• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for oxfords in Toronto

delamarche

Reaction score
I've searched the boards with the builtin search and with Google, and I've also looked in the stickied shoe-related threads, but haven't found a good answer to this question. So, I'm finally posting instead of just browsing around and reading what others have to say

I've been meaning to buy a proper pair of black oxfords for a while now, but there is occasion that will demand it rather soon. And here I am stuck in Toronto instead of somewhere perhaps a bit more appropriate for such a quest.

I've budgeted up to $500 for this, because these are going to be keepers
Does anyone out there have any recommendations for stores in Toronto or the GTA where they've had good luck before?

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delamarche
I a proper pair of black oxfords

I don't know what you're exactly looking for in a pair of oxfords, but with that budget I think your selection is limited to Allen Edmonds, which are available in upscale menswear stores such as Harry Rosen. If you choose to shop online, you have more choices.

literasyme

Reaction score
Also check out Dack's in BCE Place. Conservative, but decent, English-made quality.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For that price, you're better off figuring out your size and buying C&J's from PLAL

delamarche

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!

If the budget was increased to whatever number seems interesting to you, would that change/increase the places that any of you would suggest?

And for online stores, I suppose the best place to look for recommendations would be the stickied thread on shoes in this forum, yes?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40