• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We pre-wash all fabrics before making the garment.
Then, clothing that are prone to shrinking are washed again before the bottom is hemmed.

Thus, shrinkage in minimum after they are delivered.

monkk

Reaction score
@luxire, could you prepare mashup of Genoa fabrics (lighter ones, khaki, beige, etc) next to each other that could be easier to compare colors?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I run very warm as well. Thanks for the insight, it sounds like I should look elsewhere.

Do you have any lightweight favorites you've purchased from Luxire?

This is the other fabric I was leaning towards.

The military green linen was ok, but most linens I’ve tried have been very heavy. Not like the ones found in most tailoring books, more like upholstery linens. I’m about to try their dugdale linen and see if they can acquire some from the bigger mills too.

I tend to avoid too lightweight fabrics in general due to durability and drape. I recently tried both minnis 3-ply and VBC 4-ply. Heavy but breathable, quite nice.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the shrinkage on these linen cotton canvas fabrics (presuming you machine wash)? Would I be ok for a pair of casual chinos to order normal sizes unhemmed, then hem after a few washes or will they be uncomfortable tight (after cold water wash shrinkage) in hips/thighs?

Has anyone been bold enough to throw in dryer on low heat?
I never put them in the dryer, but in general shrinkage has been very minimal to me. Among the smallest of all the fabrics I’ve tried.

Gwarg

Reaction score
If anyone has seen the navy linen cotton canvas could they please comment on how the colour looks in person? It seems like it might be lighter than navy judging by the photo:

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has seen the navy linen cotton canvas could they please comment on how the colour looks in person? It seems like it might be lighter than navy judging by the photo:

#/[/URL]
I’d say luxires pictures are quite accurate. They also fade with wash and wear, which looks good in my eyes, but not if you want a pristine pair of navy cotton slacks.
First two pics from mid September 2021, last from two weeks ago, for reference.
86C9E263-72D8-43D2-A0F3-1B24178FD90B.jpeg 92081669-72BA-4CF3-8B59-1AA56B48F0F8.jpeg
C2EE6FA4-55A8-440E-9E37-C6458593FE05.jpeg
9D5E3034-EDE9-471F-9D31-43C38DC7FC4B.jpeg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Bersabee

Reaction score
I'm partial to that darker brown 18056, can't wait till that is restocked. Have finger on the trigger for a sportcoat as soon as it is restocked.
Please post pics if you do get a sport coat. I saw a suit at suitsupply with a similar fabric as 18055 which I fell in love with. Unfortunately, I can't fit in their suits. Hence I've been searching for a similar fabric to get a suit made by luxire.

star656

Reaction score
Please post pics if you do get a sport coat. I saw a suit at suitsupply with a similar fabric as 18055 which I fell in love with. Unfortunately, I can't fit in their suits. Hence I've been searching for a similar fabric to get a suit made by luxire.
Certainly. I have posted below three (admittedly terrible) photos from a recent trip of the 'navy' 4-ply fabric in sport coat guise, I don't know exactly what is the Draper's code. Outdoors photo was a cloudy day.

The 4-ply is obviously an excellent travel fabric. Appears somewhat 'flat' and monochromatic in the photos, but personally I love it. Typically I'd want something more obviously textured for a sport coat but I'm not a particularly creative dresser and I think the texture works just fine.

Attachments

• 0608221915a.jpg
    0608221915a.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 0610221636a.jpg
    0610221636a.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 0610220714.jpg
    0610220714.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 188

star656

Reaction score
Nice. I assume this was a Luxire creation, no?
Yes. It's taken a few iterations but I've nailed down a jacket pattern that I enjoy wearing.

Luxires ability to lower buttoning point/stance and tighten neck with an asymmetric lateral posture made all the difference for me vs other mtm brands.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Luxires ability to lower buttoning point/stance and tighten neck with an asymmetric lateral posture made all the difference for me vs other mtm brands.

Thanks for the information. I've just got my first try from luxire on a suit jacket. The fit came out quite good for a first iteration, but there's bubbling of fabric over the chest canvas, so I'm having that fixed.

Fortunately, I'm pretty symmetrical so they had it easy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads