• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how do you size these shoes in relation to AE last 5

A lot of people say the AE 5 last is a long last, but that wasn't my experience. I actually think these shoes are slightly more elongated compared to AE's 5 last. I needed a 12.5 in the 5 last because a 12 crushed my toes. However, the 12.5 was a little too wide, and AE doesn't make any narrow widths in a 12.5. So, I tried a 13B in an AE Strand, but those were a little too long. All in all, I was never happy with the way the 5 last fit my feet.

These shoes I got in a size 12 (normally I would wear a 12.5B or 12.5C in most shoes, and I wear a 12B or 12C in Alden's Barrie/Trubalance lasts). The length on the size 12 was perfect, but they felt a little roomy in the width at first (I also have a low instep), so I got some felt tongue pads and that fixed the problem with the width, so now the shoes fit very well.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do you size these shoes in relation to AE last 5
Assuming these fit the same as the plaintoe balmoral, I find that they fit more true-to-size than the AE 5 last. I generally wear a 10, which is what I got in the plaintoe balmoral. They fit fine. I wear a 9.5E in Allen Edmonds 5 last.

13g411

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm wondering if the shoulder measurement is differnt depending on the shoulder option chosen?
My local tailor told me that with the spalla camicia shoulder the shoulder to shouder distance between the seams should be less than with a "regular" construction.

The question therefore is; if the staple suit fits in the shoulders what measurements whould you provide for kent, the actuall seam to seam measurements or an estimate of what you think you would need with the spalla camicia shoulder.

Best regards,

joshuasaussey

Reaction score
Just purchased a glen plaid tie and pocket square from Kent Wang.

I am very excited for its arrival. The quality looks exceptional.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The following swatch books have not been added to the website yet, but you can take a look at these photos, and of course we can send the swatch books to you.
Jacketing & Trousers
Luxury Jacketing
Fall/Winter 1
Fall/Winter 2
Fall/Winter 3

Assuming these fit the same as the plaintoe balmoral, I find that they fit more true-to-size than the AE 5 last. I generally wear a 10, which is what I got in the plaintoe balmoral. They fit fine. I wear a 9.5E in Allen Edmonds 5 last.
Yes, all the benchgrade shoes are on the same last.
Hi,
I'm wondering if the shoulder measurement is differnt depending on the shoulder option chosen?
My local tailor told me that with the spalla camicia shoulder the shoulder to shouder distance between the seams should be less than with a "regular" construction.

The question therefore is; if the staple suit fits in the shoulders what measurements whould you provide for kent, the actuall seam to seam measurements or an estimate of what you think you would need with the spalla camicia shoulder.

Best regards,
It's the same shoulder width for all shoulder styles. The actual measurement would be adjusted to accommodate. So you can order the trial suit which has the regular shoulder and then use the same measurement when ordering an unconstructed shoulder.

Last edited:

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The following swatch books have not been added to the website yet, but you can take a look at these photos, and of course we can send the swatch books to you.
Jacketing & Trousers
Luxury Jacketing
Fall/Winter 1
Fall/Winter 2
Fall/Winter 3

I am so excited that you got these fabrics, because there are finally like a dozen jackets I want from you! I guess I'll have to get that trial suit very very soon so I can get my measurements down... Really great choices, Kent.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen the fall/winter swatches in person and there are some really amazing choices in there. There's a gun club that really caught my eye, I will probably be ordering that once I get my completed MTM suit, just to make sure all my measurements are on point.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got in an assortment of pocket squares from Kent. Two in particular: The white with leaf and the white leaf with blood red edge. They look cool on the website, but they are far more spectacular in person. I could not recommend them enough.

freddych

Reaction score
Kent, do you do tuxes? I saw an option on the website, but didn't see any other information. Any pictures of sample tuxes you have done in the past?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Beer Festival; Rainy Day

Kent Wang wool/mohair suit
Real flower
Kent Wang dupioni silk pocket square
Kent Wang shirt
Kent Wang chestnut solid stick umbrella
Kent Wang medium brown captoe balmoral

I'm an 8.5E in the AE 8 last. Do you think an 8.5 or a 9 would be best?
If you have wide feet you may need to go up half a size to 9.
Kent, do you do tuxes? I saw an option on the website, but didn't see any other information. Any pictures of sample tuxes you have done in the past?
Yes, we can do peak lapel or shawl collar one button tux. I've made some for customers but I don't have any sample photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads