• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ it depends what your definitions of "athletic cut" and "slim cut" are. The jacket and pants are slimmer than most other RTW brands. I typically wear a 40L jacket with 33 or 34 waist trousers, and the 40 jacket and 34 trousers from KW were both too tight on me. But, I used them as a template and made measurement adjustments for an MTM suit which turned out very well.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ it depends what your definitions of "athletic cut" and "slim cut" are. The jacket and pants are slimmer than most other RTW brands. I typically wear a 40L jacket with 33 or 34 waist trousers, and the 40 jacket and 34 trousers from KW were both too tight on me. But, I used them as a template and made measurement adjustments for an MTM suit which turned out very well.

Good info...what was the turnaround time on the MTM suit?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good info...what was the turnaround time on the MTM suit?

It was pretty fast, probably around 6 weeks from the time I ordered the trial suit until the time I received my completed MTM suit. It probably would have been even faster, but I was waiting on some swatch books before I made my final decision for a fabric. I think I received my MTM suit only 3 weeks after I submitted the final details for my order.

elstinnett

Reaction score
I will begin interviewing for a new job in the near future and I'm searching for a charcoal suit. What do you guys think about the Charcoal RTW suit? I need an athletic cut (44R/34/35 pant) suit and the description says slim cut so that concerns me. How long does it take for delivery once its ordered? Many thanks!
Charcoal RTW suit
Similar sizing situation. I ordered the 44R Charcoal RTW suit about a week ago to check fit before ordering my navy suit. According to Kent, the 44R trial jacket was on its way to another customer as of Saturday. Hopefully I'll receive early next week. I'll try to report back re: fit of the jacket. Unfortunately, the trousers in size 36 won't be available for about two more weeks. I'm expecting to need around a 35 in waist.

I'm pretty excited about trying out his suits. The details available on his site regarding construction and the feedback on the forum are quite impressive.

elstinnett

Reaction score
I will begin interviewing for a new job in the near future and I'm searching for a charcoal suit. What do you guys think about the Charcoal RTW suit? I need an athletic cut (44R/34/35 pant) suit and the description says slim cut so that concerns me. How long does it take for delivery once its ordered? Many thanks!
Charcoal RTW suit
Similar sizing situation. I ordered the 44R Charcoal RTW suit about a week ago to check fit before ordering my navy suit. According to Kent, the 44R trial jacket was on its way to another customer as of Saturday. Hopefully I'll receive early next week. I'll try to report back re: fit of the jacket. Unfortunately, the trousers in size 36 won't be available for about two more weeks. I'm expecting to need around a 35 in waist.

I'm pretty excited about trying out his suits. The details available on his site regarding construction and the feedback on the forum are quite impressive.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Similar sizing situation.  I ordered the 44R Charcoal RTW suit about a week ago to check fit before ordering my navy suit.  According to Kent, the 44R trial jacket was on its way to another customer as of Saturday.  Hopefully I'll receive early next week.  I'll try to report back re: fit of the jacket.  Unfortunately, the trousers in size 36 won't be available for about two more weeks.  I'm expecting to need around a 35 in waist.  

I'm pretty excited about trying out his suits.  The details available on his site regarding construction and the feedback on the forum are quite impressive.  

Thanks for the info...I didn't realize there was this type of process. I can't wait that long since I will begin interviewing the first week of December. Brooks Brothers suits are on sale for 60% off so I bought a grey, navy and grey flannel.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Most sizes of the trial suit are in stock. Some may take a week or two. Once your measurements are finalized for the custom suit, it takes about three weeks to produce and one week to ship.

I see that the gloves are already out of stock in 8.5...will they be restocked any time soon?
Some time in December, not sure when.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most sizes of the trial suit are in stock. Some may take a week or two. Once your measurements are finalized for the custom suit, it takes about three weeks to produce and one week to ship.

Some time in December, not sure when.

Kent: I've held off on trying your suit due to the description of how slim it is. Can the nips and tucks that are part of your MTM process reach the point of creating a jacket for an athletic build with big chest and shoulders and a drop 7 waist?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kent:  I've held off on trying your suit due to the description of how slim it is.  Can the nips and tucks that are part of your MTM process reach the point of creating a jacket for an athletic build with big chest and shoulders and a drop 7 waist?

Or 10 inch drop...44R jacket / 34 pant?

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kent:  I've held off on trying your suit due to the description of how slim it is.  Can the nips and tucks that are part of your MTM process reach the point of creating a jacket for an athletic build with big chest and shoulders and a drop 7 waist?
Or 10 inch drop...44R jacket / 34 pant?

The answer to your questions is yes.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you expand on that a little bit? I assume you have a similar build/drop and experience to share.
The MTM process should be able to give you a suit that fits you well. The suit will be manufactured to your measurements (tweaking an existing pattern), so it can accomodate any drop you may have. Some posters have mentioned making modifications to the trouser rise as well. I'm sure the waist of the jacket can be brought in as well.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could you expand on that a little bit?  I assume you have a similar build/drop and experience to share. 
^ that

I have around a 9" drop and I have even had success tailoring RTW suits. You just have to be learn measurements. The most important measurements will be the shoulders.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do either of you have experience with Kent's MTM? Some MTM is very limited in what/how much they can change, which can result in a less than desirable finished product.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads