• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

reidrothchild

Reaction score

Anybody got a Luxire semi-spread in action?

Last edited:

Spurious

Reaction score

Spurious,

The Dugdale fine worsted fabrics are perfect for year around wear IMO (obviously depends on your weather). Also check out the Minnis Fresco fabrics. Only have a couple swatches of those but they feel very similar weight-wise to the Dugdale fine worsted.

Thanks.

I was considering the Minnis as well, but thought that they might be a tad too light for year around wear (they seem to be 1oz lighter than the Dugdale).

Which Minnis swatches do you have? They are next on my list.

Also, as an alternative, I was contemplating getting them in that fabric:
http://custom.luxire.com/products/dugdale-town-classic-light-grey-hopsack-14-oz
Anyone opposed?

scrolls

Reaction score
Wheat Plain (two down on my to-order pant list) and Light Grey Plain. Hard to tell from a swatch but they are very close to the Dugdale in weight, probably a touch thinner.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

I was considering the Minnis as well, but thought that they might be a tad too light for year around wear (they seem to be 1oz lighter than the Dugdale).

Anyone opposed?

The heavier Minnis Fresco would be fine for multiple seasons if there was no wind. The cooling aspect only really comes in with a breeze on those.

easy_golfing

Reaction score

I'm itching to make some orders for shirts and pants, but I'm waiting for some clarification on the customs issues. Haven't heard too much except that they are working on it. Any body have any experience / feedback?

Sorry forgot to mention I'm in the US

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
We work hard to maintain the illusion that there is. It usually appears a handful of times per year, leading to men the colour of lobsters and sausages that are equally pink on the inside, despite being grilled to the point of charcoal on the outside. It's A Good Thing.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Anyone opposed?

I have a few Minnis swatches as well and a pair of light grey Minnis Fresco trousers. They really are a summer trouser (perhaps a few more months if you have particularly warm weather) and definitely not a 3-4 season option. Not only are they a bit lighter in weight, the open weave lets a lot of air through. This is great during the summer when the breeze can be a bit cooling but you do not want this when it is even a bit chilly out.

Personally I tend to wear moleskins / cords / cavalry twill / flannel for most of the year (it is a bit chilly and windy in Chicago) but wear linen / Fresco for summer. A light to medium grey worsted isn't the worst thing in the world if you want something a bit more versatile (though you may find it too warm for summer and not warm enough for winter), but I'd get something a bit heavier than 8-9 ounce. In general, I err on the side of a bit heavier for trousers. I'd consider 10 ounces a decent year-round weight for suits but something closer to 11-12 ounces would be better for odd trousers.

If you can afford it, I'd try to go for something more seasonal. I find there are a lot more days when a medium weight trouser is either too warm or not warm enough than there are days when flannel would be too warm but Fresco would be too cold. Dugdale flannel is pretty good for the price, Minnis Fresco is solid, and the corduroy and cavalry twill options from Luxire are pretty good.

burghler

Reaction score
Just as a heads up for those planning on ordering swimming trunks, the Epic fabrics do not dry nearly as quickly as other swimming trunks I own (made of polyamide). They are terrific at repelling water but take a while to dry when they become drenched.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Just as a heads up for those planning on ordering swimming trunks, the Epic fabrics do not dry nearly as quickly as other swimming trunks I own (made of polyamide). They are terrific at repelling water but take a while to dry when they become drenched.

How was the construction and look of the fabric otherwise? I am probably going to order swimming trunks when I get my short measurements dialed in.

burghler

Reaction score
How was the construction and look of the fabric otherwise? I am probably going to order swimming trunks when I get my short measurements dialed in.
Construction was great and the fabric is nice as well, maybe a little stiffer than typical swim trunks but nothing too noticeable. They just take a little longer to dry

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those new cotton linen blends are just what I was looking for.

@luxire

Can you let me know what blue is lighter:
Pale blue cool / new sky blue cool / old sky blue

Same for the cream, which is lighter:
Soft cream / cream / off white

The swatch pics are difficult to distinguish from. I just want to make sure I don't get a cream shirt too similar to the cool white linen I already have from you. Thank you for the help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads