• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

Louis_HK

Reaction score
The top pair have that "country gentleman" style. Perfect with grey flannels. They were always in stock at Wilkes Bashford (San Francisco) in the 1980's-early 2000's.
Already ordered, on their way to papa :cool:

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Just pick them up this afternoon.
The recommended size from the website is precise, when I put in the measurement
suggested I order a size 6 1/2 D, These really are larger to size.
The smallest is 7D from 24S so I think I will just stick to these, since these will usually
go with socks, 1/2 size too big is not much of a problem, or could just use a tongue pad or
a thin insole. Not the end of the world.

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Well the "10 UK" listed by Mr. Porter was indeed a 10 Weston size, which in my case I was banking on. I will note that where other Weston boxes list the Weston, UK and US sizes, this pair came in a box only listing the Weston size.

View attachment 1877581

The previous pair I picked up from Mr. P was listed as "10.5 E" with no identification of which measure it was using. They ended up being 10.5 UK.

Further confusion, as was pointed out previously, this Hunter Green pair was listed as "Brown" on Mr. Porter, "Brown" corresponding per Weston and at least some pictures on Mr. P to a tan color.

No matter, as I actually don't mind the Hunter Green and am fairly convinced this size will work for me.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. So I've gathered that JM Weston sizes are UK equivalent, so you add one for the US size, is this correct?

Also, what are the shoes marked with on the sole and on the inside? Is it the JM Weston size (UK equivalent), or is it the US size?

Apologies if both have questions have been addressed earlier in the thread.

Thanks

Louis_HK

Reaction score
4F3541E5-FC52-49BF-91B0-DF125FE2863B.jpeg
Thanks for sharing your experiences. So I've gathered that JM Weston sizes are UK equivalent, so you add one for the US size, is this correct?

Also, what are the shoes marked with on the sole and on the inside? Is it the JM Weston size (UK equivalent), or is it the US size?

Apologies if both have questions have been addressed earlier in the thread.

Thanks
Each of Jm Weston shoes have their own sizing, which people find so confusing about, if you are into 180 the listed size is unique to 180 and not UK size equivalent. Attached a photo from internet explains the conversion. The covered size is US size

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Each of Jm Weston shoes have their own sizing, which people find so confusing about, if you are into 180 the listed size is unique to 180 and not UK size equivalent. Attached a photo from internet explains the conversion. The covered size is US size
@Louis_HK, so I get that each model has their own sizing. So what is marked on the bottom of the shoes - i.e. on the sole. Will I be consistent with your approach? Also, if there's a half size involved (e.g. 9/ D marked on the inside of the shoe), what will be marked under the sole near the heel?

Louis_HK

Reaction score
@Louis_HK, so I get that each model has their own sizing. So what is marked on the bottom of the shoes - i.e. on the sole. Will I be consistent with your approach? Also, if there's a half size involved (e.g. 9/ D marked on the inside of the shoe), what will be marked under the sole near the heel?
The marking on the sole is not consistent with the one inside the shoe🤣, these two photos from Buyee show the difference. The marking on the sole is 9-D and inside is 9/D

Attachments

• B7F403E5-AF9B-47D9-9E88-BF0A442AE92E.jpeg
    B7F403E5-AF9B-47D9-9E88-BF0A442AE92E.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 14711170-0036-4422-AAE5-E345BC47130B.jpeg
    14711170-0036-4422-AAE5-E345BC47130B.jpeg
    828.7 KB · Views: 336

ThatGuy

Reaction score
The marking on the sole is not consistent with the one inside the shoe🤣, these two photos from Buyee show the difference. The marking on the sole is 9-D and inside is 9/D
Oh boy! Looks like it's a real mixed bag of marked sizing. I like it. It's very French!

shoes_r_aus

Reaction score
20% off Spring Sale going on 24s.com right now guys - just picked up my first pair of 180s for 500USD shipped to Australia, don't think it gets much better than that! Am praying that the 8D on 24S means 8D Weston sizing... :/

Louis_HK

Reaction score
20% off Spring Sale going on 24s.com right now guys - just picked up my first pair of 180s for 500USD shipped to Australia, don't think it gets much better than that! Am praying that the 8D on 24S means 8D Weston sizing... :/
Are you sure there’s no extra duties even the invoice says tax and duties included 🤭. 8D from 24S is Weston 8D. I got a pair of animation loafers as well, but I have them shipped to a forwarder in Germany, the price difference shipping to Hong Kong and Germany is almost €300.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just pick them up this afternoon.
The recommended size from the website is precise, when I put in the measurement
suggested I order a size 6 1/2 D, These really are larger to size.
The smallest is 7D from 24S so I think I will just stick to these, since these will usually
go with socks, 1/2 size too big is not much of a problem, or could just use a tongue pad or
a thin insole. Not the end of the world.

How do you like these? I've always thought they were a handsome shoe.

shoes_r_aus

Reaction score
Are you sure there’s no extra duties even the invoice says tax and duties included 🤭. 8D from 24S is Weston 8D. I got a pair of animation loafers as well, but I have them shipped to a forwarder in Germany, the price difference shipping to Hong Kong and Germany is almost €300.
Wow...thats crazy. I hope I dont need to pay any additional duties since here in Aus anything less than $1000 AUD isnt subject to import tax...I hope I'm right XD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics