1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

A question for those of you who have returned garments for minor alterations. What was the turnaround like once the item was received? My pants finally arrived in India after 7 weeks (obviously not Luxire's fault), and I'm dying to get them back so that I can base more orders off of them.

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

No one should listen to this idiocy.

5 people like this.
  3. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

so if i go the route of pleats, which ones do i want? no idea what single, double, reverse refers to. end of the day i just want a very clean, simple, well fitting look.

plan to increase hips total of 1" - hopefully that won't be too much, or is it too little..

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Single pleats if you want a clean look. You can go for the extended waistband and side adjusters, so you can wear it without a belt. Here are luxire single pleats + extended waistband:

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  5. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, single pleats is probably the way to go, especially if you haven't worn pleated trousers before. I prefer reversed pleats like MF wears in the picture above, but you should go with what you think looks best.

6. SamF

SamF Well-Known Member

What advantages to reverse pleats offer in comparison to forward ones? Despite being quite slim I'd like some pleated trousers, whenever I see them I think they look more elegant that flat fronts, but that may be correlation as opposed to causation mind, as the pleated trousers I tend to see are from people who wear well fitting trousers, where as I perhaps associate flat fronts with what the average person wears.

7. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

Forward pleats (opening towards the fly) are more of a Brittish thing and reverse pleats are more of an American thing. I've seen Italian designers go either way. Functionally they are the same.

Interesting that this discussion should occur, because I'm currently measuring and preparing to place an order for trousers with a high rise (about belly button), single forward pleats and side adjusters. EFV has posted some beautiful examples earlier in the thread and Monkeyface's faux-brosi example above is also excellent.

8. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

First of the bags being shipped:

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  9. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

I have problems with finding jeans that fit me due to squats. I have large thighs, large butt and narrow waist. If I find a pair of jeans that fit in the thighs and leg opening, then the jeans would be very roomy in the waist. I just bought a pair of jeans which fits everywhere except for in the waist.

How do I tweak the measurements to fit my waist based on the said jeans? Could I just put all the measurements from my jeans but reduce the waist?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

thta's probably where you start. then tweak as necessary. that seems to be the most recommended advice - taking measurements from best fitting pants and going from there.

1 person likes this.
  11. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Nice collar! Deets? Oh, and very nice pants too. [​IMG]

12. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

Looks good. Bridle leather?

13. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

Someone likes their Mismo bags :D

14. razl

razl Senior member

Ok, at only 2.5 weeks I'm getting antsy for my order (even though I proclaimed a few pages back that I was prepared for the first order being a longer than usual one) but I'm curious, is there any order status between "unfulfilled" and "fulfilled", like "in progress"?

15. razl

razl Senior member

Personally, I like the fact that when viewed from the side, forward pleats are cleaner since the opening is hidden (towards the fly). Reverse pleats, opening outward, show the inside of the fold which, to my eye, looks a tad bit messier even if they are laying perfectly flat.

That said, I read somewhere that if you really want pleats for the comfort of added roominess, forward pleats provide less of it that reverse pleats; I think the thought was that the additional material between the pleat and the fly was less useful than additional material on the outside. I don't know whether it's true, but it stuck in my noodle when I read it.

16. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

*edit - deleted...*
    That didn't come across the way I wanted it to. My apologies to razl.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ he seemed pretty chill to me and asked a totally legitimate question. To answer the question, I don't think there is an "in progress" status. And what in God's name did you order back in April that hasn't been delivered yet? I'm still waiting on shoes, but that's understandable since they are still figuring out the logistics of making those.

1 person likes this.
  18. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

Yes, my comment didn't come across the way I wanted it to. Sorry everyone, the intent was in jest.

Luxire is working on an item for me and there was a technical issue that had to be corrected. They have begun work on correcting it and I'm holding off on posting more details until I receive the remade garment.

19. razl

razl Senior member

@Thrifter I missed the fireworks but no harm, no foul :fistbump:

@Beatlegeuse Thanks for info, I guess I'll keep hitting refresh until I see "fulfilled!"

...and now I feel guilty for having thought at previous posters who have waited far longer "c'mon, it's a shirt, it takes time; relax".

20. xizenta

xizenta Senior member

Yeah, I was also wondering if there was a step between fulfilled and unfulfilled. My order is still unfulfilled after abt 3 weeks and I really just want to receive it so I can base more orders off of it. Frustrating. :foo: