NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

So it won't clog up/derail the other threads.

[​IMG]

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Flyknits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flyknits x Lunar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  3. the_state

the_state Senior member

v heavy in the streets right now. fuck brown leather shoes.

4. petercoleman

petercoleman Active Member

Thoughts on the Pre Montreal Racer? I really really dig the slightly minimal, vintage look.

[​IMG]

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think those are a good casual pair, an alternative to NBs?
    I prefer the blk/wht version like the one they have at JCrew.
    [​IMG]

I also like the updated Lunar version.
    [​IMG]

6. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

In before anti hypebeast comments.

You just into modern stuff only, or do you dig NSW/Retros? I know most users here aren't into it, but I think Nike's been on a roll with stuff like the Mayfly Wovens or Roshe Runs. I'd also be interested in seeing more hyperfuse takes on classics(not necessarily lunar soles though), especially after seeing Vans make an Era inspired sneaker with modern technology.

7. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I like some of the classics and got plenty of Air Jordans and a few Nike Dunks too. Clothing-wise, my favorite is probably a windrunner jacket, still looking for a simple black and white in xs.
    [​IMG]

They have this version for sale right now but I prefer it w/o the faux faded vintage Nike logo on the chest.
    [​IMG]

From the current NSW line, I want this colorblock 3/4th sleeves tee but damn that $100 pricetag.
    [​IMG]

Here's current Nike rotation, got a few more for running and for the gym coming next week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also looking for this colorway of the Free Run+ 3, not available online yet but a few store has them last I heard.
    [​IMG]

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Those Lunar Montreals are on sale almost everywhere, i'd get them while you can before it sells out.

As for those Free 3.0s, not sure you can those anywhere anymore. Have you seen the new 3.0? The dark grey version isn't exactly all black but still nice.
    [​IMG]

10. mustbethejohns

mustbethejohns Member

Anyone here a fan of the Roshe Run? Seems like they were the "it" sneakers before all the Flyknit craze from the Olympics.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Also, speaking of classic fusing with new tech, I kind of like these Lunar Safari Fuse. I think this will sell really well on Nike ID.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd also like the updated version of the Vortex with a Lunar sole, the Racer Vengeance, I wish they would bring it back in more classic colorways with suede, which I think would also sell well on Nike ID.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm not a fan of the look but my brother swears by them, they are indeed very comfortable but for casual walking or just kicking it, I prefer the Free Runs. Just a personal preference. Rosheruns are selling like crazy though.
    Not my pic but people do go crazy for them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. max_r

max_r Senior member

hey RFX, fuck you and your clean running shoes

[​IMG]
    From a run this weekend, which will make it the 4th time in a month i throw these through the wash

Also, those flyknits on the lunarglide sole look awesome. I'm looking to get some softer shoes for a marathon in october and my friend who runs a running shop keeps recommending the lunarglides. Gonna have to go in and try them out. really wish the flyknit ones were out D:

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I run on asphalt and rotate the shoes quite a bit but my Pegasus are my hiking shoes and they get plenty dirty but still not as muddy as those plus I clean them after a few hikes. Here's how it looks after a single hike (top right of the pic).
    [​IMG]

As for your marathon, if you want a real cushioned ride and since you'd be trying shoes on at the store anyways, I'd suggest checking out the Pegasus 29. I feel the Pegasus 28 are much more cushioned and absorbs the landing better than the Lunarglide 3.
    They have nice colorways of the Pegasus 29 too, really want the blu/wht pair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. max_r

max_r Senior member

yeah I was looking at the pegasus too, as well as the zoom streak since apparently that one was made for marathons, but I'm told the zoom streak isn't very padded.

I have problems with my left knee sometimes, so I want plenty of cushion. thus is life for an underpronator