• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MaxK
I just received my Kent Wang polo today. I'm an odd fit, a short slim guy with broad shoulders (5'7", 38.5" chest, 18" across the shoulders PTP, 15.5" neck). The fit of the shoulders is great, and the collar as others have said is wonderful. The only issue for me is the length. I don't usually wear polos tucked, and this thing is long! The fabric is very nice, and everything but the length is just about perfect, so I'm going to wash it and see if it shrinks up at all. It will likely end up at the tailor's to be shortened by 2" or so.

What size did you order? I am virtually identical to you in measurements. Likewise find most shirts too long, have to send some Lacoste to the tailor one of these days.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang

I actually hardly ever wear the white linen, preferring the white leaf cotton pocket square instead as it has a very subtle print that looks just like plain white from a distance.

But as you can see, it is very straight in a TV fold, and the linens are the same. In general, straightness is not much of a problem with linen and cotton pocket squares.

Thanks for the tip. Got one.

MaxK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark Anthony
What size did you order? I am virtually identical to you in measurements. Likewise find most shirts too long, have to send some Lacoste to the tailor one of these days.
I ordered a size large. After a wash and dry on medium the shirt shrunk up in length a fair amount, and is now a perfect fit. I won't be putting it through the dryer any more, but now it's ideal in terms of dimensions. All that remains is to wait for the restock so I can snag more!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the longer placket looks pretty good. I'm fine with either 2 or 3 buttons, but if the placket stays the same length, it would make sense to leave it at 3 button too. I missed all the Large sizes in the light blue and pink polos, so I'm looking forward to picking those up after the restock. I'm intrigued by the lavender too.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guido??

Originally Posted by softy
I had my semi-serious face on.
Hey, like I said, I associate them with prep wear and I think it's hard to do right.

Here's something from the guji blog:

IMG_9500.jpg

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Didn't realize I was doing a square fold wrong.

If you like the look, you're not doing it wrong.
I've seen other people to a TV fold with the folded end (rather than the rolled fabric edge) sticking out from the pocket, so it has a very straight line.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
I am pleased with the length of *******.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads