• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25% off everything again today (no $-amount to activate).

And dem sales start rollin in. 3rd party exclusions?

mcdecker1

Reaction score

My order is at "Released." No idea what that means.

Ordered a ton of stuff yesterday with the 30% off (Christmas, **** yeah 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
). Most notably the W&B Cable Cardigan, Deck Jacket and the Saint James shirts in each color (lol). I've been eyeing those shirts forever and finally got them on sale. 

let me know how the deck jacket works out. I've been wanting to order it but am afraid it's flimsy

... is flimsy even a word

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you are trying to buy a j.crew partner item at the 25% or 30% discount instore, you need to get manager approval.

Guus

Reaction score
Anyone explain to me why JCrew version of Blundestone 500 is Brown/Green instead of the traditional Brown/Red?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

let me know how the deck jacket works out. I've been wanting to order it but am afraid it's flimsy
... is flimsy even a word

they've had that jacket for a few years now. they've just started rebranding their **** as W&B. its a nice piece.

birdsg

Reaction score
seems like every day is a new sale. ordered the chippewa's with the 30% off. back-ordered until 1/17 though

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think of the Wallace and Barnes stuff? Is it generally worth the extra cost?

Not really. I paid retail for the camo sweater and quality is ok. I just like the print.

Questionnaire

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a denim jacket and some purplish colored chinos whilst the 25% sale is going on. Normally I'd probably buy a Levi's denim jacket but I just hate all their colors/washes.

Newstyle

Reaction score
Got some stuff in the mail today, a secret wash shirt and the buffalo check oxford shirt both of which are XS. They're sizing is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. The secret wash shirt in XS fits completely different than the buffalo check oxford in XS. The Buffalo check shirt is has to be a mislabeled small, it is too big to be labeled an XS. i'm 5'8" 140lbs and the bottom of the shirt goes well past my crotch and I am swimming in the body of the shirt. I just can't find shirts that fit me, its impossible. I guess I will have to take this shirt to the tailor. J Crew has some of the best styling and classic pieces at a reasonable cost but man is their fit just completely off. I have a Ludlow tweed jacket in a 36S on it's way and I am now regretting that purchase because I know it won't fit right.

jasonleb1

Reaction score
Got some stuff in the mail today, a secret wash shirt and the buffalo check oxford shirt both of which are XS. They're sizing is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. The secret wash shirt in XS fits completely different than the buffalo check oxford in XS. The Buffalo check shirt is has to be a mislabeled small, it is too big to be labeled an XS. i'm 5'8" 140lbs and the bottom of the shirt goes well past my crotch and I am swimming in the body of the shirt. I just can't find shirts that fit me, its impossible. I guess I will have to take this shirt to the tailor. J Crew has some of the best styling and classic pieces at a reasonable cost but man is their fit just completely off. I have a Ludlow tweed jacket in a 36S on it's way and I am now regretting that purchase because I know it won't fit right.
It must be mis-labled because I have the Buffalo Check in XS and it even fits a bit tight on me - I'm 5'6 and 130lbs. The length is perfect though. Definitely take it back for another size.

Bbombers85

Reaction score
I have those plum pants and they're a good buy. Hope you got them on sale.

I bought a bunch of stuff and that denim jacket was one of them. Unfortunately, the tab was too high to keep it all so that didn't make the cut. However, that being said, it's a good pick-up and I might have to grab it the next time they have a 30%.

I also ordered a Colburn Tweed in 36R. I'm 5'-10.5" and 155 lbs. Will let you guys know how it fits. 36R ludlow jackets usually fit me on point though.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Agreed. Awesome designs, terrible fit (most of the time). My theory on this is that they must be pinning up the clothing on the models to make the garments appear to have more of a fitted look. For example, look at any of the denim or 484 pants being pictured, compared with the size of the hem and the dimensions just do not add up. (i.e. none of their slim-fit pants fit me that slim)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads