• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Haider Ackermann Thread

happyriverz

Reaction score
It was like 35% off two days ago.

I know -- that's when I bought it. I think even at the price currently shown in Yoox, before the discount, it is worth it. The quality is just excellent and worth it IMO for people who like Haider pieces.

superpotato

Reaction score
I know -- that's when I bought it. I think even at the price currently shown in Yoox, before the discount, it is worth it. The quality is just excellent and worth it IMO for people who like Haider pieces.
Agreed. Regarding sizing, are you going for the slim fit? I'm 5'11, around 70kg and find medium fits me the best. Even large fits pretty well but just a bit long in the sleeves

happyriverz

Reaction score
Agreed. Regarding sizing, are you going for the slim fit? I'm 5'11, around 70kg and find medium fits me the best. Even large fits pretty well but just a bit long in the sleeves

No definitely not going for slim fit, and I don't think it's the intent of the piece anyways. But even with that in mind, the Small was too big on me, especially in the back. I think even with the XS, the piece will be oversized, but in the correct way -- at least that's my hope.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

Yoox in general is great for Haider pieces. I basically have some Haider in my dream box at all times and lot of steals have been made on Yoox. Another great thing about the platform is that they'll add some older pieces every now and then, like these yellow silk trousers from FW18 in a size 48 right now. Great price as well.

image.jpeg

No definitely not going for slim fit, and I don't think it's the intent of the piece anyways. But even with that in mind, the Small was too big on me, especially in the back. I think even with the XS, the piece will be oversized, but in the correct way -- at least that's my hope.

It's likely designed with layering a hoodie under it in mind. That piece was never shown on the runway, right? In any case it's definitely a nice jacket.

superpotato

Reaction score
Yoox in general is great for Haider pieces. I basically have some Haider in my dream box at all times and lot of steals have been made on Yoox. Another great thing about the platform is that they'll add some older pieces every now and then, like these yellow silk trousers from FW18 in a size 48 right now. Great price as well.

View attachment 1663044

It's likely designed with layering a hoodie under it in mind. That piece was never shown on the runway, right? In any case it's definitely a nice jacket.
Definitely a lot of great Haider pieces on Yoox. I have a feeling Yoox acquired most of the pieces from Haider himself when his online store went under.

Yea, the piece wasn't shown on the runway and the only place I have seen it was on ssense and a japanese boutique

happyriverz

Reaction score
What is going on with the label anyways? Haven't seen any F/W pieces for this season. Is he just making custom pieces for Timothy Chalamet and Tilda Swinton now?

It would be really sad if the label is gone.

superpotato

Reaction score
What is going on with the label anyways? Haven't seen any F/W pieces for this season. Is he just making custom pieces for Timothy Chalamet and Tilda Swinton now?

It would be really sad if the label is gone.
Unless Haider finds someone who's willing to buy his brand (or fund his work), I doubt there will be another collection. I believe the ss21 capsule collection was just made using his limited leftover materials and resources.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah they’ve been looking for a buyer for about 2 years unsuccessfully. They were trying to package it with Ann D but apparently buyers were unwilling to take it on, and now that Ann D has been sold it seems even harder to find a buyer.
He’s somehow involved at Maison Ullens but I haven’t seen anything eventuate or any change in their output since that was announced ~9 months ago. I had kind of figured he would just refocus on womens and forget about mens but at this point I don’t know. He’s clearly still working on stuff but who knows where the output will show up.
Honestly it kind of seems like maybe he’ll take a role at a bigger house again but if it’s as dire as it seems then maybe nobody is willing to put him in that role.
it’s very strange because he’s critically loved and has a very devoted fan base so it’s hard to see how it’s such a loss maker.

happyriverz

Reaction score
Damn this sucks -- must be driven by business issues on the womenswear side, as I can't imagine menswear having a big enough impact commercially.

If the label truly goes away, it'll be hard to find another label in the menswear space that offers the same kind of romantic but also edgy glamor that HA manages to do so well.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Admittedly his last full collection was awful. The private dancer stuff was just… very very bad.
But maybe that was a last ditch effort at sales with all the graphics and things. Stores always seemed to have weird buys for Haider. They just bought Perth sweats and favored the boring m, “safe” streetwear things and largely ignored the pieces that made him so special.
In my opinion…

yunBW

Reaction score
Honestly Haider probably have barely to no motivation for his brand anymore. I have heard rumors where he would travel to places for holiday during the designing phase of the next season collection and comes on the day or two before of the runway to prepare the show. And recently work just seems like rehash of previous collection

yunBW

Reaction score
Admittedly his last full collection was awful. The private dancer stuff was just… very very bad.
But maybe that was a last ditch effort at sales with all the graphics and things. Stores always seemed to have weird buys for Haider. They just bought Perth sweats and favored the boring m, “safe” streetwear things and largely ignored the pieces that made him so special.
In my opinion…
There’s no demand for the runway pieces, priced extremely high and only begin to sell at 50% or higher plus the recent pandemic didn’t have the economic of these retailer to buy non “safe” pieces from a designer that’s not getting much attention

superpotato

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Haider piece without the material composition/care tags? I found this borago turtleneck at my local boutique at an insanely low price but it doesn’t have the care tags. Wondering if it’s legit.

13CFB7AA-5B40-4B04-AED9-FC61682596AF.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads