Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior member

I'm in for a group order that would eventually bring down the value of the JJ Minnis flannel. 300 USD is a tad too much.

[​IMG]

2. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Definitely.

3. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

4 other single breasted coats of course :)

What the other coats are aren't really the point though, the point is if you are new to tailored clothing and have zero tailored clothes, wearing a double breasted coat is going to feel really weird plus it really needs to be done up all the time and and will generally be a lot warmer than a SB in spring/summer that can be worn opened and flap about to let some breeze in. I'll just state that I love DB coats and suits, but I've been wearing tailored clothes for 15 out of my 33 years.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Hmm, I already own flannels in that fabric (Ede MTM). But depending on the price, I might be interested in a second pair as they're very versatile.

OK, OK!

Today; a lightweight linen appropriate for our mini Indian summer here in England:

[​IMG]

I prefer a trim but not slim fit, and provided meaurements from a shirt I like. Luxire executed it just right. I'm leaning back on a chair in the middle pic so there are a few more rumples than if I was standing up (which is actually a good demonstration of why I don't go slimmer than this as it then would start to feel tight in places when not standing still in a robo-pose).

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013

5. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Did you start wearing tailored suits when you were 18? Nice!

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

What fabric is this?

7. kulata

kulata Senior member

Looks very good. What specifications if any did you give for the collar?

8. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

The fit looks nice, but the collar looks a bit off to me. The collar band doesn't seem to work with the roll of the collar if that makes any sense. Maybe the collar buttons need to be a tad lower. I'm not sure.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I think it's http://custom.luxire.com/collections/whites/products/fine-white-linen

I say "think" because they were out of stock of the original fabric I picked, and so just asked them to sub either that one or http://custom.luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/cool-white-linen-cotton instead, depending on whichever they felt in their professional opinion would look best. It feels just like a pure linen rather than a blend, so I'm pretty sure it must be the fine white linen.

If Luxire's reading this, maybe they can confirm for sure.

I just selected the button-down collar and specified:
    - collar point length of 3.5"
    - collar band height of 1.75"
    - tie-space 0.5"

The band height was a goof; it should have been 1.5", but I mismeasured my existing shirt. It's still fine, but does create effect AAS is noting below...

Good eye. I believe it's because, as I mentioned above, I goofed on the collar band height. The extra band height has a knock-on effect on the amount of fabric in the collar itself: it becomes bigger to lie correctly over the higher band. Once that's back to what it should be, the points will still be the same length, but the "steepness" of the change in height between centre-back of the collar and the points changes, and so there'll be a bit less material in the side of the collar.

Keeping the collar points the same length while lowering collar band should also have a knock-on effect in forcing the buttons to be moved down a bit to compensate (I'm assuming this will occur automatically when they adjust the pattern for the band height change).

So the roll will/should appear a bit less "fat" while staying somewhat nice & curvy at the front. At least, that's the case on my old bespoke shirts.

10. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

It's one of mine. I sent in a jacket last year. This is the third jacket made from that pattern. The first was a little too trim, then second was perfect overall. I posted both of those (cotton suits). Just a couple minor details changed for this one, like slightly wider sleeves and smaller buttonholes. Someone asked about the construction. These have all been completely unstructured, since I wanted washable summer jackets.
    I don't know any other company that sells Minnis flannels for anywhere near $300. The fabric alone for a pair of pants is $200, and that doesn't include shipping and customs. Luxire already gets the "trade price," but it isn't as low as we would usually think (certainly not 50% off). With the intensive labor Luxire puts into these and the FedEx shipping included, I don't know how they could get the price much lower, if at all.

11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little preview of today's shipment. Sorry for the shit pics, need to leave for work relatively soon.

Luxire off-white linen pants fit fantastic. And the length is perfect. Needs to be ironed (all of it does, and I don't have time right now).

12. europrep

europrep Senior member

Pants look good from what I can tell. Look forward to additional pics. Let us know which shirt fabrics you like the best. My fabrics have been fairly hit or miss on whether I like them from a touch and wrinkle stand point.

13. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Well it really seems like they are getting that jacket dialed in. Obviously, seeing it on a dummy is way different than seeing it on you, but that looks damn good from that picture.

In regards to the flannel, that's a very fair point. Really, I'd just like there to be an option between the $79 wool-poly mix and the $300 Minnis.

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

This. I like a lot the waistband Luxire does.