• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keep or Give Away an Old Tweed Jacket?

Flylikepaper

Reaction score
Hi All,

I own exactly one (1) sportscoat (sport jacket?). It was given to me by a college friend twenty years ago and has mostly sat in my closet, unused. But now entering middle-age I'd like to wear sportscoats occasionally, even as my everyday wardrobe will remain more casual.

The question: is this worth keeping and wearing? It seems to fit ... fine? And if it's worth keeping, what to wear with it? I tried it with paler chinos and it didn't look right. These jeans don't look quite right either. Any input welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_7916.jpeg
    IMG_7916.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7915.jpeg
    IMG_7915.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7914.jpeg
    IMG_7914.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 68

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the jacket fits well. Being a gray jacket makes it tough to pair with trousers. You definitely want to see some good contrast between the top and bottom.

Flylikepaper

Reaction score
Thank you! I have some khaki chinos that do offer a good contrast. I wasn't sure about them before but this doesn't look too bad?

IMG_7930.jpeg

My other options are a bit limited, but I've got a pair of soft brown five pockets from Spier and Mackay that could work, although there won't be a ton of contrast.

For label, also see attached. Also a better picture of the tweed.

IMG_7924.jpeg

IMG_7925.jpeg

IMG_7926.jpeg

HMMOG24

Reaction score
Keeper! Check out the history on the fabric...

Seems to fit you well, too.

You can go as far down the style rabbit hole as you want. If you’re in most parts of the U.S., however, if you throw this blazer on as you might otherwise wear your North Face jacket the sheep all walking around in pajamas will start calling you “the well dressed guy.” You can become a shining light to the slaves of mass produced junk.

The only reason I asked about the label is because if it were something valuable you could throw it up on eBay and swap it out for something you liked better. But personally I like the look of tweed and particularly this tweed. Glad the moths haven’t eaten it.

I think the thin brown stripe in the tweed ties in nicely with the khakis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads