• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Lapel flower $10. New color: purple

A flower worn in the lapel, also known as a boutonnière, was common—even de rigueuer—until the 1960s. If you don’t have a live flower on hand, wear one of these hand-folded paper flowers instead.
@Kent Wang

Where are the cashmere scarves made?

The cashmere scarves are made in China, where most of the world's cashmere goats live.

Decades ago Europe may have had a technological advantage in spinning cashmere fiber, but that is no longer the case as the German spinning machines are sold globally.

It is wasteful to ship the fiber to Europe, both in terms of cost to the consumer and the environment, when the entire production process can take place in China. Of course there are low quality goods made in China, but we have always selected the highest quality producers.

I hope you'll find that our history of making high quality wares to be more informative than a simple country of origin statement.

But would it be possible to go to the London shop, get measured (by using the size 36 as a base model), and then place the order online (shipping address UK)? Or something similar in order to get a MTM overcoat to london.

Thanks,
Yes, but only if size 36 is your size.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cashmere scarves are made in China, where most of the world's cashmere goats live.

Decades ago Europe may have had a technological advantage in spinning cashmere fiber, but that is no longer the case as the German spinning machines are sold globally.

It is wasteful to ship the fiber to Europe, both in terms of cost to the consumer and the environment, when the entire production process can take place in China. Of course there are low quality goods made in China, but we have always selected the highest quality producers.

I hope you'll find that our history of making high quality wares to be more informative than a simple country of origin statement.

Kent, great insight. I have purchased your items before and know they are high quality. I will definitely consider one of your scarves.

Cao Cao

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Subscribed.
Ordering the trial jacket in size 42R based on shoulder measurements
Considering TR2019.

And we will be civil

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a mid blue unstructured casual 3 season suit or odd jacket?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

novaeagle

Reaction score
Has anyone commissioned Kent for a hopsack "blazersuit"?? I was considering getting a navy blazersuit in a few months and would love to see pictures of any existing ones. Probably unstructured, half-lined, 3-roll 2, no padding on the shoulder, patch pockets, that sort of thing. Very inspired by @brillopad 's Loro Piana hopsack that he had made (plus pants).

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
12399040_10100110323378110_1860652946_n.jpg

All KW. Except the owl.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd love a middle ground between standard and wide.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexcruz