• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best MTM or bespoke options in NY?

tuna roll

Reaction score
(appologies if this matter has been discussed here already, could't find a specific thread about it)

Greetings all!

I visit NY about twice a year for work. I'd love to be there during trunk shows but unfortunately my travel dates aren't that flexible. I don't have many decent options where I live, so NY is probably my best source here.

So I'm looking for MTM or bespoke options in NY that are available year-round. I'm thinking mostly jackets and pants. But also interested in shirts and shoes.

Any recommendations / forum favorites? I'm thinking The Armoury buyt that's all I could find.

Thanks!

Last edited:

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some places, broken out by price range, that do MTM and Bespoke in the area

Entry Level:
L&S Custom Tailors
Sartoria Carrara @ No Man Walks Alone
PML @ Leffot
Paul Stuart
J Press
Kent Wang

Mid Tier:
The Armoury
Jake Mueser
Martin Greenfield in BK
Cad and Dandy

High End:
Hunstman
Brioni
Dunhill
Paolo Martorano
Eric Jensen @ Stefano Bremmer
Oxxford
David Reeves
Leonard Longsdale
Genuardi (Hoboken)

tuna roll

Reaction score
Some places, broken out by price range, that do MTM and Bespoke in the area

Entry Level:
L&S Custom Tailors
Sartoria Carrara @ No Man Walks Alone
PML @ Leffot
Paul Stuart
J Press
Kent Wang

Mid Tier:
The Armoury
Jake Mueser
Martin Greenfield in BK
Cad and Dandy

High End:
Hunstman
Brioni
Dunhill
Paolo Martorano
Eric Jensen @ Stefano Bremmer
Oxxford
David Reeves
Leonard Longsdale
Genuardi (Hoboken)
Very helpful, thanks!

Mid-tier seems like the best option for me right now. I'm talking to The Armoury about Rota (trousers) and Hundred Series (jackets and suits). Will also look at J Mueser like @jeremygo suggested.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very helpful, thanks!

Mid-tier seems like the best option for me right now. I'm talking to The Armoury about Rota (trousers) and Hundred Series (jackets and suits). Will also look at J Mueser like @jeremygo suggested.

The Armoury or Sartoria Carrara would be my recommendation in you're shooting for the $1.5-3K range.

If you're a relatively easy fit and just looking to customize fabrics and details, you might want to give PML (right by Mueser from my understanding) and Cad and Dandy a look too...different ends of the style spectrum

I've used Kent Wang before and its more affordable and a great value proposition, but there's also an adjustment curve to get everything dialed in just right which can take a couple of orders...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add Ralph F to that list too in the top end. I think his company is Fitzgeralds now that he left huntsman.

Also adding traveling tailors for NYC I can think of off top of my head (I’m sure I’m forgetting some)

Edward Sexton
Michael Browne
Henry Poole
Steed
Redmayne
Anderson Shepherd
Steven Hitchcock
Gieves and Hawkes

Solito
Zizolfi
Pastena
Pirozzi
Paone

I Sarti

Qemal
Liverano
Corcos (not taking new clients)

Dylan and Son
Anthology
BNTailor

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah! Forgot about Ralph since he left Huntsman. Its good to note that he's not as expensive now that he's out on his own...

Was also surprised to see in Derek's post that Dylan and Son was now doing NYC trunk shows now, I reached out and their pricing is very competitive (in the $2-3K range, although I'm not sure if that's with or without cloth...)

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add Ralph F to that list too in the top end. I think his company is Fitzgeralds now that he left huntsman.

Also adding traveling tailors for NYC I can think of off top of my head (I’m sure I’m forgetting some)

Edward Sexton
Michael Browne
Henry Poole
Steed
Redmayne
Anderson Shepherd
Steven Hitchcock
Gieves and Hawkes

Solito
Zizolfi
Pastena
Pirozzi
Paone

I Sarti

Qemal
Liverano
Corcos (not taking new clients)

Dylan and Son
Anthology
BNTailor
I don’t think paone travels to New York. Dalcuore also travels to New York.

I Sarti is mtm. Enhance mtm but still mtm.

Cerrato for trousers - imo, he’s the best trouser maker in terms of quality, workmanship, finishings, fit etc.

tuna roll

Reaction score
I don’t think paone travels to New York. Dalcuore also travels to New York.

I Sarti is mtm. Enhance mtm but still mtm.

Cerrato for trousers - imo, he’s the best trouser maker in terms of quality, workmanship, finishings, fit etc.
Cerrato has a permanent spot in NY, or just trunk shows? I believe he has in London, not sure about NY.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cerrato has a permanent spot in NY, or just trunk shows? I believe he has in London, not sure about NY.
Apologies. Just trunk show. Jmr was adding trunk shows.

Personally, I think you’ll overpay for a New York based location & get a worse product. Where are you located?

tuna roll

Reaction score
Apologies. Just trunk show. Jmr was adding trunk shows.

Personally, I think you’ll overpay for a New York based location & get a worse product. Where are you located?
I'm in Miami.

I was considering Rota MTM (via The Armoury) for trousers. Seems like a decent price point starting at $600. Probably not as good as Cerrato though (I'll check their trunk show dates and see if I can visit then).

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Miami.

I was considering Rota MTM (via The Armoury) for trousers. Seems like a decent price point starting at $600. Probably not as good as Cerrato though (I'll check their trunk show dates and see if I can visit then).

Rota mtm is 600 through the armoury - wow.

Here are 2 other ideas:
1. rota through no man walks alone. (I believe they still offer Rota)

Or

2. Stoffa mtm trousers.

Marco is better than both, BUT if you need trousers right away, those are 2 other options. Marco isn’t much more than the 600 you’re getting quoted.

tuna roll

Reaction score
Rota mtm is 600 through the armoury - wow.

Here are 2 other ideas:
1. rota through no man walks alone. (I believe they still offer Rota)

Or

2. Stoffa mtm trousers.

Marco is better than both, BUT if you need trousers right away, those are 2 other options. Marco isn’t much more than the 600 you’re getting quoted.
Thank, I’ll look into NMWA and Stoffa.

I’d love to order from Marco but unfortunately visiting tailors are not that convenient for me. Unless I get lucky (twice, at least) and manage to visit NY during their trunk shows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads