• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I dunno, just really emphasizes a certain willowy-ness.

Robin you have the same deck jacket I have from last s/s right? I <3 this thing.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The brown/tan cotton one? Yeah, it's alright. Fabric kind of sucks though.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I am not a fan of that shirt on you. Looks too big and almost feminine.

My camp shirt you mean, Teger? What about it exaclty? I took another look at it and was trying to picture what you meant, but am not seeing it.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
My camp shirt you mean, Teger? What about it exaclty? I took another look at it and was trying to picture what you meant, but am not seeing it.

I dunno, just looks a little big and blousey. I'm never a fan of those type of shirts though.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The brown/tan cotton one? Yeah, it's alright. Fabric kind of sucks though.

Well excuuuuuuuuse me, not all of us can find WWM and EG
frown.gif

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I really liked the khaki andover, I need to try to pick it up ons sale. I felt the WWM Upland Jacket in the cotton was kind of lame though

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tonio, I like the shirt. I don't see the issues Teger is talking about. Not sure I'd roll the sleeves like you do, but I dig it.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I dunno, just looks a little big and blousey. I'm never a fan of those type of shirts though.

That's always an issue I have with J.Crew and any mall brand for that matter, but I figured the thin shirt and warmer weather upon us (if it ever decides to get here), that some looseness is good for a change, but it certainly isn't as slim as I normally wear for sure. Given the lenght I'd occasionally wear it tucked to around the office and such.

Originally Posted by Robert
Tonio, I like the shirt. I don't see the issues Teger is talking about. Not sure I'd roll the sleeves like you do, but I dig it.

The sleeve roll was quick and dirty (like the mirror) for the pics, but typically I roll the sleeves where this is no ballooning above the roll like it shows in my picture. It's wrinky as hell now too, but an iron should fix that up some.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
J. Crew is less blousy than most mall brands though. As for sleeve rolling, I just mean that I don't do it at all, hardly. I almost never roll them up unless it's extremely hot or I have to stick my arms in dishwater or something. This might look better with just buttoned sleeves. But overall, as I say, I like the way this shirt looks. I might need to revisit the store tomorrow.

And I myself deliberately am doing the no-iron slightly wrinkled look these days, both as an aesthetic but also as a matter of time-saving and just not caring to iron. I actually like the non-ironed look with a shirt like that.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
J. Crew is less blousy than most mall brands though. As for sleeve rolling, I just mean that I don't do it at all, hardly. I almost never roll them up unless it's extremely hot or I have to stick my arms in dishwater or something. This might look better with just buttoned sleeves. But overall, as I say, I like the way this shirt looks. I might need to revisit the store tomorrow.

And I myself deliberately am doing the no-iron slightly wrinkled look these days, both as an aesthetic but also as a matter of time-saving and just not caring to iron. I actually like the non-ironed look with a shirt like that.

Definately less blousy than most for sure, that's why I can still do my typical size small. I hear that. I avoid ironing like the plague, man.

On a separte note, has anyone bought or tried out that Jaspe Henley Tee yet?? I saw it in person and it looked great, but my size wasn't available to try on and customer service didn't have measurements for it and I know it isn't available in XS so was worried about pulling the trigger. It looks kick ass though.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
What does a marker line through the label mean? I am looking at a shirt on ebay that the seller says has a marked line through the label to prevent returns. I would usually assume that this meant it came from an outlet but as its been discussed here, JCrew doesn't have mainline stuff in their outlets. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Narwhale

Reaction score
They do have some mainline stuff at the outlets, it's just mostly outlet-made stuff. The line probably means it was sold somewhere like Rugged Wearhouse or TJ Maxx. That means it could be irregular.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't be the only one seriously annoyed by the fake sales prices on their site. "Select colors $9.99" Sure.... They are always sold out, and should drop the "lowest" price if they don't have an items in stock at that price.

andychen

Reaction score
I found it annoying too.

Originally Posted by chorse123
I can't be the only one seriously annoyed by the fake sales prices on their site. "Select colors $9.99" Sure.... They are always sold out, and should drop the "lowest" price if they don't have an items in stock at that price.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMFrancis