1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

When will the new shirt fabrics be available on the website?

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

3. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Kent- awesome selection, do you have higher res photos?

4. GHo

GHo Senior member

wow. beautiful.

5. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

The lookbook photos are awesome indeed! I like that you can see and compare the various jacket configurations, lapel widths, etc.

If you click the link to Kent's flickr account that he posted above, you can view images of the individual suits and fabrics in the original resolution (3535x2500).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  6. Archimon

Archimon Member

Kent,
    Just a quick question. Do you make odd jackets or blazers? For instance, how much would it cost to have an ordinary Navy blazer made?

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ when you're shopping for suits on the website, you have the option of choosing a fabric, and then when you're ready to add it to your cart you can pick a 2-piece suit, 3-piece suit, or any of the components (jacket, vest, or trousers) individually. Prices for each individual piece varies by fabric.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  8. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Really, really well done. Quick question - for lapel-proportion reference, what size are those example jackets?

9. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Purely out of curiosity, Kent, did you have to have all of those suits made up on spec to get those photos? That is a sizable investment, if so. Impressive.

10. Archimon

Archimon Member

Thanks, appreciate the help.

11. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Kent, I think we had nearly the same meal at Oxheart. Incredible.

Spring stuff looks great, too. Will be getting something.

12. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I can wear spring suits year round, just add more layers if necessary. Obviously colors that are very vernal will be harder to wear in the winter.

Yes, have a look at the price chart at the bottom of the suit page. For the A range fabrics, it's $575 for a jacket. It's a little cheaper to order a two-piece suit than jacket and trousers separately.

The shirt fabrics shown in the lookbook are not ours. But I'm working on photographing our MTM fabrics, but it may be a few months. It's a complex project.

The Saphir Renovateur should be restocked in early March.

That place has great value.

13. azumi

azumi Senior member

Is there no 36S option for the charcoal trial suit?

14. AHS

AHS Senior member

I know that many of you out there purchased the KW chukka in the fall.

Impressions? How is the fit? Being a KW product, I assume they are holding up well?

Thanks,

AHS

15. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I've worn my chukkas more than any other pair of shoes I own, for two years I believe. They're almost ready for a resoleā€”I do lot of walking on city streets. The leather and construction are still holding up fine, no different from when they were only a week old.

I just added the lapel width to each of the photos so you can compare. I think both the narrow and wide options are quite viable, not too extreme.

We only carry the trial suit in regular lengths. For a MTM order, it's very easy to adjust the length.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  16. azumi

azumi Senior member

As I live outside of the US (in Asia), if I bought the trial suit and I know it won't definitely fit me because I'm 36S (with many other brands), I'll have to get to a local tailor for some alterations instead of send it back to you for adjusting because FedEx would charge me tens of bucks. In this case, do you think I should try a MTM order instead of a trial suit?

17. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I don't recommend getting a tailor to make a regular jacket "short." There is too much that is different. Even shortening the jacket length is risky, but I believe the buttoning points are also different. There really isn't a way to adjust that.

18. azumi

azumi Senior member

Sure, but if it was a little alteration (1 or 1.5") in the back length (or even in sleeve length), it seems to be OK. But in this Kent's offer, no "short" for trial suit, so nothing I can do but a MTM or a 36R and then adjusted by a local tailor.

19. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Wouldn't extensive alterations to the trial suit end up costing more than the extra shipping to go through the full MTM process?

20. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Sleeve adjustment is fine. I don't think you want to take just the back up. You have to do it all the way around. It really doesn't matter the amount you are shortening it. It is not easy for a tailor to get a nice finish on the bottom of the jacket.

Forgive me for saying this, but Kent Wang OTR is not your only suit option. You should either use his MTM program or find a brand that has short sizes available.