Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ you can change anything and everything with Kent's MTM suit program. The trial suit was too small on me and I was able to change almost every measurement imaginable - chest (front and back), shoulder, length (front and back), buttoning point, sleeve length, bicep, arm opening on the jacket; rise, waist, seat, thigh, knee, leg opening, and inseam on the trousers.

The other thing I liked about the MTM program was the amount of options, like adding a ticket pocket, picking the lapel width, selecting buttons, adding a button fly instead of a zipper, and side adjusters instead of belt loops. I got a pretty standard navy suit, but all these little options allowed me to make a suit that I could not find in any store.

2. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

Cuttingboard,

Didn't mean to deter you by any means. Just hoped to give you an idea of my situation...and it might very well be different than many others. I informed Kent that I only need the RTW suit for measurements purposes rather than for actual purchase. I have a new charcoal suit, so I'm looking for a navy suit which requires the MTM process.

Hopefully he'll be able to make the adjustments necessary to fit my somewhat difficult frame. From the feedback above, I think this is going to work out nicely!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012

3. Mute

Mute Senior member

Anyone here order a suit made from any of the fall/winter 2 cloths? If so, what did you order and how do you like the material?

4. scb

scb Senior member

I feel like a total idiot here, but I got the bow tie and cummerbund and can't figure out how to adjust the fit to make them smaller. I can make them larger, but not smaller

any help appreciated

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

5. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Has anyone purchased the bridle leather belt from Kent Wang? I and wondering whether the light brown is the right color to go with the AE walnut shoes.

6. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

I'd say Kent gives you a lot of options. The success of your mtm really depends on how insightful you are in making adjustments, and Kent provides some really good help. I recommend highly.

7. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Crappy iPhone photo of my Kent Wang PS purchases. The white linen is great, also got the silk brochade, and powder blue with navy trim, but the most beautiful one has to be the paisley. Love it!

8. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

KW white linen pocket square has been my go-to for years. Excellent purchase.

9. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

+1...also just got the white w/blood red trim.

10. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

I sure hope Kent is able to provide really good help on my fit! I believe the jacket arrived at my office today, so I'll be taking photos tomorrow of the fit. Unfortunately, I have limited experience with determining what adjustments need to be made and by how much. Hopefully it turns out great.

11. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

You can post it on here if you're really worried. I'm sure all of us would love to critique every last inch of your expensive purchase.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Try posting pics in the tailors critique thread as well, both a tailor and Despos are very helpful.

13. Jaggs

Jaggs Senior member

I ordered the power blue with the blue trim and the paisley one yesterday, they look as good as I hoped!

14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Bump! Any pics?

15. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

Just counted 5 KW pocket squares here. The paisley light blue (cotton) and mauve with white edge are also recommended. Linen is so much easier than silk to wear on a normal day!