1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Haider Ackermann Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, Apr 26, 2019.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

The closest thing we have to a Haider thread never got traction:
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/haider-ackermann-menswear.181414/

I know there are at least a few of us on this board that are into Haider so...
    I'll update this post later but just keep it brief and basic for now.
    upload_2019-4-26_14-27-43.png
    [​IMG]

Official site: https://www.haiderackermann.com/

Brief History
    Haider was born in Colombia and studied fashion at the Royal Academy of Antwerp, He was enrolled for three years before being expelled due to a failure to complete assigned projects.
    He has claimed in interviews that this was because he was a perfectionist and didn't have the time and/or means to perfect anything in the semesters.
    Post RAA he interned with John Galliano before working under a number of well known designers, the most significant being Wilm Neels and Bernhard Willhelm.
    His namesake label began with Womenswear and launched in 2002 before finally releasing a mens collection in 2010.

Berluti
    in 2016 Haider joined Berluti and headed their RTW collection. He designed 3 seasons for the house before leaving (and was replaced by KVA).
    There was a good article from GQ where he talked about his time at Berluti
    https://www.gq.com/story/haider-ackermann-berluti-gq-style-fall-2018

Dopeness
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Callusing

Callusing Distinguished Member

Part of me would love to be the sort of person who could wear Haider and not look totally out of place in it.

Would have been interesting to see him at Margiela. Could have given the house a necessary shot in the arm.

3. OccultaVexillum

There was talk of him replacing Lagerfield at Chanel a while back.
    Well, technically it was Lagerfield saying that if he ever decided to retire he would like Haider to take over. Chanel has the right kind of opulence for Haider but I really think if he wanted something to do at a major house then Berluti was perfect for him. It was a clean slate at a house with a long history of high quality and a focus on footwear (seeing as his boots seem to be one of the best sellers).
    I piece of me would have a died a little bit if he went to Margiela tbh.

And as much as the runway can be very out there and complex and ornate, the majority of the rtw pieces are pretty understated and easy to work in, at least ime

4. jtj48

jtj48 Senior Member

Part of me would like to be the sort of person who could pay Haider prices without feeling like I have a self-destructive addiction.

5. OccultaVexillum

Yeah agreed on that
    sad part is that Haider prices seem so reasonable after browsing Haiderluti for the last 3 seasons

6. OccultaVexillum

7. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior Member