• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtruzman

Reaction score
I never hang my tees or sweatshirts. I have some trunks around my place to store them—dual purpose—decoration and storage. It’s a pain ********** to pick out what to wear, but until I get a bigger place, I’ll have to continue doing this nonsense. I also have the under bed storage containers, I fold a bunch of stuff and store it in there

I have the 3 trunks that are reasonably priced on the screenshot. They actually fit a crap load. The silver one fit ~50 tees, ~8ish of JEs sweaters (eg pigtail, cotton, etc etc). Highly recommended if wanted to spice up your place and want to get use out of the decor

View attachment 862007

View attachment 862013

This was quite helpful as I live in NYC. Thanks man!

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fits you better than it fits me! what's your size / dimensions? it doesn't look so cropped on me because of my torso, but it only looks off if i button it (i don't think varsity jackets look good buttoned anyways).

5’9” 140ish and wear a small in almost every JE top/Jacket, (xs in ae/os tees fit preference) and 28 denim.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Washed my obsidians last night... inside out, delicate/hand wash cycle, cold water with a little wool lite dark, and hang dryed. It seems to have set the colour and they are still black as black!

Stoked as I want them to stay black and not fade like most traditional raw denim. As i already have carbons and onyx in the washed black denim department
Now that you’ve washed them you’ll prob be good, but I’d still only wash them infrequently. Washing can cause color loss as well

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boucle Sweater / Onyx / Vapormax

3EA7A3A3-CF56-40D0-AA25-6A5E397F48A0.jpeg

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find oversized cropped hoodies? Sold out in my size (2). Looking to replace all my kake mocks (except for sage :))

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comparison of the Coast 2 and Nimbus. Both are brand new with tags.
I measure BIG style all my denim before I wear them just to see where they are at before and after stretch and after a wash.

First pic the Coast 2 is laid on top of the Nimbus.

I think the more rigid and less stretch the denim is we feel it's tighter because of how it sits on the body. It's basically less forgiving.

IMG_9606.JPG
IMG_9607.JPG
IMG_9608.JPG

Last edited:

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
I actually ordered one in forest and ended up returning it. It just fit slimmer than what I wanted. I might try them out again and size up to a L. Is that your go to?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually ordered one in forest and ended up returning it. It just fit slimmer than what I wanted. I might try them out again and size up to a L. Is that your go to?
Yeah I like them, but honestly I don’t get much use out of my hoodies these days. I wear my crews more often than my hoodies. I also think they look better under outerwear because you can sort of dress them up.

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Yeah I like them, but honestly I don’t get much use out of my hoodies these days. I wear my crews more often than my hoodies. I also think they look better under outerwear because you can sort of dress them up.

I hear you. Crews are def easier for layering. I’ll try out a large next in the raglan.

TheOpOg

Reaction score
I don’t believe this is accurate for everyone because my nimbus are definitely skinnier than my coast2. I don’t mind though and wouldn’t mind my coast2 being slimmer.
I was going to say what @97laxlude said. I don’t think the measurements are any slimmer I just think that the denim is a little more thick and has less stretch. So the denim is less forgiving and feels more slim. Which like you, I actually enjoy the feel of. The Nimbus’s stack better around my knees because of it.

thetourist

Reaction score
selling my new wool stadium jacket in size 3 for below retail. pm me if you're interested.

i might be willing to trade for the same jacket in a size 4, and i'm also looking for the riders jacket in a size 4

the stadium jacket fits me fine when it's unbuttoned but it looks tiny when it's buttoned up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads