• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Does anyone know the measurements of the standard 1738 collar?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a couple of shirts from Luxire yesterday. I think I've found my new main supplier of shirts.

Fantastic collar. I think this is the best BD I've seen on a Luxire shirt. Details please.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know the measurements of the standard 1738 collar?

Collar length is 3.5 inches. What else are you looking for? I have two shirts with them and one should be here on Tuesday. I'll be posting pics hopefully unless my GF thinks it's odd I'm taking pics for strange men on the internet :crackup:

Edit, I posted a picture a few pages back with the 1738 collar but it wasn't the best quality

Last edited:

ddiabolique

Reaction score
For those of you who own the Brembana Navy Chambray, how heavy is it? I love the look of the fabric, but was wondering how suitable it is for spring/summer. I'm looking to get a navy shirt made, but may have to try some kind of linen if this is too heavy.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Collar length is 3.5 inches. What else are you looking for? I have two shirts with them and one should be here on Tuesday. I'll be posting pics hopefully unless my GF thinks it's odd I'm taking pics for strange men on the internet :crackup:

Edit, I posted a picture a few pages back with the 1738 collar but it wasn't the best quality

Thanks for the response. I'm also curious about the collar band height (front and back) and the point to point spread when worn.

And don't worry about your girlfriend. My wife is the same but she has only herself to blame. She's the one who got me interested in dressing nicely.

Me now:

Before we met:

Amcolex

Reaction score
I just got my third shirt from Luxire, a classic blue oxford BD and must say i'm pleased as always. I've been ordering one shirt at a time trying to get my measurement down (I started using body measurements) before committing to larger orders. As of now i'm pretty happy with the overall fit, but wouldn't mind getting some advice from some fellow SF'ers just to make sure its a close to perfect as possible before i start going for some of the better fabrics :).

I tried getting back darts on this shirt to see if it would help remove some of the excess fabric in the back. The only thing I'm thinking changing is to reduce the lower waist by 0.25-0.5 inches. Would any of you guys have additional suggestions? Sorry for the low quality iphone pictures. Also, I wore the shirt all day before taking these pictures (unfortunately) which is a large source of the wrinkles.

Xtra

Reaction score
For those of you who own the Brembana Navy Chambray, how heavy is it? I love the look of the fabric, but was wondering how suitable it is for spring/summer. I'm looking to get a navy shirt made, but may have to try some kind of linen if this is too heavy.

I would say it's too heavy for summertime. In a Norwegian summer I'm guessing the temperature might be from about 15-20 degrees celsius, and I found it too hot last summer.

Spring - again from what kind of temperatures I'm used to, I would say it's OK most days during spring. In conclusion - yes, it's quite heavy.

Last edited:

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say it's too heavy for summertime. In a Norwegian summer I'm guessing the temperature might be from about 15-20 degrees celsius, and I found it too hot last summer.

Spring - again from what kind of temperatures I'm used to, I would say it's OK most days during spring. In conclusion - yes, it's quite heavy.
But is it soft?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@amcolex shirt looks pretty good. Have luxire compensate for your forward shoulders, and maybe reduce the measurement of the sleeve at the elbow. It will reduce some of the puffiness.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Fantastic collar.  I think this is the best BD I've seen on a Luxire shirt.  Details please.  

It's actually their default collar. Pretty close to perfect, could be just a tad longer imho.

ddiabolique

Reaction score

Thanks. My summers are substantially hotter than yours, so it sounds like it would be a bad idea.

Evolve

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Here's my second shirt from Luxire. It fits generally well but I'd like to clean up a few things, especially the wrinkling/pulling in the shoulder area, as circled in red. What kind of adjustments should be made to alleviate this? Any other things to change for my next one? Appreciate the feedback!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics