Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. althanis

althanis Senior member

Nice shirts man, and nice beard.

2. atoms

atoms Senior member

I'll see about replying tomorrow, maybe I'll take it for a spin for work.

althanis, thank you for being gentle.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

4. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

agree that real life pictures would help a lot more than a simple swatch. doesnt give perspective as much

5. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

atoms, I think those shirts fit you nicely. They don't look nearly as tight as plenty of other shirts I've seen in this thread. Seems to be a very comfortable, relaxed fit that isn't blousy. I'd probably strive for a similar fit in my next order too.

A few questions: when you mentioned 1.75" height instead of their standard 2" height, are you referring to the collar height or neckband height? And I assume "front edge" of 3" means the collar points?

I have a small frame with 16" shoulders too, so I can relate.

6. Turner

Turner Senior member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013

7. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Ok, since I'll be ordering only a single shirt to get the fit right, I want to order a chino as well.
    I need a recommendation for a fabric that can be worn year round.

Thanks

8. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

I ordered another pair of trousers yesterday. As all measurments work very well I went for a better fabric, linen by Dugdale. I don't own any summer pants so this will be my first pair. No belt loops, instead side adjusters. Double pleat and 1.50'' cuffs.
    This is the fabric: http://luxire.com/products/dugdale_linen_beige_plain. Hopefully, we'll see some sun in London next month.

9. atoms

atoms Senior member

That's correct, neckband height and collar points. This is the same cut as my other shirts minus darting in the back. As a preference, I don't go for that model thin look. So my dress shirts aren't super tight either.

10. atoms

atoms Senior member

Here's the cool white linen in indirect warm morning light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. atoms

atoms Senior member

Betelgeuse, I don't want to give you a false impression. I work in software so business casual for me means sometimes being one of the better dressed people in the building. But I will still offer my opinion as you asked. With the way I structured the shirt, I would have a hard time wearing it with anything but jeans or bright colored summer weight pants. In either case, it screams casual. I included the close up texture photo so you can get a better sense. If business casual for you means the ability to dress down your pants like that, then I think you'll like it. I'm going to be a wrinkled mess in but an hour.

12. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

How's the cool white cotton/linen blend feel in softness and comfort compared to their 100% linen? I've never found a 100% linen that offered a huge advantage over cotton/linen in terms of breathability vs. the trade-off in softness and comfort. It seems Luxire primarily carries 100% linen.

13. coolron

coolron Senior member

I'm really liking that outfit atoms, excellent choice.

14. atoms

atoms Senior member

It's not extreme, but quite apparent. I could tell when initially trying them all on pre-wash that the white was going to be most comfortable. However, that's not to say the linen of the other two isn't also nice. But there is a difference. If I remember, I'll post something back after I've worn each. I own other linen shirts but don't have extensive experience with them. Consider my opinions not well informed due to lack of experience.

15. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

I only have a couple of linen and linen/cotton pieces myself. I know with cotton there's definitely a noticeable different between "regular" cotton vs. a premium cotton like Egyptian/Sea Island. Not sure if there's a huge difference with "regular" vs. premium linens. I do find the other drawback of 100% linen is very poor wicking capabilities for inevitable sweaty days. Not that cotton is great, but it's definitely better.