• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Joefitz

Reaction score
Can anyone comment in the quality of J Fitzpatrick shoes? His blog and videos are so modest. He praises other brands. I’m looking for a shoe that will last for years

LThomsen

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of his whole cuts about a yr ago. Very good value for the money. Email Justin about sizing.
I am sure he can answer any questions you have about leather quality, etc. The elegant oxford recently did a YouTube review of one of his shoes and stated that his shoes are of equal quality to carmina. Justin offers very good customer service.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment in the quality of J Fitzpatrick shoes? His blog and videos are so modest. He praises other brands. I’m looking for a shoe that will last for years
IMO these are it. He knows what he's doing.

acapaca

Reaction score
I'd agree that Carmina is a good comparison. (And why wouldn't it be, really?) I own two or three pair that I haven't put through their paces yet, and one pair -- the Magnolia model, I believe -- that was my go-to dress shoe for a year or so and still looks fantastic. His shoes seem to me as good as anything else in their class.

brotherender

Reaction score
Here's a pair that went through a GMTO back in March, my first JFP shoes. Excellent quality, built on NGT last, which is true to size. With my low instep I needed to use a tongue pad on the left one due to my left foot being smaller than the right one.

Justin was extremely helpful with them and I cannot praise him enough. He's certainly acquired a loyal customer in me and I can't wait for his new renditions without a twist I am fond of so much.
IMG_20201030_234035.jpg
IMG_20201030_234728.jpg
IMG_20201030_234344.jpg

Joefitz

Reaction score
Thanks. How would you say they compare in quality to Crockett Jones?

brotherender

Reaction score
Thanks. How would you say they compare in quality to Crockett Jones?
I cannot tell as I'm not a CJ fan. I have a lot of Alfred Sargent shoes and the ones in black calf (presumably the famous Freudenberg) are as lovely as the one here from Weinheimer, its successor if memory serves me well.

Build-wise I cannot complain. I haven't tested them yet, either, so there's not much I can tell for now. They are well - executed, the leathers have a very nice feel to them and I hope they'll serve me well.

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Sunday afternoon, listening to The Libertines, Stones and some Van Halen. Wearing the great Snoqualmie boots from J Fitzpatrick, I believe that these are on a heavier last and with a bigger welt that the current ones.

I can bet that these boots started the "city hiker" niche market trend that Barker, Loake, Cheaney and others are following. They are aging nicely, maybe is time to stop pampering them.

Also a picture of them out of the box from 3 years ago.

IMG_8412.JPG

IMG_8413.JPG

IMG_8414.JPG

P7260214.JPG

sjm77

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the Country Rubber Sole? Was looking at these Carminas but then found the Columbia for much less. Looking for something that I can walk for 3-4km to work (some of it is dirt/gravel but mostly paved). No snow here and it doesn't rain that much in the winter.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Which model are those? I don't recall seeing them on the JF website.

diglett

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the Country Rubber Sole? Was looking at these Carminas but then found the Columbia for much less. Looking for something that I can walk for 3-4km to work (some of it is dirt/gravel but mostly paved). No snow here and it doesn't rain that much in the winter.
The country rubber is basically their in-house equivalent of Dainite. I walk maybe twice as much as you on a daily basis in the city, and the country rubber and city rubber (flat bottom) have always been very comfortable.

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Nice arrival from Justin Fitzpatrick "entry line".

Brand: J. Fitzpatrick // JF Line
Last: Barker
Welt: 360
Sole: Rubber, studded and lightweight

I very nice addition to my collection, nor too chunky (in Alden or Trickers way, which in not bad per se) nor to sleek as Carmina, Cobbler Union or J. Fizpatrick premiun line.

In my opinion the JF line is one of the best "entry line" brands, the finishing is not as precious as with the "main line"; but these shoes have a better QC than many of their competitors. There is a candid explanation of the difference between the two lines. Personally I don't like close channel soles, I tend to kick the stairs and the soles peel in the first wears, it happened to me with 2 other brands.

I find the colour one of the best brown shades in the market, not too dark but not as light to be confused with a dark snuff. Their cummin brother can be a great option.

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above