• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for cotton chinos on March 15th. I believe they were delivered to me in the US on March 31st. Not sure if time would differ Norway/jeans.

Bummer about the price increase for the Brembana Navy Chambray. It was actually going to be my next purchase.

Not sure about the low stock reasoning. You'd think it'd go on clearance to get rid of the remaining stock and make room for new inventory. Guess it was just too good of a special. :)
Did you just order a pair of chinos and nothing else?

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score
Did you just order a pair of chinos and nothing else?

Chinos and two dress shirts.

Crossing my fingers for about the same delivery time that you had, about two weeks is really fast.

Yes, I agree, quite steep price hike there, but it is a very nice shirt fabric.

Rincon: what about the Cerruti cashmere for outerwear?

For your denim selvedge, did you increase any of your measurements to account for shrinkage? Care to share any other thoughts on the denim?

I think Luxire posted some time ago about expected shrinkage in overall length and hip width? Perhaps I'm misremembering.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my Luxire shirt last night to a friend's wedding. I like this shirt.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have an order number and pictures for a Mercer & Sons collar made by Luxire?

Collar points

3 7/16"

Collar spread

3 7/16" (button to button)

Tie Space

3/8"

Collar lining

Unlined, unfused button down "Mercer Style" collar (same as 3953)

-----

Check my pictures or user tehbunny

Last edited:

table21

Reaction score

Canada has been included in the $25 flat-rate-duty-incusive shipping, which is very reasonable if you order more than one item at a time

Well on the 6th revision of a shirt trying to fix the same 2 issues, so there is no point of ordering more than 1 at a time. other companies like modern tailor offer $20 trial shirts. I wish luxire had something like that. Going from $60 a shirt to $85 is a pretty major price increase.

Spurious

Reaction score

For your denim selvedge, did you increase any of your measurements to account for shrinkage? Care to share any other thoughts on the denim?

I think Luxire posted some time ago about expected shrinkage in overall length and hip width? Perhaps I'm misremembering. 

I ordered a pair of denim. I did ask them to adjust for shrinkage. The pants are made to my measurements + shrinkage adjustment. I think they fit terribly, but that is due to me being a newbie with denim (first pair of jeans I've bought in 5+ years and will probably never buy one again).
You can ask Luxire to wash them beforehand (IIRC it's $20 extra) so there won't be any shrinkage.

Speaking of denim and washing.
How can I get my pair to shrink to the correct measurements? How often do I need to wash them at which temperature? Those are raw denims, so what are the consequences of me washing them so early (after wearing them roughly 5 times)?

Well on the 6th revision of a shirt trying to fix the same 2 issues, so there is no point of ordering more than 1 at a time. other companies like modern tailor offer $20 trial shirts. I wish luxire had something like that. Going from $60 a shirt to $85 is a pretty major price increase.

Well Luxire offers a trial shirt:
http://luxire.com/products/luxire-fit-test-trial-shirt

Also, you can send in a well fitting shirt and get it replicated by them. That would be my preferred way nowadays.

scrolls

Reaction score
How much deeper would you gentlemen recommend for pockets? A couple of inches?

Haven't attempted to measure yet but I'm guessing 1-1.5".

For those more experienced with the linen shirts, do you find that they fit more loosely than your cotton shirts? Would there be any reason to change the sizing on the order?

Only have one linen shirt from Luxire and it fits noticeably looser than cotton. Linen is more casual and airy anyway so it doesn't really bother me. Might make some .25" adjustments on my next linen shirt though, not really sure.

Spurious

Reaction score

Haven't attempted to measure yet but I'm guessing 1-1.5".

Only have one linen shirt from Luxire and it fits noticeably looser than cotton. Linen is more casual and airy anyway so it doesn't really bother me. Might make some .25" adjustments on my next linen shirt though, not really sure. 

.25" where? Waist and chest?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

scrolls

Reaction score
.25" where? Waist and chest?

Probably waist, chest and bicep. Honestly haven't worn my one linen shirt in quite awhile thanks to weather. Just now starting to get nice again so I've been looking at ordering some more and will decide soon.

I only have one linen shirt though so take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm sure others have more experience.

johanm

Reaction score
@luxire - the Brisbane Moss canvas fabrics are a nice addition, but note that the weights listed are per square meter, not per running meter, which is how fabric weights are typically quoted. 310 grams/square meter is roughly equivalent to 465g (15-16oz) per running meter.

Could you let us know if the weights listed for other fabrics on the Luxire website are measured by square meter?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads