankle opening OR is there no taper at all, but a rather abrupt decrease from the previous ankle opening to the new smaller ankle opening?

7. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

8. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

9. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my Sky Blue OCBD based on Proper Cloth's measurements. It looks like it will have to get remade. The cuff is about an inch more than I wanted, while the yoke and chest are significant smaller.

What's the best way to ship from the US to Luxire? Fedex? UPS?

10. Mannequin

Mannequin Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014

11. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

I would advise you to read their instructions on measuring. Your way of measuring the cuff looks quite incorrect, and it seems that you are doing it a bit incorrect on the chest and yoke as well.

12. Johknee

Johknee Senior member

Hey brownman, did you order the Luxire chambray/denim shirt you mentioned a few months back?
    You wanted something similar to the number that PJohnson make.

13. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

Thanks. Yeah the cuff measurement isn't off but my yoke and chest are about a half inch to an inch from what I requested, following their guide.

14. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

I've had a light jacket and a heavy winter coat made, and in both cases I specified the actual measurements of the garment. My process has been to take an existing coat that fits me well and make any desired adjustments to that. In the case of the lightweight one I went ahead and pinned up the reference garment and tried it on to make sure the changes I requested were going to work.

The consensus around here seems to be that for all kinds of garments you're best off providing actual measurements for the type of item in question.

15. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

It'll be my pleasure. I'll see if I can round up some others as well.