Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Ian @ Kent Wang

Ian @ Kent Wang Active Member

6 - 6.25".

2. aaronatKW

aaronatKW Active Member

The trial suits come in R sizes only. So check shoulder width on those as you find here. The patterns are highly adjustable in every area, even shoulder width. For trial fitting purposes, start with shoulder width and chest size, and we'll take it from there. Email me at [email protected] with any other questions.

3. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior Member

This is awesome. Hugh like from here! :)

4. jdp234

jdp234 Senior Member

Anyone have in-the-wild pictures of the benchgrade wholecut loafers in brown suede (which might be the only color theyve ever been made in)?

Am looking hard at them but would like to see 'em in person before pulling the trigger.

5. Ian @ Kent Wang

Ian @ Kent Wang Active Member

I saw a pair when I was in London last month - just checked and unfortunately I don't have a photo. I will say that they looked much better than I expected, quite nice. I know that's not very helpful but I will say that the stock photo does not do them justice.

6. jdp234

jdp234 Senior Member

Thanks, good to know.

7. cakv

cakv Senior Member

Has anyone been having trouble emailing their MTM program? I emailed then a couple times this week but haven't gotten any response on an order at all

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018

8. heldentenor

heldentenor Distinguished Member

Enjoyed meeting Aaron in New York on Saturday. The MTM program has always worked pretty well for me, but will be able to feature some new, more complex adjustments beginning on the 15th for those who are harder to fit/are absolute perfectionists about it.

We looked at tons of swatches--Aaron can get pretty much anything you have in mind. I ended up funding a cut length of blue shetland wool/cashmere that I picked up from Ed. I'm going to try out the round welt breast pocket (dare I call it a barchetta?) and the 6mm pick stitching--for anyone who wants to make up a slightly casual sportcoat, I highly recommend this option. I'm also thinking about a glenplaid suit before too long.

Biggest surprise of the visit was probably the overcoats. The cut is really nice, as is the standard fabric (I could wear one off the rack quite happily). The website pictures simply do not do it any justice.

9. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Distinguished Member

For the person who is in need of "long" sizes, I too need my jackets to be longer than the KW trial suit. With Aaron's help we nailed the jacket length on the first try. Don't worry about that modification, it's a cinch.

10. smittycl

smittycl Distinguished Member

Thanks for the input on the coats. I'm thinking of a DB coat in a Navy cashmere blend for next year.

Have they updated the options page with the new features yet?

11. hookem12387

hookem12387 Distinguished Member

Any details on the additional changes possible? Just curious

12. heldentenor

heldentenor Distinguished Member

Don't have any specifics, but I think it will include some stance and posture adjustments that straight measurements don't always account for. In my case, I have a hollow back when standing erect that means that my jackets often have some excess fabric from beneath the shoulders--now there's a posture correction to account for that.

13. jssdc

jssdc Senior Member

Glad to hear that they’re continuing to innovate on fit perfection. I’ve got nine KW jackets and have been really pleased....but have started to notice some (minor) things that are beginning to annoy me.

14. Proleet

Proleet Active Member

Same for me. I assume it’s a very temporary thing and we’ll get a response in 1 or 2 days

15. cakv

cakv Senior Member

I hope so. When did you send your email? I sent mine in very late Dec first and a follow up in very early Jan.