• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Yeah I doubt that one will go on sale, I nabbed the lighter "true indigo" chambray on sale one day on the website for like $50-60 and the next day it had been taken off sale and put back up to $100
laugh.gif

I think I might take the plunge on it at full price too because as far as quality indigo chambray shirts go its still cheap as heck.

Yeah my friend manage to pick up one on ebay for $50 (NWT) during the summer I think. It's a great shirt.

Curious_George

Reaction score
I picked mine up on ebay for around that price. I've seen it listed in various sizes many times so it's worth watching ebay for it if you don't mind waiting.

Johnathan

Reaction score
The grey trench is pretty nice, but I prefer trenches with belts and the J.Crew one is disappointing.

~Stangzorized~

Reaction score
I emailed them about the grey trench to see if I could purchase it from them already and they acted like they didnt even know they made one..

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
one of the things that makes j crew unique/marsupialed is that their internet and store stock divisions are almost TOTALLY different and run by different parts of the company. that's why you'll see different sales from the online part/in the store areas

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah.....

Clyde099

Reaction score
I got two classic fit chinos and a secret was shirt for $39 (including tax) at Old Orchard mall in IL.

They had the chinos on sale for $20, plus an extra 30% off and another 15% off (student discount).
smile.gif

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
I got my brother that lighter chambray for $50ish for xmas, I think he lost it already he told me this morning...
did you find these on sale in store?

Mr. Pharmacist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde099
I got two classic fit chinos and a secret was shirt for $39 (including tax) at Old Orchard mall in IL.

They had the chinos on sale for $20, plus an extra 30% off and another 15% off (student discount).
smile.gif

They had those same prices at the outlet in Kenosha.
Jumping on the love for the crewneck as well

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I saw a kid version of the sweatshirt a couple of days ago in the 'CrewCuts' section of the store. There was no adult version to be seen, however.

dinted voice

Reaction score
I have a clearance store by my work that gets in current items a lot of times with no defects that I can tell. Just got the chambray shirt on their always list for $25.20 with tax. Surprisingly, the fit is slimmer than their tailored dress shirts.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
one of the things that makes j crew unique/marsupialed is that their internet and store stock divisions are almost TOTALLY different and run by different parts of the company. that's why you'll see different sales from the online part/in the store areas

I got all excited when I saw a J. Crew outlet store when I was visiting Breckenridge over Christmas. What awful crap! Worse than a Banana Republic factory store! How can a company with such great in-store and on-line merchandise sell **** that I wouldn't even expect to find in Old Navy.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
I have a clearance store by my work that gets in current items a lot of times with no defects that I can tell. Just got the chambray shirt on their always list for $25.20 with tax. Surprisingly, the fit is slimmer than their tailored dress shirts.
If that's the chinstrap vintage chambray as in http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...4018/84018.jsp and theres a medium still at the store and you'd like to make some easy money proxyin' PM me
biggrin.gif

bsyde82

Reaction score
for those south bay-ers, anyone know why the valley fair j.crew is so grossly understocked in the men's dept at all times? I don't understand...it's a fairly large space, and they consistently have empty shelves and carry about 20% of what you see in catalogs/online, if that even.

james nicolas

Reaction score
i was there just last week
i swear there was maybe 10 different items in the whole men's section
made no sense

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads