1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Hardep Singh

Hardep Singh Active Member

Is kent really busy? Am having a hard time getting responses from him on my 2nd order. My first order was super fast.

2. giaour

giaour Active Member

Thanks to those of you who chimed in with your thoughts on the issue I had with the shoes. Rather than go through the trouble of sending them back, I worked something out with Kent. As usual, the customer service at Kent Wang is superlative.

I think they must be quite busy indeed as my size of the trial suit was out when I ordered too. I too am anxious to get the process going, but I'm glad their business is thriving.

3. europrep

europrep Senior member

Anyone own the hand grade boots? I would appreciate some pics of them in the wild.

4. Onetwobit

Onetwobit Well-Known Member

Thinking about buying a scarf from them - any experience anyone?

5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

My experience is to wrap a scarf around my neck to stay warm in the winter.

Oh, you are probably asking about quality. Dunno about KW. I have 2 scarves, one from Target and one from Saks. The Target scarf keeps my neck just as warm as the Saks one. :D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  6. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

I will just add that they now carry Samuelsohn as well. Their Southwick stuff is nice but the Samuelsohn is a cut above in my opinion. But, again, it all depends on how much you want and need to customize, fabric choice, etc.

7. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior member

Who are you referring to? Kent Wang?

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

He's probably talking about Epaulet

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

At least until Christmas. Maybe even 2014.

10. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

^^^^^^^^ This.

I've been eying their burgundy Bal Boots for a couple months now. I've just been hoping to see some real life pics before I pull the trigger.

11. LeMaitreChat

LeMaitreChat Senior member

Great - I'll be making an appointment soon!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  12. zhangjiazhu

zhangjiazhu Member

After reading some reviews, I decided to go MTM with Kent Wang. Just received the package and still waiting to hear back from them on alteration opinions. Your opinions will be greatly helpful. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

That's a pretty dang good fit of the trial suit, possibly the best I've seen. The jacket is nearly perfect. Maybe shorten the sleeves .05 or 1 cm. Possibly lower the collar 0.5 cm to eliminate the slight horizontal wrinkling on the back below the collar. Consider the soft shoulder option, as I think it would look nice on you. Pants look good from the front, but don't drape very cleanly in the back. Not sure if it's possible to correct this via MTM adjustments, however. The pattern just might not work with your body type/stance (fairly common with KW suits from what I've seen.) What fabric and options do you plan to go with?

14. CousinDonuts

I would add some length to the jacket. Put on some shoes if you want us to opine on length and leg opening.

15. zhangjiazhu

zhangjiazhu Member

Yeah I noticed that the length is a bit short compared with my other suits. But I actually sort of like it because it adds some width to the upper body proportion (My body shape is a bit thin).

But the same time, I want to be conservative and stay within the lines of tradition. Do you think the length is too short, or just short to your taste?

Thanks,
    JZ

16. zhangjiazhu

zhangjiazhu Member

Thanks for the detailed response.

"The pattern just might not work with your body type/stance". Can you please explain a bit more on this?

I'm leaning towards a darker grey (but lighter than the charcoal one in the image) as I think it's a safe option for everyday work wear. Something like this http://www.kentwang.com/suits/grey-melange.html

Do you have some suggestion on pattern?

Thanks,
    JZ

17. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Think there's several of us asking for pics of these boots in the wild, starting to think no ones bitten the bullet yet :p

18. europrep

europrep Senior member

^ I have the brogues in the inca leather, so I can attest to how nice it is. I would still like to see the boots in the wild before pulling any triggers.

19. CousinDonuts

From behind it doesn't look like it covers your arse. Maybe you just need to pull the pants up?

20. zhangjiazhu

zhangjiazhu Member

Maybe the jacket is too short. Maybe it's because the low position of the camera (at knee level). The pant is already up I think.