• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Alteration Blues

jonny2box

Reaction score
Al the tailor in Plaza Pointe-Claire is very good. He runs a small shop with his daughter and another seamstress. I used his services for the eight years that I lived in the WI. Also the seamstresses at the “Singer“ repair shop in DDO (Blue Haven strip mall next to Menchies) are all very good but Cristina is the best. I’ve used them for shortening sleeves, waist supression, and tapering pants.
Thanks for the local recommendations ! >> incidentally my partner took a pair of curtains to the alterations place in Plaza Pointe Claire and one curtain came back about 3" longer than the other one. It looked kind of ridiculous on the window. We thought if they can't get something that simple right, then I wouldn't quite trust them with a pair of pants or a shirt. But maybe just an 'off' day. Good to know they have been known to do quality work. I must really have the worst luck with tailors and alterations.

jonny2box

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up.
I Brough the pants to another tailor who specializes in reweaving fabric and fixing holes in garments. He was going to have a go at fixing the little holes for around 40$. Not bad. I then took his quote to the tailors who botched the hem job and without hesitating, after I explained these PT01 pants were a 'special' purchase and I was disappointed they got damaged, they offered to reimburse me for the cost of the pants. They said the damage is minor, so I could keep the pants and wear them on the weekends or for grocery shopping, but they understood the damage was a mistake and not up to the standard that they aspire to. She apologized and said she must have been in a rush to pick the stitches out and acknowledged it was her who did the damage. So that's the way this issue got resolved. Just thought I should post back and let everyone who reads this know the outcome.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up.
I Brough the pants to another tailor who specializes in reweaving fabric and fixing holes in garments. He was going to have a go at fixing the little holes for around 40$. Not bad. I then took his quote to the tailors who botched the hem job and without hesitating, after I explained these PT01 pants were a 'special' purchase and I was disappointed they got damaged, they offered to reimburse me for the cost of the pants. They said the damage is minor, so I could keep the pants and wear them on the weekends or for grocery shopping, but they understood the damage was a mistake and not up to the standard that they aspire to. She apologized and said she must have been in a rush to pick the stitches out and acknowledged it was her who did the damage. So that's the way this issue got resolved. Just thought I should post back and let everyone who reads this know the outcome.
Glad it worked out well in the end and thanks for letting us know how it turned out. I think it never hurts to give honest and calm feedback to people when they mess up. Most people are honest and willing to take responsibility for mistakes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.