• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
#21962_3.jpg
#21962_4.jpg

Warm and cozy pair of trousers in Mid Grey Wool Flannel 100% Wool.

Features: Single reverse pleat, Slant front pockets, High waistband, with two button extended closure.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
#22266_1 D47622SE.jpg

#22266_2 D47622SE.jpg

A definite wardrobe upgrade with these casual pair of jeans in 15oz Raw dark indigo with visible selvedge.

Features: Jeans style pockets with Rivets and coin pocket, button style front closure, selvedge at coin pocket

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your replies, it's very much appreciated!

@luxire Thanks for the input and I have contacted the Luxire team previously for advice.
What was surprising with the trousers I had replicated was that I did in fact actual request both of your suggestions for the the trousers which were to be replicated (just to be sure I'd have enough room, those being to reduce the inseam and increase the rise both front & and back at the crotch; yet still the same issue.

I am by no means a tailor, but is there a significant reason why this "wedgie effect" would be occurring more so while seated only?

I do feel a lot of this issue has to do with the curve of the seat and not allowing enough room.

Do send us an email and we can review your images again. The image based diagnostic works quite well but has its limitations. Can check if something was missed.
---------------------------------------
Customers often change measurement while measuring a garment based on the issue they see. Often, these end up with unexpected results.
One such error is of reducing the thigh. There is some correlation between the back-rise and thigh measurement.

Another big issue we see is of pants being tight at the calf. The causes the pant's leg to suddenly curve backwards from just under the knee, causing drag lines behind the lower thigh.

To solve this, we have started making the pants legs curved, like used to be done about a century ago. It is a complex technique and works wonders on wool, linen pants. Does not work on cotton though.

JIMB

Reaction score
So I had my test pair altered by the tailor / twins (Pinnas and Needles) and here are the results:

View attachment 835891
View attachment 835890

I have to say they are easily the best fitting and quality trousers I own.

The fabric is mid grey Dugdale fine worsted wool.

Thoughts?

They look good to me, and you answered the most important question: how do you feel about them?

If you want fit feedback, I recommend taking front, side, and rear photos. The back is the hardest to get right, and the least often examined by the wearer. You can check Murl's photo or UrbanComp's recent article for comparison.

il vecchio

Reaction score
I hope our friends at Luxire are not too badly affected by weather conditions in
Bangalore. Some customers are concerned on your behalf.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to send in my best fitting pair of jeans to have replicated. Anyone have any fabric choice recommendations for something on the lighter weight (not 15 oz.) Of the denim options, a dark indigo, not a grey or a black? Looks like there are several choices at the 79 and 99 USD price points. Any other tips appreciated.

I assume I can send a pair and tell Luxire that this is a shrunk but stretched pair and they can adjust measurements to to account for shrinkage?

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
I prefer pockets on seam to slant when I go for double pleats, I always choose forward, though from what I can tell with reverse I feel the same on pocket placement.

emptym

Reaction score
I hope our friends at Luxire are not too badly affected by weather conditions in
+1 Wow, I didn't know they'd gotten so much rain.

thatitalian

Reaction score
Finally got my second pair of trousers. The fit is very nearly there.

I have to say I was very impressed with this pair.

I also ordered a indigo chambray popover shirt. Quality is great, and that roll...

IMG_8663.JPG

IMG_8696.JPG

IMG_8759.JPG

It definitely needs adjusting though, especially around the hips which is causing it to ride up a bit, but as a first go it was pretty good.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks mate. All well here. It has not been too bad for us, I guess due to the prayers of all our well-meaning customers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads