• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Last season of Entourage

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus what an awful episode. Bobby Flay shouldn't speak more than a line anymore. Sloane is getting a little chubby in the face. Seriously, Vince shoots a video of women he's fucked saying how cool a guy he really is and the "smart" journo eats it up? Ari's wife is soooo hot for a mom of two. The scene with Ari in the conference room was pretty cool. Still watchable but yikes that was bad.

PS - what the **** was with Drama's line "So funny I forgot to laugh?". I was stunned it was written, shot and aired or about 3 minutes.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the only reason anyone is watching is to look for some closure. I really doubt we'll get it. Hopefully a movie does close the story.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jesus what an awful episode. Bobby Flay shouldn't speak more than a line anymore. Sloane is getting a little chubby in the face. Seriously, Vince shoots a video of women he's fucked saying how cool a guy he really is and the "smart" journo eats it up? Ari's wife is soooo hot for a mom of two. The scene with Ari in the conference room was pretty cool. Still watchable but yikes that was bad.

PS - what the **** was with Drama's line "So funny I forgot to laugh?". I was stunned it was written, shot and aired or about 3 minutes

Why were you so stunned? It's Johnny Drama...

Monaco

Reaction score

PS - what the **** was with Drama's line "So funny I forgot to laugh?". I was stunned it was written, shot and aired or about 3 minutes.

I wasn't stunned at all, he WOULD say something like that, I'm glad they wrote his lines that way because that is his character.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wasn't stunned at all, he WOULD say something like that, I'm glad they wrote his lines that way because that is his character.

Exactly.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This show is always watchable. Hasn't been good in years but always watchable. Don't know why people are suddenly expecting an enlightening experience...

+1, I enjoyed watching the last few episodes even if it is a total fantasy.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eh, not really. It's just really, really bad writing.

This season, Drama also compared himself to the guy that does the voice for Homer Simpson. Drama has been in the business for half of his life, yet somehow he doesn't understand that he isn't getting paid as much as the guy who does the voice for the most famous character ever created, on the best show ever created. His character was not this stupid in the beginning. He's become so overwritten and obnoxious I would have rather they dropped him from the show a couple of seasons ago than have to listen to his lines.

With a handful of episodes to go (in the final season), they include a filler episode about a drug test where - literally - NOTHING at all happened in the story line. He passed the drug test, so it had no bearing on the future. The lame fake penis joke at the end didn't help. I guess I've just come to realization that the last few seasons have been so bad, I probably won't describe the show in the future as "a good show". I was hoping they'd turn things around this season, but it has been unexpectedly bad.

It's basically Melrose Place/90210 at this point.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I think it was the 1st episode of the season, oh god was it stupid how Drama was running crazy all over the house looking for any trace of alcohol.

And then turtle burns the house? What is the point? They live in a hotel now?

I gave up a couple of episodes ago. Last season is when this started to go stupid with the Appreciation star gf.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ I think it was the 1st episode of the season, oh god was it stupid how Drama was running crazy all over the house looking for any trace of alcohol.

I gave up a couple of episodes ago. Last season is when this started to go stupid with the Appreciation star gf.

Yeah, all good points and more examples of poor writing.

All shows have their glory days. Virtually ever show I've ever invested time into has always been better in the beginning. The Simpsons and The Sopranos come to mind - although The Sopranos is a better comparison because it has a continuing story line, as does Entourage. Even though I didn't like the last season as much, the characters were still written consistently, and it was still a "great" show. Entourage has steadily gotten worse and worse to the point that the earlier seasons may not be able to save the reputation of the show as a whole.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you should stick with watching documentaries if you want real life :)

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, all good points and more examples of poor writing.

All shows have their glory days. Virtually ever show I've ever invested time into has always been better in the beginning. The Simpsons and The Sopranos come to mind - although The Sopranos is a better comparison because it has a continuing story line, as does Entourage. Even though I didn't like the last season as much, the characters were still written consistently, and it was still a "great" show. Entourage has steadily gotten worse and worse to the point that the earlier seasons may not be able to save the reputation of the show as a whole.

The wire got better every season. Best show ever made.

Compared to this boring ****? Puhleez

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sex and the City wasn't this ******. It was silly and tongue and cheek but still believable. Entourage turned into a bad cartoon a few seasons ago. With all the material they have to work with (Divorce, recovery from addiction, E's and Drama personal and career drama) you'd think they'd have the ability to make it a funny, exciting, memorable series finale. How lazy and inept the writing and even acting has become is upsetting.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This episode was much better.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Entourage has definitely been on the decline for a few years, but it still has it appeal, as far as I'm concerned. Let's be honest: bad writing aside, half of the reason people watch the show is to imagine, vicariously, how they would play Vince's situation of suddenly becoming a star and moving, with their friends, to Hollywood. Granted, even that appeal must be getting old now, but still: let's put it in context. This isn't Lost. It isn't Game of Thrones. It isn't a show driven by riveting story, so much as an analysis of the typical American's fantasy lifestyle.

Was Lost a riveting story? I think it could have been a couple of seasons shorter too. No clue about GoT. Never watched it.

Best show on TV is undoubtedly Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's been almost completely consistent through every season.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People can drone on about how Entourage has lost its way, should have been cancelled two seasons ago, etc, but it still amuses me to no end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads