1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

It's one of mine. I sent in a jacket last year. This is the third jacket made from that pattern. The first was a little too trim, then second was perfect overall. I posted both of those (cotton suits). Just a couple minor details changed for this one, like slightly wider sleeves and smaller buttonholes. Someone asked about the construction. These have all been completely unstructured, since I wanted washable summer jackets.
    I don't know any other company that sells Minnis flannels for anywhere near $300. The fabric alone for a pair of pants is $200, and that doesn't include shipping and customs. Luxire already gets the "trade price," but it isn't as low as we would usually think (certainly not 50% off). With the intensive labor Luxire puts into these and the FedEx shipping included, I don't know how they could get the price much lower, if at all.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little preview of today's shipment. Sorry for the shit pics, need to leave for work relatively soon.

Luxire off-white linen pants fit fantastic. And the length is perfect. Needs to be ironed (all of it does, and I don't have time right now).

5 people like this.
  3. europrep

europrep Senior member

Pants look good from what I can tell. Look forward to additional pics. Let us know which shirt fabrics you like the best. My fabrics have been fairly hit or miss on whether I like them from a touch and wrinkle stand point.

4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Well it really seems like they are getting that jacket dialed in. Obviously, seeing it on a dummy is way different than seeing it on you, but that looks damn good from that picture.

In regards to the flannel, that's a very fair point. Really, I'd just like there to be an option between the $79 wool-poly mix and the $300 Minnis.

5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

This. I like a lot the waistband Luxire does.

6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Me too. The one thing I love is the ample belt loops. Pants are ruined by too few, in my mind.

I added some length to the sleeves since they didn't fully reach where I wanted. Added darts.. that's really it. Some of those shirts are repost but I posted them again since they finally fit. [​IMG]

Up to four linen or linen/cotton shirts from Luxire!!

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Let us know how the linen/ linen-cotton are, and which you got. I've been wondering if they are too see-through. And how wrinkle prone they are as well.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

emptym - thanks for the info on the jacket, I was the one that asked about the construction...definitely interested to hear how you like it. I've been looking for something just like that for about three years now with no luck. If Luxire is getting better, I might have them make me one.

jester - new stuff looks great so far, and I agree about the belt loops, I like to have a lot on my pants and asked for 8 loops on my order.

Seems like everyone that ordered around the same time as me (July 25) or even after me, has gotten their stuff by now. I'm trying to be patient, but checking this thread daily makes that difficult when I see everyone else's new stuff! It's been 6 weeks now for me, more than double the original estimate. I emailed them yesterday to see if they can give me an estimate on when my stuff might ship, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

9. europrep

europrep Senior member

10. timotune

timotune Senior member

Why would you choose a plai ln grey fabric for a sportscoat? Lurk more.

3 people like this.
  11. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

I'm in the same boat - not enthusiastic about the poly blend, but not willing to shell out $300 for pants at this point.
    I seem to recall that someone got a pair of trousers out of dugdale flannel from luxire, for more like $200 or $250. It might be worth asking luxire if that's still an option.

12. europrep

europrep Senior member

13. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

You can't credibly call any of this stuff an 'investment' but I think Minnis is worth a bit of a premium. It is lovely stuff and, for flannel, quite hardwearing.

Flannel in particular is really bad when it's not done well. You don't want something too spongy that will lose its shape quickly.

3 people like this.
  14. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior member

I have a PoW fabric I bought from Tip Top Fabrics in Brooklyn last month and would like Luxire to make a copy of a suit for me, except some details on the pants where I'll ask for some more details.

Do you know how that is priced? I didn't see anyone connected on the Luxire chat today.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

IMO a plain grey hopsack won't have quite enough texture IRL to make it interesting enough to wear as an odd jacket. The only solid color I would wear as a jacket in a hopsack would be plain navy, or maybe another shade of blue. The 2nd fabric you picked above, the grey tweed, is a much better option for an odd jacket compared to the hopsack.

16. europrep

europrep Senior member

^ I appreciate your comments. I do own a blue hopsack which I wear a lot. The tweed could be a good alternative so as not to have too much hopsack.

17. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

18. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Likewise on the navy hopsack. I've been waiting to order a navy blazer and tan / grey trouser set in Dugdale (Minnis if my budget allows it.) until there are better examples of structured jackets available.

19. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

How the hell do I fix this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I specified this problem (forward-rolling shoulders) when ordering. I can't be sure whether anything was done about it when the shirt was made. Can a problem like this be solved with shirtmaking, or do I simply have to live with my posture? Perhaps if the armhole was cut further forward? I always get tightness at the front of the armhole and sag at the back.

The armhole is currently perfectly centered on the side seam, with the two halves sitting on top of each other when the shirt's laid flat. What if I was to shift it forwards, so as to deepen the front and shallow the back:
    [​IMG]

No need for anyone to address the other problems with the shirt—the collar, though made to my specs, is a bit off for what I want (a bit tight, too spread and too much tie space) and the left sleeve is missing its gauntlet button and buttonhole (QC!).

20. topos

topos Senior member

not everyone . . . we're in the same boat. i emailed a couple of days ago for the first time and was told my stuff was ready tuesday. the wait times don't really bother me, though i seem to be in the minority. unrelated: i also quite like that jacket that everyone else seems crazy about.