• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody seen the "O Project" stuff outside of Japan? Being that it's mostly one size fits all I'd like to find somewhere closer in case I need to return it.

ProfMonnitoff

Reaction score
I've been following the launch on Instagram, so far it seems like it's Japan-only. I'm definitely tempted to proxy one of those hoodies though.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, that's how it looks. For whatever reason since it's still all made in Belgium I was thinking it would be available elsewhere to. I want the ballon pants.
Also, Coverchord has most of the line so there's no need to proxy, they ship worldwide.

curiouscharles

Reaction score
literally just had a conversation about this line with Pietro via email this past week.

it sounds like it might find its way west eventually, they're just in the developing stages and are keeping it Japan only for now.

JJVE handles design & development, and their Japanese partners [literally called 'O'], are handling sales & distribution.

if enough of us western retailers bug them about it i'm sure they'll start letting us distribute it out here - but it's no surprise they collaborated with a Japanese company for this project as JJVE has really quite a following out there.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That would be dope if you guys carried it. I'm not as into it as the mainline stuff obv but the knits and balloon pants (unless I am just being presumptive and they are truly called Baroon pants) look good.

curiouscharles

Reaction score
oh we'll definitely take it on AS SOON as it's available to us.

i'm a big fan of well executed diffusion lines, and knowing Jan-Jan's penchant for picking perfect fabrics, combined with his ability to design my absolute favourite basics [his jumpers are just... perfect] - i'm just drooling to get my hands on something like this.

would work as a fantastic introduction brand for our local clients, who are obviously a little shocked by the sticker price of what we do, but are slowly [& surely] developing a taste for what we carry regardless.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah there's also a full size run of the entire line on eBay being sold by a Japanese seller (or at least there was, seems like a bunch of the sizes have been sold). I'm either going to order from Coverchord or wait and hope that Calculus get it (bigger sizes please!)

curiouscharles

Reaction score

Yeah there's also a full size run of the entire line on eBay being sold by a Japanese seller (or at least there was, seems like a bunch of the sizes have been sold). I'm either going to order from Coverchord or wait and hope that Calculus get it (bigger sizes please!)

ooh thanks for pointing this out!

i want the knit sweatshirt, knit cardigan, knit tunic sweater, and the balloon trousers... can't afford all of it right now though... :/

i'm just obsessed with JJVE's patterns & fabrics, need to do some hands-on "research" on this ASAP.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let us know what you get @curiouscharles!
And if anybody sees the grey knitted sweatshirt in L (or XL if it exists) please let me know.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright well ****, I ordered the black balloon pants so we'll see how they go, I'm worried they'll be too small in the "one size" for the intended fit but measurements on Coverchord look alright.
Still need the knit and the mesh tank (if you end up being able to stock them PLEASE pick up L's in those and I'll pay up front/pre order/whatever).

curiouscharles

Reaction score
yeah i want to at least try the black knit, just can't decide on sizing.

i'm presuming this size scale is graded towards the japanese market, but i'm typically an S in JJVE.

plus measurements are useless for such garments, and i'm obviously not going to get any customer service from an Ebay seller, UGH.

edit: looks like this seller won't ship discreetly either, definitely going to have to hard pass on any of this. :/

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody know what trousers these are?

It's an 80/20 wool/poly blend and they are called "ridges", but as far as can tell the ridges had slant pockets and these have patch pockets. It also looks like these have a cuff at them hem like the track pants so I dunno.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashraf kh