• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Was thinking about ordering a MTM charcoal trial suit. In looking at the website I noticed that it doesn’t have L sizes available? I’m a 54L in Euro sizes and 42L or 44L in US sizes (depends on maker). I’d like to try MTM but need L and need some idea of shoulder width on them.

The trial suits come in R sizes only. So check shoulder width on those as you find here. The patterns are highly adjustable in every area, even shoulder width. For trial fitting purposes, start with shoulder width and chest size, and we'll take it from there. Email me at [email protected] with any other questions.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
All European orders (except if you choose the fastest/priciest Express option) are now first shipped to London, where we take care of customs, and then reshipped via Royal Mail. So EU customers can be guaranteed paying no customs tax.

This is not explained on the website yet, but will be eventually.

All orders can be returned to London, so that will help especially with ordering the MTM trial suits.

This is awesome. Hugh like from here! :)

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have in-the-wild pictures of the benchgrade wholecut loafers in brown suede (which might be the only color theyve ever been made in)?

Am looking hard at them but would like to see 'em in person before pulling the trigger.

Ian @ Kent Wang

Reaction score
Anyone have in-the-wild pictures of the benchgrade wholecut loafers in brown suede (which might be the only color theyve ever been made in)?

Am looking hard at them but would like to see 'em in person before pulling the trigger.

I saw a pair when I was in London last month - just checked and unfortunately I don't have a photo. I will say that they looked much better than I expected, quite nice. I know that's not very helpful but I will say that the stock photo does not do them justice.

cakv

Reaction score
Has anyone been having trouble emailing their MTM program? I emailed then a couple times this week but haven't gotten any response on an order at all

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed meeting Aaron in New York on Saturday. The MTM program has always worked pretty well for me, but will be able to feature some new, more complex adjustments beginning on the 15th for those who are harder to fit/are absolute perfectionists about it.

We looked at tons of swatches--Aaron can get pretty much anything you have in mind. I ended up funding a cut length of blue shetland wool/cashmere that I picked up from Ed. I'm going to try out the round welt breast pocket (dare I call it a barchetta?) and the 6mm pick stitching--for anyone who wants to make up a slightly casual sportcoat, I highly recommend this option. I'm also thinking about a glenplaid suit before too long.

Biggest surprise of the visit was probably the overcoats. The cut is really nice, as is the standard fabric (I could wear one off the rack quite happily). The website pictures simply do not do it any justice.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the person who is in need of "long" sizes, I too need my jackets to be longer than the KW trial suit. With Aaron's help we nailed the jacket length on the first try. Don't worry about that modification, it's a cinch.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed meeting Aaron in New York on Saturday. The MTM program has always worked pretty well for me, but will be able to feature some new, more complex adjustments beginning on the 15th for those who are harder to fit/are absolute perfectionists about it.

We looked at tons of swatches--Aaron can get pretty much anything you have in mind. I ended up funding a cut length of blue shetland wool/cashmere that I picked up from Ed. I'm going to try out the round welt breast pocket (dare I call it a barchetta?) and the 6mm pick stitching--for anyone who wants to make up a slightly casual sportcoat, I highly recommend this option. I'm also thinking about a glenplaid suit before too long.

Biggest surprise of the visit was probably the overcoats. The cut is really nice, as is the standard fabric (I could wear one off the rack quite happily). The website pictures simply do not do it any justice.
Thanks for the input on the coats. I'm thinking of a DB coat in a Navy cashmere blend for next year.

Have they updated the options page with the new features yet?

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any details on the additional changes possible? Just curious

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any details on the additional changes possible? Just curious

Don't have any specifics, but I think it will include some stance and posture adjustments that straight measurements don't always account for. In my case, I have a hollow back when standing erect that means that my jackets often have some excess fabric from beneath the shoulders--now there's a posture correction to account for that.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been having trouble emailing their MTM program? I emsioked then a couple times this week but haven't gotten any response on an order at all

Same for me. I assume it’s a very temporary thing and we’ll get a response in 1 or 2 days

cakv

Reaction score
Same for me. I assume it’s a very temporary thing and we’ll get a response in 1 or 2 days

I hope so. When did you send your email? I sent mine in very late Dec first and a follow up in very early Jan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads