• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^that's a different shirt, kelvin. Even if the chambray never goes on sale, you can pick it up during one of the 20% off $175 (or such) sales.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, there are very slight differences between the J Crew chambray and the factory store chambray. PinkPantster had a great post showing the differences...

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by v3l
I'm pretty sure that the chambray never goes on sale. They don't even let us use our employee discount on it
frown.gif

Really? That's surprising. I bought my grey chambray with the 25% off red card back in April.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't think there are many restrictions on those discount cards. I got a 25%-er that I was only supposed to use with my J. Crew card, but the store manager looked the other way when I paid with my debit card.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
No, there are very slight differences between the J Crew chambray and the factory store chambray. PinkPantster had a great post showing the differences...

I really enjoyed wes' movies. Doesn't he use Mr. Ned or someone in NY for all the suits in his movies?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to be the Royal Tenebaums, but Life Aquatic slowly took over. I just watched it again last night. Everytime I watch it, I notice something new that makes me laugh
smile.gif
what's yours?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Used to be the Royal Tenebaums, but Life Aquatic slowly took over. I just watched it again last night. Everytime I watch it, I notice something new that makes me laugh
smile.gif
what's yours?

I haven't watched them since last year!! Might do a marathon sometime this summer. Was hotel chevalier any good?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get on it, man!
smile.gif
Yeah Hotel Chevalier was cool, but it's only about 12 minutes long. It's the prequel/intro to Darjeeling Limited.

kinetic

Reaction score
I know this was asked a few pages back but didn't see an answer.

Looking at some of the basics tees, any idea how much difference between a small in the "slim fit" and an XS in the regular fit?

Going to try some on soon, but you can never get XS in stores.

+1 for The Royal Tenenbaums, love the movie and the clothes. Zissou's av is money. Margot getting off the bus with Nico in the background gets me every time.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I'm pretty much in love with my chambray work shirt. Don't expect a particularly slim fit (this is J. Crew, after all), but it fits nicely and seems to be quality all around to me. Has some great details. Some things like this hardly ever go on sale. After waiting for months for a sale, I finally gave in and did full retail and I don't regret it.

Sam with me - though I had mine slimed by a tailor waist, sleeve width and length and just a little from the chest) for around $25. It is by far my favorite shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads