Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

No, there has only ever been one color. I recall several months ago when someone posted a picture of what appeared to be a much lighter shade of brown, but Kent said it was merely a lighting issue.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I think you're right.

3. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I got my MTM (CMT with Minnis Fresco fabric) suit the other day. I had to make a few alterations with a local tailor, but overall, I think it came out well. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Awesome! Please do.

Didn't know Kent did CMT--that's great, very few MTM shops carry the Minnis books, and I'd love a fresco suit. Where'd you get the fabric?

5. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

6. frivmo

frivmo Senior member

Any of you guys grab the handgrade loafers? Really leaning toward getting them, but as I've never had a pair of penny loafers in my wardrobe I'm hoping for a fit pic in natural lighting (especially something that shows the shape better) or endorsement that will push me over the edge!

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I haven't grabbed them but I will say you have good taste, those look real nice.

8. lambda

lambda Member

I have to say, I've really enjoyed buying from Kent Wang and I will continue to do so. I've bought several key items for my wedding from KW. He has great taste and helped me navigate my MTM with great respect and care. I've provided some photos (they're all "action" shots—no SF stills available) to let you see how the final product turned out.

For my wedding, I wore the following KW items:

- MTM 2-piece suit, 7033 charcoal grey. Default options except for half-lining (costs extra), limited pick stitching and non-working buttonholes. Based off a 36R, with Kent's recommended modifications.
    - MTM white poplin shirt. French cuff, back darts. Based off a 14.5, with Kent's recommended modifications.
    - Shepard's check tie
    - Silver knot cuff links
    - White linen PS

Improvements

If I were to buy a second suit, I would probably change the shoulder pitch, lengthen the jacket and sleeves just a hair and fix the unwanted rolls on the back of the trousers. I don't know how to fix the trouser rolls problem, so feel free to enlighten me.

I would also lengthen the sleeves of my MTM shirt. The shirt sleeves hit the right spot when unbuttoned with arms laying perfectly still, but this implies pulling up the wrist when I move my arms.

I had to bring the tie to a tailor to shorten, as the default length is a bit too long for my 14.5 neck, and the tie is too thick to do a double FIH not.

Details of the suit

Front: 2 button, notch lapel
    Lapel size: Standard 3.5"
    Shoulder: Traditional
    Side pockets: Flap, straight
    Ticket pocket: No
    Flap size: Regular 2"
    Chest pocket: Welted
    Vents: Double (side)
    Sleeve buttons: 4
    Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
    Cuff finishing: Non-working buttonholes
    Pick stitching: Limited
    Lining: Half ($20)
    Lining fabric: Dark grey
    Piping: Light grey
    Buttons: Horn black
    Fly: Zipper
    Waistband: Belt loops
    Trousers lining: Half
    Cuff: No
    Trousers pick stitching: Extensive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Great stuff man. I agree with the changes, too. Not that that matters.

Question - why no surgeons cuffs? They're at no cost extra and extremely awesome.

My sports coat is out for delivery. I'm pretty stoked.

10. frivmo

frivmo Senior member

Flattery works!

11. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

I have a similar issue with the folds on the pants and a bit of a flap on the side. Brought them to the tailor and he started and stopped a couple of times as he was trying to figure out the best approach to solve the problem. He started pinning with our goal being to clean them up as much as possible. I'm not sure exactly what he did (he's also taking in the waist and shortening them) but can let you know how it turns out and how fixable the problem is. In general, I find pants to be very "alterable" within seem allowances.

12. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I have the same. Been told its a pelvic tilt issue. Really hard to fix and kent told me that's something they can't take in to account.

Post detailed pics in the fit feedback thread. Or message otctailor. Some of it can be remedied by messing with the rise and the waistband height. Its complicated, risky and expensive if at all possible.

13. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I don't feel like mine is too far inside, but thepocket itself is angled inside. i really have to do some origami to get my TV fold hanky to sit square to the pocket line.

14. docka

docka Senior member

Is there supposed to be a crease on the arm holes for the KW polos? I thought arm holes were supposed to hug your biceps for slim-fitted polos.

15. mymil

mymil Senior member

Does somebody have a good image of the off-white horn and smoked MOP buttons for the suits? I can't remember seeing any in this thread.