1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

:)

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Wore my new Kent Wang MTM suit yesterday and it is fantastic. I went with the traditional shoulder and made a few minor tweaks to the stock measurements, something that Kent was extremely helpful with. I did a mid-gray Gladson glen plaid. Kent can alter specs such as armhole size, sleeve width, and collar "height" (so as to avoid a wrinkle under the collar), in addition to more standard specs like shoulders, etc. The quality of the tailoring is outstanding. I would compare the quality and styling to my Caruso Sartoria Parma items, only a cleaner fit since it was made for me. Will definitely be ordering more.

3. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Shitty pics, but hopefully this is somewhat useful to you. Will try to snap better pics next time. (Wrinkle on the front quarter was from sitting on my suit coat awkwardly after draping it over a chair.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

Armhole and silhouette look great. Congrats. Mine comes in a week or two!

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

San Antonio Cocktail Conference

Kent Wang tweed suit
    Kent Wang linen shirt
    Kent Wang Notre Dame rose window pocket square
    Kent Wang Bauhaus watch
    Kent Wang suede chukka boots

The suit is a VBC tweed that is now almost out of stock (just enough for two more suits). Soft shoulder.

A few weeks.

Yes, in about three weeks.

As always, you can email sales@kentwang.com and I'll email you when things are back in stock.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Hey everyone

I'm contemplating between the Navy with white edge pocket square vs the powder blue with navy edge pocket square.

Thoughts on what would work well better vs another. I wear squares and jackets with khakis, jeans, slacks and etc.

Cheers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Kent, will the Blue Gingham square be restocked anytime soon? Had my eye on it for a while.

9. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

Can highly recommend the KW umbrellas. Mine have been serving me exceptionally well in the wet weather we're getting in the UK. They are quite light and still make a nice tight wrap considering they're stick. I prefer the standard handles over the whangee, though the latter is quite eyecatching.

10. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

For blue/brown blazers, the top one, for khaki/gray blazers the bottom - but that's just my personal preference. In other words... get both. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  11. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

I might go for this one instead of the powder blue one. I have it and it's fantastic.

12. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

San Antonio Cocktail Conference cocktail contest. I know it's a terrible faux pas to wear a vest without the jacket, but all the bartenders do it.

Kent Wang suit (fabric Gladson 102735)
    Kent Wang shirt
    Kent Wang green grenadine tie
    Kent Wang sapphire cuff links

[​IMG]

Earl Moro

2 oz blood orange juice
    2 oz spiced rum infused with Earl Grey tea
    tiki bitters
    egg white

I didn't win, but I thought it was a damn good drink.
    Maybe in a month.

4 people like this.
  13. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Are you in the bar business as well? You look like you should be at Patterson House in Nashville slinging drinks like that, good work!

14. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

great picture kent

15. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Anyone want to unburden themselves from the UrbanDaddy Kent Wang code? :D

16. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I asked first :fence:

Yes, I am always interested in the Urbandaddy code as well

17. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I'll have my fiancee take pictures when she comes home. My wedding tux came in from Kent, and it's beautiful. There are hardly any alterations to make. Kent's eye based on the trial suit is impressive. I'll definitely be ordering further suits. I'll probably only lengthen in the future.

I would probably suggest people consider a larger lapel option if you're going with the shawl. If that's an option, that is.

Hopefully someone posts roped shoulder pictures at some point. I want to see if I can cobble together a Kent Wang, saville row style suit as my next purchase (little padding, slight roping, lower button stance, good amt of waist suppression, etc).

Pictures added (kitchen is the only place with much light). I just threw it on with the other clothes I was wearing, so pardon the shirt and shoes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Kent, just to confirm, there's no ability to check stuff out in Houston is there? (swatches, shoes, whatever)

19. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Fit looks great! I'm not a fan of the narrow, shawl lapel, though I suppose that's a matter of personal preference. :satisfied:

20. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Neither am I but he's young and in love. Narrow shawls are the least of his worries too right now :p

Great tux!