• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Zarium

Reaction score
That's correct, neckband height and collar points. This is the same cut as my other shirts minus darting in the back. As a preference, I don't go for that model thin look. So my dress shirts aren't super tight either.
Ah, a 1.75" neckband seems a bit tall. I'm opting for 1.5" instead with a 1.75" collar height.

I really like the fit. It's not model thin (which I don't fancy anyway), but not blousy. A very ideal middle-ground.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM him.
smile.gif

atoms

Reaction score
I think this was meant to my mate, Beatlegeuse
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

I think you got the measurements absolutely perfect, those shirts look nice!
Whoops, my apologies. I didn't notice there are multiple beetles of juice in these parts!

Zarium, what height are your current shirt necks? 1/4" makes a pretty big difference in either direction. Too short and one risks a juvenile fit. Better to lean towards a taller collar imho, so long as the collar points aren't ridiculous. But it is personal preference.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a NOBD collar question too. Does either the NOBD collars #1 or #2 use collar stays?

The shirts I have from Luxire have spots for collar stays, and even came with some nice steel ones, but I never wear them. Looks like NOBD is not, either.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I never use them, in any shirt. But both collars have spots for them.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire- I think you guys should do a gallery of all the shirts you make so that people have a better image of what a fabric and collar style would look like

Cannot agree more. We do photograph a lot of the shirts but they just await being posted to the site.Will try to create a better process for the same.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
An announcement:

Now, the complete collection of Dormeuil fabrics can be ordered through us to be made into wonderful clothing.

Zarium

Reaction score
Zarium, what height are your current shirt necks? 1/4" makes a pretty big difference in either direction. Too short and one risks a juvenile fit. Better to lean towards a taller collar imho, so long as the collar points aren't ridiculous. But it is personal preference.
All but one of my Luxire shirts have 1.5" neckbands. The other has a 1.75", which is way too big. Just so there's no confusion, we're talking about the neckband height here, yes? Not the collar height?

I agree -- I think a taller collar/neckband looks better too. Although a shorter collar/neckband is more comfortable, I don't think there's too significant a trade off if you don't overdo it.

Spurious

Reaction score
And yet another question (sorry):
When you measure the pants off an existing pair, for waist and half hips measurement, do you go all the way around? It isnt quite clear from the picture.
Thanks

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://luxire.com/pages/pant-measurements

How is this not clear?

Waist:

Half Hip:

You're not going all the way around, that would be full hip and full waist.

Sorry for being rude but there's SO MANY QUESTIONS lately that could be looked up or sent directly to Luxire.

zeBanker

Reaction score
Cannot agree more. We do photograph a lot of the shirts but they just await being posted to the site.Will try to create a better process for the same.
You could ask the customers, wether they would want to give you a photo of them wearing the shirt, for a very little discount (let's say $5-10), in order to use it on your site as an example picture ;)

Wade

Reaction score
Pretty sure they have a mannequin
But I was originally referring to a folded up shirt ready to be shipped. That alone would be good enough for me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads