1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. afc345

afc345 Senior member

M

Me too, but I received a shipping confirmation yesterday where the package is shipped by dhl.

2. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

I'm looking for a milky coffee coloured polo, khaki brown or beige might fit this colour. It's hard for me to decide based on names. I personally steer away from brightly coloured fabrics and stick with nature colours.

I could see myself wearing, burnt orange, pale green and light blue. A white navy striped polo could be considered as well.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

They have also gone back to the old system where the shipping cost does not cover taxes, which is quite a bummer as this increases the total by about ~30-40 per cent, depending on order price.

4. mothon

mothon Senior member

Here is a pic of my first luxire shirt straight out of the box. Fabric is blue dress stripe seersucker. I am pretty happy with it and will be making some small adjustments on my next one. I will post more detailed pictures after it is washed and ironed.
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  5. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

That's a good looking collar. Which one is it?

Did you pay $25 for shipping?

6. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

They covered it on my last order when I did pay $25, but have recently changed backed to the old system for Norwegian customers.

7. Bakkerrr

Bakkerrr Active Member

You mean you didn't have to pay for shipping and then got hit with customs?

8. ErikJN

ErikJN Senior member

The new shipping T&Cs only apply to a couple of countries, Norway is one of them. Thing is that instead of the $25 shipping - all duties paid method, we now pay $15 for shipping but are responsible for all duties.

1 person likes this.
  9. afc345

afc345 Senior member

The costs of i.e. one shirt is now the price of the shirt, plus shipping and then 25% vat and toll fees. Would also probably have to pay dhl's criminal toll processing fees as well.

I think the shipping time is slower compared to fedex too.

10. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

I'd be interested in racing green, brick red and wine.

11. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd like to see a really light blue pique, and Khaki.

12. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

The seersucker fabric in action. Absolutely love this shirt. Highly recommended to everyone, even though it is $20 more expensive now.
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. gobbledok

gobbledok New Member

@luxire, do you think you could source a fabric (3/4 wool 1/4 cotton) similar to that used to make replica Browns Beach clothing (that isn't ridiculously expensive)?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If there is sufficient interest, we can get the fabrics made. Making the clothing is relatively straight forward.

I believe the brand is now dead and a few companies are doing some reproductions.

15. submatrix

submatrix Well-Known Member

Looks great, well done! Would also like to know the collar deets.

Also, did you have to specify anything other than length to get a shirt that works untucked? How well does the shirt stay tucked in at this length?

In my future orders I'm thinking of attempting to get shirts that would work both untucked and tucked so I can swap between casual and a little dressier.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

That collar looks amazing. Great roll for a non button down. Details please.

1 person likes this.
  17. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Excellent. If another three, then I'd go with Wine, Racing Green, and medium Grayish Brown. But light gray's not a bad idea, particularly if heathered. I also like Clapy's stripe, if that's possible.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  18. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I know that everyone has preferences, but I think light grey would sell the best of all the colors. I'd personally like to see a pale yellow and a pale pink.

19. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

A very pale blue, like a dress shirt, would be nice.

3 people like this.
  20. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

if I had to guess best sellers, I'd rank crisp white #1, then pale blue and then khaki or white with navy stripes. no agenda.

2 people like this.