1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Beav

Beav Senior member

I'm a tiny it smaller in the chest at 38", 5'9", 165lbs, and I'm happy with the large, it fits slim but not tight.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I personally only wear point end, which is why I make them. They certainly cost more to produce than square end, though I don't pass the costs on to the customer. I'm subsidizing point end wearers all over the world. We are a movement.

I think it's too long. Maybe you can try 0.25" shorter next time.

Try sitting down first.

1 person likes this.
  3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Pointed > flat any day all day.

Can anybody speak to the density of KW's knits vs HY?

4. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Looks great! Agree on the waist length recs, but still a great looking suit.

5. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

I broke my Wang today. I was pulling KW cufflinks on and one of the pair just snapped, the link came right off the base. These were just a few months old, with little wear. Let's see if the firm's lifetime guarantee holds up.

6. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Go for it. You might want to try both, I am the same measurements, but am 6'0 and usually wear a M thought a L might give you a more relaxed look.

[​IMG]

7. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

And what size is that you are wearing? Nice accesories (notice the plural) on your left.

8. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Al-Did you get that collar curl by increasing the collar point length? It might be a bit too much for me, but I like it. It could also be the low camera angle that gives the looking up someones nose perspective. I would bring in the waist a bit more and think about bringing in the chest after a wash to reduce the folds.

9. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Sorry its a Size M. I'm 6'0, Chest - 39" Waist - 32" about 178.

Thanks, I'm a lucky guy.

1 person likes this.
  10. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

My next shirt will most likely be a spread collar, so perhaps I'll shorten .25".

Did this shirt pass the sitdown test? It's much trimmer than my MTM.

I think if I brought the chest, waist and hips in .5" it would be about there for what I prefer. I don't like the extremely slim look, and that photo from your site is a little too tight for my taste.

11. Al in Philly

Yeah, longer collar usually gives curl. I have had MTM shirts done before and each tailor has always recommended a higher collar band and longer collar points because I'm tall and have a long neck.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  12. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

Does anybody happen to know where KW's tie bars are made in? Thanks.

13. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Bangladesh. No, Wyoming. Or is it Peru? Perhaps the Amalfi Coast. No, no, it's Tibet. They are holy.

14. Al in Philly

I think they were the actual reason for the final crusade.

15. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Thank you, sir. Your post is exactly the information I was looking for.

16. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Just placed my order for a Medium Navy Polo, White w/ Leaf Pocket Square & White Lapel Flower.

17. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Sounds like a solid order. I really liked the navy polo. The fabric has been slightly different between the white, grey, and navy but I am liking them all the navy and white may be my favorites so far. Looking forward to getting some rugby shirts like in maroon. Really like the looks of the white leaf PS, wear in good health.

18. zchen

zchen Senior member

Rugby in Navy and Polo in Lavender for my first order? or some other colors?

19. Becon

Becon Member

Are there any pictures of a 3-roll-2 with narrow lapels from Kent floating around? I'm a shorter guy and I'm considering a 3-2 or 3-2.5 as a way to kind of cheat and lower the button stance to make myself look taller. Plus I like that softer roll of the lapel. Not an option you see often on RTW suits so I've never tried one on.

20. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

For those that have the brown cap-toe, are they being used strictly as office shoes? I already own the pair and wear it in the office, trying to figure out if I can ever wear them casually with jeans or if they are too sleek.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013