• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Ha ha, they're in the wash at the moment. But don't worry, pics will appear in the WAYWRN shortly & I'll x-post into here. Maybe even tomorrow, if I can be bothered to do some ironing tonight!

Thank you Holdfast. I must say that you were kind and forgiving given the delay and the last moment intimation about the fabric.

Am glad the shirts were liked.

Out of stock issues happen; no point in getting annoyed by that sort of thing!

Thanks again.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire, any ETA on those flannels you were ordering for the Fall/Winter?

Ain't going too well, am afraid. Still trying though.

I think Luxire was intending to gradually move into bespoke suiting. I know they ve done it for a few people here on the forum already but I don't know how it turned out. I know they are very good at constructing the trousers and I would want a suit with trousers made by them. The jacket is a different matter....I'm waiting to see more exampls first.

Luxire, do you still intend to make suits or has that been put on hold?

Very much in progress, like the one below shipping this week. (cellphone image)

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ain't going too well, am afraid. Still trying though.

:(

Hope you're able to source something. Would be nice to have something between the $90 wool/poly and the $300 Minnis.

BTW, that is definitely the best jacket pic I have seen from you guys. Is it a copy of an existing garment or did the owner just provide measurements?

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:(

Hope you're able to source something. Would be nice to have something between the $90 wool/poly and the $300 Minnis.

BTW, that is definitely the best jacket pic I have seen from you guys. Is it a copy of an existing garment or did the owner just provide measurements?

Big +1...that jacket looks fantastic. I'd love to get something just like that at some point. In fact, I may want to copy that exact jacket, with just the measurement changes to reflect my size.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely. Based on that picture, if I could just take that pattern and provide my own measurements, I'd be pretty happy.

In other words, Luxire, you guys should learn that pattern well. Well enough that you can recreate it without the mother garment there if necessary. Cause that jacket is light years ahead of the other ones I have seen from you guys.

Last edited:

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Count me in as a fan of that jacket! Details please!

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
I'd definitely be interested in ordering odd jackets in the future, providing the quality is sufficient and the price is right. I so far have no proper tailoring in my wardrobe, and as a first acquisition have been searching for the perfect double-breasted navy blazer.

ammanati

Reaction score
A double breasted navy blazer isn't really a first piece to buy. I could think of 5 other coats to buy before hand, starting of course with a single breasted navy blazer.
What would the other 4 be?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads