• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome suit! Is this the minis fresco you mentioned?

Thanks. Yes, this is Minnis Fresco II 0500. It is their lightest weight fresco. Since this is a summer suit, I also went quarter-lined. Kent convinced me to keep the lining in the pants, as the fresco is an open weave, and I didn't want the pants to be see-through. Kent assured me it is easy to have the lining removed.

emb1980

Reaction score
Really? I recall the fit pics of the trial jacket you posted a week or so ago--it didn't look too bad at all. I certainly didn't see the need to size down two full sizes. Curious if that was Kent's recommendation, or your own idea?
Kent's suggestion.

Here is the 42 jacket, same trousers (but they're better for hanging a few days)

The closeup of the chest just shows the tiny bit of puckering that's difficult to see from further out.

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
Got the maroon longsleeve polo, really like the it, but the fit isnt really that slim.

I am 6'2, 185 lbs (188cm, 84kg) and chose L and I got some excess fabric, it doesnt fit terribly, but could fit better.
I am wondering for future purchases, should I size down (probably difficult to assess without pictures, going to try to take some asap)?

Hmm, I've also been thinking of getting polos from KW.

I'm about the same height and weight as you (about 186 and 82 kg), and was thinking of getting an L, as the text said it was much slimmer than PRL polos.

As body types can vary a lot, even with the approx. same height/weight, please post some pictures. :)

atoms

Reaction score
I know it's inconvenient, but you should order two or more sizes and return what doesn't work.

lambda

Reaction score
Great stuff man. I agree with the changes, too. Not that that matters.

Question - why no surgeons cuffs? They're at no cost extra and extremely awesome.

My sports coat is out for delivery. I'm pretty stoked.

No surgeon's cuffs because I wanted easier tailoring if I needed to lengthen the sleeves (though there is faux button stitching). The trial suit sleeves were too short, and KW recommended a certain amount of lengthening, but I wasn't sure if it was enough without trying it on.

lambda

Reaction score
I have a similar issue with the folds on the pants and a bit of a flap on the side. Brought them to the tailor and he started and stopped a couple of times as he was trying to figure out the best approach to solve the problem. He started pinning with our goal being to clean them up as much as possible. I'm not sure exactly what he did (he's also taking in the waist and shortening them) but can let you know how it turns out and how fixable the problem is. In general, I find pants to be very "alterable" within seem allowances.

Yes, tell me how well it worked.

I have the same. Been told its a pelvic tilt issue. Really hard to fix and kent told me that's something they can't take in to account.

Post detailed pics in the fit feedback thread. Or message otctailor. Some of it can be remedied by messing with the rise and the waistband height. Its complicated, risky and expensive if at all possible.

Have you been able to improve yours?

emb1980

Reaction score
No surgeon's cuffs because I wanted easier tailoring if I needed to lengthen the sleeves (though there is faux button stitching). The trial suit sleeves were too short, and KW recommended a certain amount of lengthening, but I wasn't sure if it was enough without trying it on.

I've been mulling the same question: are we confident enough on nailing the sleeve length to stick with the surgeon's cuffs.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kent's suggestion. Here is the 42 jacket, same trousers (but they're better for hanging a few days) The closeup of the chest just shows the tiny bit of puckering that's difficult to see from further out.
Unless you guys are very short, most of you should be lowering the button stance for your orders... including this one pictured.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here you go. I was thinking of altering the sleeves but I'm not sure how much. Threw it on the casual wear for quick outdoor pics. I wore the first blazer today. Looks good. Lengthened the sleeves a bit on the first, 1/3".

Last edited:

Badandy

Reaction score
mrjester,

Great look. Might have to steal the fabric selection for a future jacket...Looks to be a very versatile piece. Did you ever consider making this unstructured or was the linen casual enough without it?

In other news, I've got some incoming KW goodies including the poplin blue dress shirt, navy polo, light blue oxford, and the following jacket:

Fabric 7121 (shade lighter than navy)
Patch pockets at the waist, welted breast pocket
Soft shoulders
Half-lined
Smoked MOP buttons

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics