1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. doublebb

doublebb Well-Known Member

Are there any discount codes beside the 25% off sale items floating around right now?

2. Coopa

Coopa Senior member

Doubtful. Jcrew isn't usually secretive about discount codes (i.e., they post them on the website). Non-publicized sales are usually only for card holders. The current sale ends tonight so i'm guessing something new will start either tomorrow or within the next couple days.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. sdedalus1

sdedalus1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was considering trying to save ten bucks by holding out for free shipping on top of 25 or 30% off, but decided to go for it. Not sure the bright orange 484s will sell out any time soon, but I have an uncommon size, so what the hell.

:slayer:

[​IMG]

4. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

I have those. I like them a lot.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

that shirt's from about 8 seasons ago.

6. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

As the above post stated, it's from a while back...maybe 2010 or so. I have a mainline version in size Medium that I had tailored in the waist. Unfortunately, it shrunk in the drier and is now too small for me. I wore it maybe three times. If you're interested, I can try to get measurements for you.

7. theh00d

theh00d Senior member

^ Yes spring 10 I believe,
    and yes I would like to get the measurements (pm thanks)

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

I had a large in that shirt and it was too big after I lost some weight. I tried everything to get it to shrink, and any shrinkage I got was minimal. I was kind of surprised.

But I'm sure that the Crew will have another version of that this spring.

9. m4x

m4x Active Member

Can anyone here tell me about the sizes for oxford shirts?

I'm 5'10, always wear S in shirts (depends how tight they are around waist). What should I buy, their regular fit S or their slimfit S?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  10. Robert

Robert Senior member

I like the J. Crew's updated site showing some spring "style suggestions," especially the denim jacket combinations. I picked up a Levi's jacket last fall that I'd like to try some of these ideas with, The fatigue jacket/denim jacket idea is a good one.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Today's retail therapy had nothing to do with J. Crew. I bought gobs of socks at Dillards, which has 30 percent off on Ralph Loren Polo socks.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

no, no it isn't.

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

Why do you say that?

14. Robert

Robert Senior member

At risk of seeming a traitor to the cause, Land's End has a good sale right now. I went to the local Sears-based store and picked up 3 decent oxford button-downs and a navy cable-knit sweater all for under $100. The OCBDs are decent enough for blazer wear or dressing down a suit, if you want to go that way--decent collar width for a tie, and unlike my JC OCBDs in medium, these medium shirts can be buttoned at the top button without straining (even though they are just slightly baggier in the body than the JCs). I got a blue gingham poplin, a faded blue stripe, and a plain light blue.

The navy cable-knit sweater is decent enough for only $22. A little thinnish but fits well.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  15. zxu426

zxu426 Senior member

The suggestions aren't very practical. For one, it'll be harder to move around. Also likely too warm for spring. Fall/winter, maybe.

16. zxu426

zxu426 Senior member

What's your weight and build? If you're not jacked or on the chubby side, I suggest you go with their slim shirts.

17. vents

vents Well-Known Member

Their size small actually fits better than slim small. All the measurement is same between S and slim S except the length of the shirt.

I dunno, maybe is just me.

18. zxu426

zxu426 Senior member

I wear XS exclusively, but the slim shirts are cut slightly narrower around the chest, waist, and sleeves. That isn't to say that J.Crew has improved their cuts recently. Maybe the regular shirts are now slimmer than they used to be.

19. Robert

Robert Senior member

Hmm. I dunno. I think the combinations are interesting. I tried the blazer/jacket idea today--not sure it worked with my brown tweed, and maybe would have worked better with a thinner blazer in a grey or light blue. But it was fun giving it a shot.

20. Robert

Robert Senior member

I didn't see any slim shirts from land's end. I didn't know they made them in slim. The fit actually isn't too bad. If I were really picky, I'd get them taken in a little.