• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Bersabee

Reaction score
I don't think we have it, but a few similar ones are here.
Is it this one? Seems eerily similar.

boot_owl

Reaction score

I think this pattern is a bit smaller. If it were the size of the earlier photo I'd be on it in an instant.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

I need to replace my very first MTM shirt from you (Feb 2017), a blue uni-stripe OCBD. I got some corrosive substance on the front and it developed a few holes. It's now been relegated to under-sweater duty.

I see you have quite a few blue uni-stripe options; can you recommend your thickest/heaviest fabric?
This one is heavy and really nice

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Frog pockets, metal side adjusters, extra long extended closure with 2 horn buttons, sharp crease and cuffs - All brought together in a cool linen-cotton fabric

49961 (4) copy.JPG

49961 (3) copy.JPG

49961 (2) copy.JPG

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is heavy and really nice
@luxire What's the weight (gsm/oz) on the White Dress Stripes on Blue Oxford? Wondering whether I should get it made unlined or with a light lining.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire What's the weight (gsm/oz) on the White Dress Stripes on Blue Oxford? Wondering whether I should get it made unlined or with a light lining.

It is among our heavier oxfords, 5 Oz weight.

star656

Reaction score

Not sure if this is actually in stock - if you go to the 'jackets' quick link on the top bar of the luxire page it shows that fabric as out of stock, but you can still click on it through that direct link.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
@luxire Some lovely pleated trousers there.

I assume if we'd like to add pleats to an existing flat front block, the half hip is kept the same and the extra fabric added in by default? For example, for 3/4" main + 1/2" side pleat, 5" would be added on the front half hip?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Some lovely pleated trousers there.

I assume if we'd like to add pleats to an existing flat front block, the half hip is kept the same and the extra fabric added in by default? For example, for 3/4" main + 1/2" side pleat, 5" would be added on the front half hip?
We measure the half hip with the pleats folded. So technically, the half hip measurement does not increase. All the increase is under the folds.
For exact changes that will happen on your pattern, it may be a good idea to send us an email.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one was mine! A fantastic textured canvas that breathes extremely well. A re-make for me in a slightly looser, more comfortable pattern!
Sounds very nice. Does it keep a nice crease too?

star656

Reaction score
Sounds very nice. Does it keep a nice crease too?
I use it as a casual flat front trouser that is machine washed (I ordered it unhemmed). I think it holds a crease as well as any other casual cotton slightly textured trouser, but I tend to find almost all cottons hold crease well when strongly ironed (in my opinion).

It is a great lighter shade of green/olive but not too light. Works great with gray/blue/light blue/pink/white/navy shirts and polos. I often wear mine rolled up with loafers/boat shoes.

It feels like an odd fabric initially, but breathes very well and handles stains/washing/abuse well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads