• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The funny thing regarding wedgie is that I have sent a pair of bespoke trousers for replication which didn't have wedgie at all. And the replicated trousers had wedgie. I've sent them back for alterations, but once again, even after alterations the wedgie is still present.

Did you happen to ask for any changes on the sample you had sent? I ask because the replication service have been working almost flawless for quite some time now.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Less than 1% customers who get pants made complain about wedgies.

If you see "wedgie", get it solved. The things you need to do with your next order are:

Decrease the inseam at crotch: If you get a feeling that the pants are wearing too high at the crotch, do this.
Also, increasing the backrise at crotch and "scooping" the seat area help in getting rid of the wedgie.

You can also send email and our fit experts can advise you.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Less than 1% customers who get pants made complain about wedgies.

If you see "wedgie", get it solved. The things you need to do with your next order are:

Decrease the inseam at crotch: If you get a feeling that the pants are wearing too high at the crotch, do this.
Also, increasing the backrise at crotch and "scooping" the seat area help in getting rid of the wedgie.

You can also send email and our fit experts can advise you.

I'm going to disagree on the 1% number as the wedgie is common for the posters in this thread. That said, I agree that Luxire is better now at fixing the wedgie.

After spinning my wheels and having my pants fit get worse and worse as I kept following Luxire's directions, I decided this Spring to go back to the beginning and start over. Luxire advised that they had changed their views on trouser fit and recommended some modifications that we had never tried before plus the ones in the quote above. They have worked to mitigate the wedgie effect. It's not 100% fixed yet, but we're definitely getting closer.

This may not be true for everyone, but I also discovered that one of the causes of the wedgie for me was the pants being too slim at the knee level and catching on my large calves, which contributed to the bunching in the seat. This was self-diagnosed by me (not Luxire) after talking with a tailor that I respect, but the pants drape much better and the bunching is significantly less since I widened at the knees.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going to disagree on the 1% number as the wedgie is common for the posters in this thread. That said, I agree that Luxire is better now at fixing the wedgie.

After spinning my wheels and having my pants fit get worse and worse as I kept following Luxire's directions, I decided this Spring to go back to the beginning and start over. Luxire advised that they had changed their views on trouser fit and recommended some modifications that we had never tried before plus the ones in the quote above. They have worked to mitigate the wedgie effect. It's not 100% fixed yet, but we're definitely getting closer.

This may not be true for everyone, but I also discovered that one of the causes of the wedgie for me was the pants being too slim at the knee level and catching on my large calves, which contributed to the bunching in the seat. This was self-diagnosed by me (not Luxire) after talking with a tailor that I respect, but the pants drape much better and the bunching is significantly less since I widened at the knees.

We have a deadlock :)

But we can resolve this quite easily. You count the number of people here who complain of wedgies while I get to the data of number of pants we make.

I have been the first to accept any issues there may be in our garments. Same was for wedgie too. But, that issue, from a technical point-of-view, no longer exists.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I do not doubt that there have been issues with trouser seat fit, I must say that I am surprised this has also happened with trousers sent in for replication. As one more data point, I had a pair of trousers replicated a few years ago with zero changes requested and it was done without any discernible change in fit.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think I posted the same feedback a few months ago, but....Ashish can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the fix was found when I sent in a pair replicated with the original to be re-evaluated after I had similar issues. They were able to find what was overlooked and have since accounted for it going forward. I can personally say that ever since that change was made, I've had nothing but great results. That said, I doubt all "wedgie" issues are the same and one fix isn't going to do it for everyone. I've found if you're patient and you work with Ashish's team, they will fix whatever issue you may be having sooner than later. Anyone who expects an absolute perfect fit or replication the first go round is really setting themselves up for dissapointment. I'm not saying Luxire isn't capable of doing that, but as with most online MTM, it takes a couple tries. I do know that when it's dialed in, you can expect the same every pair after...and that's not always the case with a lot of MTM out there. Just my two pence.

I can't seem to find the before (it was messy), but here's a picture of my new pair worn today...nice and clean. You know, if you're into looking at pictures of clean trouser rears ;)

IMG_2903.JPG

Last edited:

J T Fuentes

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your replies, it's very much appreciated!

@Andy_00 I feel like this perfectly describes my issue, it looks to be the actual pattern shape of the crotch line or seat, which is a V versus other trousers of a more U shape.

@luxire Thanks for the input and I have contacted the Luxire team previously for advice.
What was surprising with the trousers I had replicated was that I did in fact actual request both of your suggestions for the the trousers which were to be replicated (just to be sure I'd have enough room, those being to reduce the inseam and increase the rise both front & and back at the crotch; yet still the same issue.

I am by no means a tailor, but is there a significant reason why this "wedgie effect" would be occurring more so while seated only?

I do feel a lot of this issue has to do with the curve of the seat and not allowing enough room.

Andy_00

Reaction score
It's probably right that this seat fit issue isn't the same for everyone. My guess is that Luxire has resolved the issue for some customers - maybe particularly those who are more amply proportioned at the rear - by scooping out the seat and deepening the crotch in their default pattern. Unfortunately I have what tailor's call a 'flat seat' and this 'V' shape really doesn't work for me. Initial advice from Luxire to resolve my problem was to reduce inseam but that would have just made matters worse I think by further deepening the crotch - hence why I am following the replication route. Hopefully this will extend to closely conforming to the pattern in this area.

J T Fuentes - you ask why you get the problem when sitting. In my case, the issue appears to be with insufficient room from back to front (and no horizontal shape under the crotch allowing space to created by lessing out the seam at the fork). The results of this are that the pants are fine when standing upright. However, the 'back to front' length is needed when sitting, so when I do go to sit the trousers pull tightly at the crotch and the rear waistband is pulled down as well. The same effect is noticed when walking as the pants pull from the crotch to the outer thigh and restrict movement. I diagnosed the pattern issue (which my still be incorrect until experience tells me otherwise) by laying some pants on their side and measuring the distance from the bottom of the fly to the rear seam at the same height. The Luxire pants had a distance much shorter than any of my other pants.

winghus

Reaction score
Regarding the seat issues: As a rule, people who are happy with their product seldom go on a forum to say so. People who are unhappy with their product often go on a forum to complain about it. People who post here are generally more likely to praise as well as complain but in the non-SF crowd it's more likely a much higher percentage of people with problems who do so.

a1s2d3

Reaction score
Did you happen to ask for any changes on the sample you had sent? I ask because the replication service have been working almost flawless for quite some time now.

True, I sent in a pair for replication and the results were a pant that is exactly the same in all dimensions as the sent in pair. It would save much time to find a pair of pants you like first or buy a cheap pair and have it tailored till it fits correctly and replicate it instead of adding and subtracting inches from random places and hoping it will come out properly.

a1s2d3

Reaction score
While I do not doubt that there have been issues with trouser seat fit, I must say that I am surprised this has also happened with trousers sent in for replication. As one more data point, I had a pair of trousers replicated a few years ago with zero changes requested and it was done without any discernible change in fit.
I do not believe it is an issue for trousers sent in for replica without changes in dimension; those come out as exact replicas, it is the changes that people themselves ask to be made to the replicated pair that ruin them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads