• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
So I was going to purchase a pair of black cap toe oxfords. I have never owned a pair, I always went with something else (whole cut, wing tip, brown/burgundy cap toe, anything but the black cap toe).

I lined up about 10 different brands in the $400-600’ish price range. Carmina, TLB Mallorca, Carlos Santos, Joseph Cheaney, Cobbler Union, etc...

I let my wife pick her favorite of the bunch. She went with J Fitzpatrick. (Completely blind pick, she doesn’t know the brands, and she wasn't looking at the prices)

Anyway, we put in some YouTube’s of J Fitzpatrick, specifically the Kirby Allison, to check out the brand a bit. In one of the videos Justin showed his Whittier (Oxford with the apron cut) and my wife said no the black cap toes, I was buying the Whittier MTO.
I guess the cap toes will wait until another day.

Excited to check these shoes out. A bit of a wait but quality takes time.

nikolau

Reaction score
Hi folks, cross post from the carmina thread. Folks seemed interested in moving offers to buy/sell/trade to a separate thread so I set one up for all the awesome Spanish brands/brands made in Spain out there.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An appropriate day for the Issaquah loafers in Vivid Blue suede! Sorry (not sorry) for the bare ankles ;)

IMG_2684.JPG

Last edited:

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another shot of the Issaquah loafers, with a new camera. Last day of wear for this season, see you next Spring!

IMG_0043.jpg

Last edited:

Stanacle

Reaction score
I just want to show my appreciation to this gorgeous pair of wholecut walnut museum calf shoes I recently bought in Leather Healer in Hong Kong.

I took half a size down from my usual UK5.5 due to my flat feet in this MGF lasts. This is the last pair of UK5 they got and it's ashame to know that they are not planning to restock any J.Fitzpatrick shoes.

Would Justin be so kind to offer UK5 in the RTW collection so people like me who have relatively small feet can get them without paying the MTO costs. Cheers.

20201022_140642.jpg
20201022_155733.jpg
20201022_155757.jpg

shoesforever

Reaction score
@Stanacle The stores/retailers normally don't sell a lot of shoes in your size. Even with my UK 6.5 it can be hard. Most stock from UK7 and up. I'd think the Asian market is an exception to the rule, being that Asians in general have smaller feet. The best would be to order through MTO or you can check with Justin for the next restock if he can include your size with the rest of his orders. Send Justin a message on instagram or email and he'll help you out.

Stanacle

Reaction score
@Stanacle The stores/retailers normally don't sell a lot of shoes in your size. Even with my UK 6.5 it can be hard. Most stock from UK7 and up. I'd think the Asian market is an exception to the rule, being that Asians in general have smaller feet. The best would be to order through MTO or you can check with Justin for the next restock if he can include your size with the rest of his orders. Send Justin a message on instagram or email and he'll help you out.

I'll definitely check with Justin for his next restock. I'm truly amazed by the quality of his shoes. I consider this pair a big step up from my Carlos Santos shoes.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lovely Gent to do business with, I bought these for tweed View attachment 1469351 and corduroy trousers.

Thank you for the kind words. I do appreciate them!

Thank you for helping out :)

I'll definitely check with Justin for his next restock. I'm truly amazed by the quality of his shoes. I consider this pair a big step up from my Carlos Santos shoes.

I appreciate your kind words. I can always include in a restock so long as it is a RTW model. Also, we offer US6/US6.5 in our PreSales and GMTO's. You can always email me for future help too :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads