• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire Signature_Denim Custom Jeans

Jeans in cool style details with printed pocket lining.

Features: Jeans style pockets with rivets, customized pocket on the right leg with all-over contrast thread stitching.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
Last edited:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LuxireStudio Could you post the collar dimensions on the Italian spread collar above. I haven't seen that one before and looks most like what I am after (but have failed to get with a few attempts). Thanks

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire <-> Drapers now work together.

We will be adding some of their fabrics to our website in the near future. If there is something of interest, do let us know.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire <-> Drapers now work together.

We will be adding some of their fabrics to our website in the near future. If there is something of interest, do let us know.
Ah yes I've been e-mailing Luxire requesting this! Another example of Luxire really being a customer-friendly and flexible company. Thank you!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Drapers, Lady San Felice Flannel book, cloth #8648

Nice work.  Access to scabal? E Thomas?

We work very closely with EThomas and have some of their items on our website.

We also have access to Scabal if you need anything. We do not intend to add many of their fabrics though in the near future.

BespokeBeirut

Reaction score
Fit shots and comments on a new safari jacket:

The fabric, a 9 oz. cream linen is remarkable. It has presence and heft, and although I've worn it only once, I get the sense the heavier linen will not crease as hopelessly as a lighter, crisper fabric. (See Luxire's own studio photo of the jacket here.) The fabric is not part of the standard safrai jacket offerings (which are 6-7 ounces), which is part of the flexibility that makes Luxire great.

The fit is surprisingly good all-around for online MTM. Shoulders, chest, and neck are spot on, and the armholes are cut high. What's odd is the misses in unusual places. The "medium length," as measured according Luxire's specs led to a jacket that's a full two inches longer than what I'm used to. This may be a matter of style, and granted, I did provide the measurement, but it was unexpected. The cuffs are only slightly larger than shirtcuffs, so I have to unbutton them to slide my hands through and put the jacket on. The forearms are very uncomfortably tight when I flex at the elbow, so a wider-cut sleeves with more shirring would be warranted.

The styling of a jacket like this is a matter of personal taste. I asked for a reproduction of the Armoury X Ascot Chang safari jacket (mainly the collar style), and this is faithful to it. Stylistically, my only change would be to give the pockets deeper pleats so they have a bit more room to expand.

Miscellaneous: The internal drawstring (in my view a useful way to avoid the colonial overtones of a belt) is horrible. It's the cheap kind that comes in a gym bag, and it doesn't really work. I knotted it on each end, so it provides some service. I didn't specify what kind of drawstring I'd like, but I never envisioned this would be the stock option. The cheap plastic fobs dangle outside the jacket. The buttonholes and stitching are of disappointing quality. I'd expected some hand work, given the price ($450!). Under the collar, the machine stitching actually runs off the seam in a crooked line (see below). The hidden placket is only lightly tacked, and clearly won't stand much heavy use. In fact, one of the tacks had already ripped apart by the time I received the jacket. Compared to the handwork, stitching, buttonholes, and tacks of Luxire pants, this is a major disappointment, especially considering this is essentially a heavy, expensive shirt.

Here are some photos. I'd be happy to hear the SF thinks!

In use (Cairo):

Wayward stitching under the collar:

The drawstring:

The placket and the ripped tack:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt