• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

laureth

Reaction score
https://www.24s.com/en-de/deck-derbies-jm-weston_JMW487G9BCKF131A00?color=black

If you live in Europe and planning to buy the black Deck Derby, this would be a great time
Only €444 after discount with free shipping within EU.
Also some of other items got 15% off using code FALL15, adding to their already lower than
RRP.
Another sale on 24S! This time it's 25% with code SINGLE25. Ordered a pair of 180 loafers in marron bergeronnette.
I think it's my favorite brown that they've got. Didn't feel like going for black ones and with my other pair being the red ones, I'll wait before buying the navy pair :D

Total was 523€ shipped within EU.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a pair of half-hunt/demi-chasse derbies on The Bay in what I believe and pray to be my size, so I couldn't resist. I wear a 10.5 D in the 180 and these are 10.5 E.

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Found a pair of half-hunt/demi-chasse derbies on The Bay in what I believe and pray to be my size, so I couldn't resist. I wear a 10.5 D in the 180 and these are 10.5 E.

Think might need at least half a size bigger for Demi.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think might need at least half a size bigger for Demi.

My hope is that one width up is equivalent enough to going up a half size.

Vilmir

Reaction score
Dear Weston appreciators,
I am struggling on my journey to find a pair of 180 that will make it through a day at the office.
I bought a pair of C&J Sydney in calf last May in 12E that is a perfect fit. I have the best days at the office when I wear them.
I would love to find a similar fit in the beautiful 180, but so far, I could not find any size that suits my feet.
I have tried the following sizes:
9.5E: tried at the shop, too narrow, but the length seemed ok
9.5F: ordered online after the shop visit. Was supposed to be my perfect fit according to the vendor, way too short in length and width. Why is the same size with higher width smaller in length?
10E: tried at the shop, too narrow, acceptable length
11E: tried at the shop, too narrow, perfect length, no heel slip

So I logically ordered a 11F... Gigantic heel slip! I could stick a full finger between my heel and the back of the shoe. While the pair of 11E was a perfect fit in length.

I see two hypothesis to explain my situation: Either the length seems to vary with the width, while it shall not, or the last models are inconsistent in length, to an extend where the customer sees important heel slip where it shall not.
I tend to believe that the last models they use are just inconsistent in length. A 10E felt close to another 11E in length, I have never seen that.
Please note that all the tried pairs where in calf, no suede or exotic leather.

My heels could also be narrower than the rest of my foot as well. But I have not experienced heel slip on my pairs of C&J, loafers or derbies.

After having returned so many shoes, I am starting to be afraid they will blacklist my account. (I live in France, it might be less damaging for them to handle returns from the home country)
I have 1 final option to order either a pair in 10F, or in 10.5F.
It's a hit or miss situation.

What would you guys advise me to do? Order one of the 180, or try out another manufacturer that can fit large feet?
I could order another pair of Sydneys, but I prefer having shoes with diverse styles.

Last edited:

laureth

Reaction score
I am struggling on my journey to find a pair of 180 that will make it through a day at the office.
I bought a pair of C&J Sydney in calf last May in 12E that is a perfect fit. I have the best days at the office when I wear them.
I would love to find a similar fit in the beautiful 180, but so far, I could not find any size that suits my feet.
9.5F: ordered online after the shop visit. Was supposed to be my perfect fit according to the vendor, way too short in length and width. Why is the same size with higher width smaller in length?

So I logically ordered a 11F... Gigantic heel slip! I could stick a full finger between my heel and the back of the shoe. While the pair of 11E was a perfect fit in length.

I see two hypothesis to explain my situation: Either the length seems to vary with the width, while it shall not, or the last models are inconsistent in length, to an extend where the customer sees important heel slip where it shall not.
I tend to believe that the last models they use are just inconsistent in length. A 10E felt close to another 11E in length, I have never seen that.

My heels could also be narrower than the rest of my foot as well. But I have not experienced heel slip on my pairs of C&J, loafers or derbies.

After having returned so many shoes, I am starting to be afraid they will blacklist my account. (I live in France, it might be less damaging for them to handle returns from the home country)

What would you guys advise me to do? Order one of the 180, or try out another manufacturer that can fit large feet?
I could order another pair of Sydneys, but I prefer having shoes with diverse styles.
How narrow were the 11E? I'd suggest breaking them in by wearing them at home for 2-3 hours a day for a week or so, and then taking them to a cobbler so they can stretch out the width. You should get a perfect fit. Stretching the width at a cobbler is an easy procedure.

Yeah, it sucks that they don't fit perfect out of the box, but if they're within an acceptable margin of stretching, they should fit you absolutely perfect. If the 11E's feel so narrow that even stretching wouldn't help, I'd say try the 10.5F then.

Sizing is unfortunately a nightmare, but once one gets it right (usually at a Weston store, I'm surprised that you had a different experience), it'll feel like the perfect shoe.

Your feet weren't perhaps "swollen" from walking around all day before trying them in store? I've felt like that gives inaccuracies in fit (I've actually bought a pair of shoes half a size too big because of this).

Vilmir

Reaction score
As I did several mistakes in sizing in my purchases, I always try shoes at the end of the afternoon, when my feet have properly inflated after hours of activity.

Maybe the 11E with stretching would be a better option. F width is very rarely produced at Weston, only the Toucan are available as of today, and I would ultimately like to own the 180 in 2 colours. If 1 pair works for me in 11E, then acquring a second one in 11E will be much easier.
They still do bespoke orders after measure in the shop, but it's then +50% from retail!

When tried at home, the pair 11E was unconfortable to wear with tension on the outer part of my foot but I could wear them while sitting for an hour in the evening. I was happy to remove them, but not in pain.

Shall I go for 11E and stretching then?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's quite a spread. I have two pair of 180s both in the same size and width and one fits longer than the other, so there's definitely some inconsistencies even in the same size. So, part of the problem is just the variance from any pattern that (I guess) is inherent in the handmade process. But your hypothesis concerning length varying between widths due to the last used may be accurate.

It certainly has me concerned about my recent eBay purchase.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I did several mistakes in sizing in my purchases, I always try shoes at the end of the afternoon, when my feet have properly inflated after hours of activity.

Maybe the 11E with stretching would be a better option. F width is very rarely produced at Weston, only the Toucan are available as of today, and I would ultimately like to own the 180 in 2 colours. If 1 pair works for me in 11E, then acquring a second one in 11E will be much easier.
They still do bespoke orders after measure in the shop, but it's then +50% from retail!

When tried at home, the pair 11E was unconfortable to wear with tension on the outer part of my foot but I could wear them while sitting for an hour in the evening. I was happy to remove them, but not in pain.

That may be your best option, unless you want to try a 11.5C. I will say my black pair of 180s is always a bit short when I put them on but they quickly stretch enough after I put them on.

Louis_HK

Reaction score

If I were you I will paid a visit to the nearest Weston, try on different pair of the same size and width to see which pair will fit better.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really hoping I can dial in a fit next week in Tokyo at an official store. The variance in sizing makes it worth the slight markup over there

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52